• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Rose opines that we're going to need another head coach to lead across the Jordan

sturt

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Thank goodness the Hawks like LP more than some you so called fans do. 

I said from practically the day after he got hired that history says it's rare that Moses gets to cross the Jordan in the NBA. So, as much as they may like LP, he's going to have to prove himself to be a really good playoffs coach, or give way very quickly to a Joshua out there. And right now, of course, it's premature to even pretend we know he's merely a playoffs coach at all.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We will see what happens with a healthy rotation of Trae, Teague, Goodwin, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins, Dedmon, Fernando, Vince, Jones, Bembry. We are still thin at the five spot but if Dedmon can stay out of foul trouble he is a nice upgrade over what Len was giving us.

Like someone else said, I am hoping Capela is back for the last 20 games. I don't like he is not even practicing yet though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

That's way too quick, imo. Granted, that would be a trajectory that would get that conversation started. But I'm pretty certain he gets the full first half of next season, and really, as long as we're in playoff contention at the AS break, I think he gets the full year for sure.

I understand what you are saying. I used the 25% winning percentage as the bar, 5 - 15, because the longer that pace continues, the deeper the hole is to dig out.

.268 is where we are right now and I don't think Ressler is going to accept that at all next season.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was the problem with Bobby Cox, Mark Richt and Mike Smith and now Brian Snitger and Dan Quinn. Coaches that management liked but weren't good enough. We need our Belichek/Pat Reiley type coach!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

This was the problem with Bobby Cox, Mark Richt and Mike Smith and now Brian Snitger and Dan Quinn. Coaches that management liked but weren't good enough. We need our Belichek/Pat Reiley type coach!

How many of those are there in the nba?  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Let me throw out that I wouldn't include Cox in that list of coaches.  He did an elite job for the Braves and won them a ring.  He may not be the greatest manager in the history of the game or anything but he had that team in a position to win a championship numerous times.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

And I'll add that the way to make sure that great coaches don't come to your franchise is to fire coaches because they can't win with a crap roster.  

The Hawks have an all star... Cleaveland Chicago, and the Knicks do not which means the Hawks should have a better record than those teams!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Let me throw out that I wouldn't include Cox in that list of coaches.  He did an elite job for the Braves and won them a ring.  He may not be the greatest manager in the history of the game or anything but he had that team in a position to win a championship numerous times.  

Cox lost 5 times more rings than he won...enough of this myth that Cox was a good manager. He probably had the best assembled team ever for 14 years and has 1 championship to show for it. Dude sucked! Cleveland's just happened to suck more in the 96 series otherwise Cox would have zero!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks have an all star... Cleaveland Chicago, and the Knicks do not which means the Hawks should have a better record than those teams!

Have you accounted for John missing half of our games and getting nothing from the trio of vets Crabbe, Turner and Parsons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I will say this, with Collins and Huerter back we should be better than those teams. Now add Dedmon, Capela, and Teague, them being better than us should not even be a discussion.

We are four games behind the Bulls; that should change by the end of the season.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Serious.gif

That there is some purty incredibly shallow logic. Makes me think pEeyore's just trolling now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cox lost 5 times more rings than he won...enough of this myth that Cox was a good manager. He probably had the best assembled team ever for 14 years and has 1 championship to show for it. Dude sucked! Cleveland's just happened to suck more in the 96 series otherwise Cox would have zero!

You seem dead set on this so I'll just say I agree to disagree on all of that.  The idea that this was the best assembled team ever; the idea he sucked; etc.  Definitely disagree on all that.  My view is that an average manager would not have made the playoffs or WS nearly as often as he did (remember this was a different era where it was much harder to make the playoffs).  You clearly think an average manager would have done all that and won 5 rings or whatever.  Don't think we are going to bridge that gap.  So agree to disagree.

• Like 3

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Have you accounted for John missing half of our games and getting nothing from the trio of vets Crabbe, Turner and Parsons?

This.  Also, the Hawks in fact have a better record than Cleveland soooo what are  you talking about there?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Other teams had injuries including the Bulls but they have been better.  Cleveland was even missing Kevin Love when they blew the Hawks out before the All star break.

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Other teams had injuries including the Bulls but they have been better.  Cleveland was even missing Kevin Love when they blew the Hawks out before the All star break.

I think the Hawks have to show up now, much like they did the last half of last season but even better. Collins and Huerter missing so many games. Len did not turn out well; Dedmon should be a all around upgrade. Those teams you mention have not lost their 1st or 2nd best player for anything close to 25 games.

But the excuses are over now; even without Capela. 26 games left, so somewhere in the 10 - 13 win range is what should be expected. Only 6 - 8 wins and I will be disappointed.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2