• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All star ⭐️ 1989

Spud2nique

17 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Moses was so underappreciated here IMO.  

I don’t agree here. I’ve argued this post before with someone but I think his numbers were inflated and didn’t impact winning much like Reggie Theus. Both better players in their younger days. No arguing Moses was a beast, but for us he was way old.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t agree here. I’ve argued this post before with someone but I think his numbers were inflated and didn’t impact winning much like Reggie Theus. Both better players in their younger days. No arguing Moses was a beast, but for us he was way old.

I read a article years later in which Theus was interviewed. He felt that team should have been kept together one more season. I kind of agree with him; especially after watching the Heat their first year together. I had that Sports Illustrated Edition for years with the Hawks starters featured on the cover. Sadly it got lost with moves and divorce; but man that was a exciting time to be a Hawks fan.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
On 2/15/2020 at 3:49 AM, Spud2nique said:

I agree with you ... Moses stats were inflated ... we screwed up the chemistry... the guys that were underrated were Wittman and Tree.  We lost defense and role playing.  Willis was ready to be that second scorer so we didn’t need Moses and Theus.   We went from a team Of guys who played their roles to 4 guys who didn’t defend and looking for their points and Doc (only defender).

• Like 2

• Admin
14 hours ago, Dnice said:

Theus may have a point.  It was the pistons time then, and Boston was starting to fade.

The trade turned us into a bunch of guys looking for their points ... the staters didn’t defend and it just didn’t work.  Theus could have been a nice spark plug sixth man but that wasn’t done and I think Moses in the middle against all those awesome centers in the 80s was just a travesty waiting to happen

For more accurate stats on Moses you would need to remove maybe six or more offensive rebounds per game. The entire world knew he missed bunnies off the front of the rim on purpose and then get the score.

• Haha 2