• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins has to PROVE more! Sorry but the clock starts now...

JTB

2 hours ago, AHF said:

JC averages more points per game when Trae is out than he does when Trae plays.  

JC has scored 30+ 7 times in 40 games.  In the 7 games that Trae missed, JC scored 30+ points 3 times.

Not seeing a great argument that JC is completely dependent on Trae.

If Trae is out I would actually be concerned if he wasn't scoring more. Someone would have to pick up the slack & scoring burden that Trae leaves behind. Also, if he truly is the second best player on the team those FGA should be going to him. That is an encouraging stat to see that he has done that. I would be more interested in his ORTG with Trae vs his ORTG without Trae.

I'd be willing to pay him more than Sabonis at something like 4/90 to keep him happy but not a max like Siakam. Siakim is a much better player who has received all-star recognition and proven himself in the post-season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, High5 said:

Is there a strategic/financial benefit to an early max extension or is it just to make the player happy? 

If you do it early it's because you negotiate a deal at less than the max. If you are going to max, I see no issue with delaying until 2021, that way you keep your capspace.

Waiting allows you more flexibility during the 2021 offseason since his caphold will be at $12 million (IIRC) vs whatever the early extension number is.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you do it early it's because you negotiate a deal at less than the max. If you are going to max, I see no issue with delaying until 2021, that way you keep your capspace.

Waiting allows you more flexibility during the 2021 offseason since his caphold will be at $12 million (IIRC) vs whatever the early extension number is.

That's what I'm saying. Why do a max early? John may get his feelings hurt, but it seems like bad business unless I'm missing something.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, High5 said:

That's what I'm saying. Why do a max early? John may get his feelings hurt, but it seems like bad business unless I'm missing something.

I don't think it's neccesarily 'bad business' if you have the plan in place, especially when we are in good financial standing with our capspace. But you aren't missing anything.

I understand most everyone is looking to the Big name FAcy bonanza in 2021 with all eyes on Giannis. If he signs his supermax this offseason, there goes that egg.

Guys like Kawhi and LeBron aren't leaving LA. The rest, I'm questioning which ones we would really want at a MAX deal besides Giannis:

Screenshot_20200311-141917_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, High5 said:

I don't think you are missing anything.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think it's neccesarily 'bad business' if you have the plan in place, especially when we are in good financial standing with our capspace. But you aren't missing anything.

I understand most everyone is looking to the Big name FAcy bonanza in 2021 with all eyes on Giannis. If he signs his supermax this offseason, there goes that egg.

Guys like Kawhi and LeBron aren't leaving LA. The rest, I'm questioning which ones we would really want at a MAX deal besides Giannis:

Screenshot_20200311-141917_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hawks should sign to a max:

LBJ

Kawhi

PG

Gobert

ADavis

Giannis

Hawks should pass at any price unless a huge discount compared to expected pay rate is coming:

Chris Paul

Mike Conley

Andre Drummond

Steven Adams

Aldridge

Dennis

Dieng

All other guys are price point candidates where they could be nice adds at the right price without a super dramatic price cut from what I would expect them to get.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Hawks should sign to a max:

LBJ

Kawhi

PG

Gobert

ADavis

Giannis

Definitely! LBJ, Kawhi, PG most likely staying in LA. AD likely signs this offseason. I assumed Giannis resigns. I missed Gobert on the list.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:11 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Definitely! LBJ, Kawhi, PG most likely staying in LA. AD likely signs this offseason. I assumed Giannis resigns. I missed Gobert on the list.

Speaking of Mr. Gobert...until being recently blamed for spreading the “Rona” to his teammates and other players across the league plus Woj’s tweet of the jazz players being incredibly frustrated with him ...I would have never thought that he had any chance of leaving Utah in 2021 off season but now I think his chances are a bit higher . 

From what Woj is saying it’s a very serious feud between Gobert vs all his teammates and a lot of repairing to do .

somebody is going to get themselves a very nice center in 2021 possibly .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...