• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

LP loves this lineup. lol. THey mustve promised VC his min before he re-signed...smh

When Capela is healthy, there should be no rational reason to play Carter at power forward.  IT would be all Pierce and his bad coaching if we see it the rest of the season.

13 minutes ago, enrique said:

Agreed. Using the same defense all game is not a great option. Mix in some zone. Some trapping. Some...surprise isn’t your enemy on defense. Keep them guessing. Keep them honest. 

Our zone sucked too. Our personnel outside of the bench group sucks on D

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our zone sucked too. Our personnel outside of the bench group sucks on D

Man that zone was so ass! Trae needs a lot of help defensively 🤦🏾‍♂️...he’s rotating at times he shouldn’t be, purposely switching onto whomever is going to the paint like he actually do something about that lol man it really is a mess!

it got better when ded, cam, Hunter got on the floor but overall it was just bad period on that end. 

One thing that really bugged me was the beginning of the 3rd quarter when vucevic was open on all those 3s then it happens more throughout the the 2nd half and truth be told none of our bigs recovered well or even gave enough effort to close out! I was paying close attention to that ...it’s bad communication and that’s something LP has to fix instantly 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Man that zone was so ass! Trae needs a lot of help defensively 🤦🏾‍♂️...he’s rotating at times he shouldn’t be, purposely switching onto whomever is going to the paint like he actually do something about that lol man it really is a mess!

it got better when ded, cam, Hunter got on the floor but overall it was just bad period on that end. 

One thing that really bugged me was the beginning of the 3rd quarter when vucevic was open on all those 3s then it happens more throughout the the 2nd half and truth be told none of our bigs recovered well or even gave enough effort to close out! I was paying close attention to that ...it’s bad communication and that’s something LP has to fix instantly 

Agreed, even Dedmon missed a couple of rotations. You can tell he was tired.

• Like 3

With the bad rotations tonight (And it being bad every night) this why I took a deeper look at capela to see how much he’s going to be able to help...

My topic was overlooked to a certain extent and that’s ok!...I get that capela can’t fix everything no one defender can...but I do hope LP and his staff influence capela to drop the weight Houston asked him to add on so that he can get back to his form of 2 years ago where he had an uncanny  ability of literally being able to be every where seem like on defensive end cause I can tell right now this team is going to need it!

i hope capela is as vocal defensively as he say he is ...he claims he will be bringing communication. I sure hope that’s not just him talking (get it 🤣)...no?...too much?.....anyways capela and dedmon seem like they are going to be the defensive leaders moving forward. I wouldn’t mind picking up Jae Crowder over the summer assuming he’s a free agent (we need a vet who can work with the wings defensively)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

With the bad rotations tonight (And it being bad every night) this why I took a deeper look at capela to see how much he’s going to be able to help...

My topic was overlooked to a certain extent and that’s ok!...I get that capela can’t fix everything no one defender can...but I do hope LP and his staff influence capela to drop the weight Houston asked him to add on so that he can get back to his form of 2 years ago where he had an uncanny  ability of literally being able to be every where seem like on defensive end cause I can tell right now this team is going to need it!

i hope capela is as vocal defensively as he say he is ...he claims he will be bringing communication. I sure hope that’s not just him talking (get it 🤣)...no?...too much?.....anyways capela and dedmon seem like they are going to be the defensive leaders moving forward. I wouldn’t mind picking up Jae Crowder over the summer assuming he’s a free agent (we need a vet who can work with the wings defensively)

He is still the best switching center in the NBA right now. He doesn't really need to drop weight

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

When did Dennis S. become an elite defender? NBA.com has him in the top 10 in the NBA in DEF WS. 

The ability was always there.  I feel like the Hawks lost his focus when they decided to tank.  Had they kept Paul Millsap around, he was like the governor on Dennis’s engine, I feel like Bud could have maximized what he had with Dennis.  I would have loved to have seen Atlanta add Capela to go along with Dennis at that time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The ability was always there.  I feel like the Hawks lost his focus when they decided to tank.  Had they kept Paul Millsap around, he was like the governor on Dennis’s engine, I feel like Bud could have maximized what he had with Dennis.  I would have loved to have seen Atlanta add Capela to go along with Dennis at that time.  

I felt it was when Al left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

KILLA CAM!  Dude flashes ability to take over games. I can't wait for him to get more consistent.  That offense and defensive potential sign me up! 

C-O-N-T-E-X-T - I'm not sure what some here were expecting, but I marked this as a loss as soon as we went to the second over time last night.  All things considered, the guys gave effort and fought to the end.  You can't expect the coach to play some exotic defense when our team barely understands basic defensive concepts.

I'll chalk this one up to a scheduling loss and I'm super excited to see the young guys start to play much better. The bench mob got the job done tonight.  Dedmond and Teague will make a world of difference! Can't wait for Capella.  

I've honestly enjoyed these past few weeks.  We've been about a .500 team.  Trae's an allstar.  We got useful vets.  Tons of cap space.  The rooks are showing more consistency.  Goodwin looks like a great find!  John's been balling (except this game). Kev is showing signs of improvement.  Hunter's shooting so much better and seems to be getting over that wall.

Just glad the hawks are entertaining again!  Next season we are going to be TROUBLE! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, enrique said:

Agreed. Using the same defense all game is not a great option. Mix in some zone. Some trapping. Some...surprise isn’t your enemy on defense. Keep them guessing. Keep them honest. 

Those Orlando announcers talked about three things in the 4th quarter:

1- Us switching everything.

2 - They got almost any look they wanted, we did not get any important stops. I think this is obvious for even the most casual fan as the Magic put up 42 points in the 4th. 37 in the 3rd.

3 - They got a little worried about Trae in the 4th when he hit a floater and two threes.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

3 point % this game                    3 point% season

A Gordon                                 66%                                               30%

N. Vucivic                                 67%                                               34%

T Ross                                       50%                                               32%

W. Iwundu                                 100%                                             30%

G. Clark                                     50%                                               35%

M. Bamba                                  50%                                               33%

This is why we lost!

Those percentages being by multiple guys in the same game is pretty surreal. Overall they shot almost 48% from three tonight which is a little closer to sanity.

• Like 2