• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Trae Young hated so much??

Wurider05

I don't get it. He is exciting to watch, he is a good teammate, and he seems to be a nice kid. He does have a little cockiness in him but that's from being a competitor. But he is hated especially on realgm. They claim that he puts up garbage stats, is a chucker etc. You can tell by the comments that they don't watch the games. Where does all the hate come from? 

• Moderators

I don't know honestly.  It was this way for him in college too but if you watched him he was the best player on the court every night.  

I think it's because not many people believed he could be this good and they are still trying to not admit they were wrong.  Plus, let's face it, Trae isn't a street cred kind of guy but there again how many of these prospects are nowadays?

• Like 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

He is crafty af but plays a game where he likes to bait for fouls like Lou Williams, Luka, and James Harden. People hate that style of play outside of Luka because he's you know... 

He what ??? I’m confused 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

don’t answer that! I’m just messin...no need to bring up that discussion.

• Haha 1

People always try to shoot down hype when a star player isn't winning games. Trae gets a little more because his numbers are putting him next to or above all-time greats. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is crafty af but plays a game where he likes to bait for fouls like Lou Williams, Luka, and James Harden. People hate that style of play outside of Luka because he's you know... 

Honestly, it's a skill. That's pretty much it. Guys like that aren't fun for many fans while some love Trae because he plays like it's pickup Basketball. That's why kids love Trae Young. I know I would if I was a kid. He's the modern Iverson. 

Luka has received a lot more criticism for his style of play (in terms of baiting whistles) than Trae has. 

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

Garbage stat guys do not contribute to winning.  Trae has over a WAR that is 5 plus now.  He's not just an empty stats guy.  Yes, he is a bad defender, but his passing is something that consistently gets overlooked.  He's also highly efficient for a high usage player.

This is true. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I don't get it. He is exciting to watch, he is a good teammate, and he seems to be a nice kid. He does have a little cockiness in him but that's from being a competitor. But he is hated especially on realgm. They claim that he puts up garbage stats, is a chucker etc. You can tell by the comments that they don't watch the games. Where does all the hate come from? 

To get nice reactions from the average Traetor (many of whom qualify as Lukistans) I always like to point out the Luka shoots as many or more 3s as Trae at almost 5% less efficiency. So the chucker would be Luka😂

Recently on B/R and twitter, I like to point out the fact that Trae's True Shooting % is higher than Luka's too.

One other item to elevate blood pressure is to bring out the On/Off court splits where Luka barely pushes the needle at +1.4 while Trae lands in the upper 10% at +7.7.

Edited by enrique
  • Like 4