• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deni Avdija

mrhonline

6 hours ago, mrhonline said:

Europeans don't get a lot of discussion around here, but I think this guy checks all of the Schlenkinator's boxes:

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/01/28/deni-avdija-scouting-report-2/

I believe he's middle eastern, form Isreal.  

I like him too. If his shots legit he could be a good pick up for the Hawks. 

I'm leaning towards a guard in this draft though. Edwards, Ball, or Hayes for me! 

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, marco102 said:

I believe he's middle eastern, form Isreal.  

I like him too. If his shots legit he could be a good pick up for the Hawks. 

I'm leaning towards a guard in this draft though. Edwards, Ball, or Hayes for me! 

Of Serbian heritage, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Kukoc was a good player. Could of had a better career were it not for recurring injuries.

Might have helped a good bit early if MJ and Pippen did not pull the same stuff Magic and IT did with MJ early in his career. Ignoring him (disrespect). And in the Bulls case they were all teammates so it was even stranger to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:04 PM, Thomas said:

Might have helped a good bit early if MJ and Pippen did not pull the same stuff Magic and IT did with MJ early in his career. Ignoring him (disrespect). And in the Bulls case they were all teammates so it was even stranger to me.

Agreed with Kukoc but then MJ exacted his revenge on the Zeke diss by not selecting him to the dream team.

I myself was never a huge fan of the dream team because at the time I thought Nique should be in over Pippen, it was 92 and the Bulls were just starting their reign. Why was Mullin ahead of Nique? And Laettner over Shaq, I’m sorry Laettner was good but at no point in time, from the time that they were a twinkle in their parents eyes 👀 until now, in any universe is Laettner better in any way than Shaq. 

Nique and Shaq IN, get Mullin and Laettner OUT!  (Also a little surprising they were the only white players outside of Bird and Stockton so my thinking is Jerry wanted to sprinkle more white players. Agendas agendas agendas...

🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

And Laettner over Shaq, I’m sorry Laettner was good but at no point in time, from the time that they were a twinkle in their parents eyes 👀 until now, in any universe is Laettner better in any way than Shaq. 

That might not have been a choice at all because of the Player of the Award. Not really sure. The rules were on the fly with that team. Certainly Shaq is the better big man by a mile but at that time Laettner was a hero. Maybe just all PR stuff in hindsight.

• Like 1

We are saying all these things in retrospect. Shaq was not Shaq yet, he was a young college big that was already dominant in some ways, but still struggled with certain fundamentals of the game. That roster spot was for the best college player, and that player in 1992 was Christian Laettner. As for Nique and Mullin, it was about fit. Nique might be the player in a vacuum, but with MJ and other great scorers on the team, they wanted more shooting and ball handling, which played to Mullin's strengths. Accusations of racism are unfounded and are based on comparing retrospective careers after the fact, not what actually occurred at the time.