• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Rose opines that we're going to need another head coach to lead across the Jordan

sturt

Sorry I haven’t read the entire 6 pages of this thread but did anyone throw out names of other coaches that were suggested by Jalen or are out there right now looking for a head coaching gig.

Lloyd is working his thing. Let him work and let’s see where we go. If and when we are truly expected to win based on a talented roster and don’t, that’s when we should start trying to replace him.

I was just curious if anyone threw out names though. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I had to do hard time with Luka. LUKA!!!!! Think about that for a second. This is amiss all the comparison bs going on...I had it for like 6 months. 🤦‍♀️ 🤢 🤮 

You did the hard time.

Respect.

160831-respect-bump-fists-lg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I haven’t read the entire 6 pages of this thread but did anyone throw out names of other coaches that were suggested by Jalen or are out there right now looking for a head coaching gig.

Lloyd is working his thing. Let him work and let’s see where we go. If and when we are truly expected to win based on a talented roster and don’t, that’s when we should start trying to replace him.

Without rereading the thread, the only names I recall being thrown out were the general notion of a "Bud disciple" being the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Darvin Ham, Chad Forcier, Ben Sullivan, Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, maybe Becky Hammon.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Without rereading the thread, the only names I recall being thrown out were the general notion of a "Bud disciple" being the way to go.

I was curious if people were going with an offensive type head coach like a D’antoni to push Trae’s offensive limits even further or another defensive like Lloyd.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Becky Hammon.  

@kg01 approves 😃 

1 hour ago, AHF said:

How do you conclude Bud did a "masterful" job winning 24 games in 2017-18 whereas LP was garbage for winning 29 games in 2018-19?  I'm honestly having a hard time seeing what consistent logic gets you there.

(Please try to spell this out with more than conclusory statements because I'm slow enough that I'll need extra hand holding to understand how one roster is much better than the other or how one team had better veterans or fewer young players or whatever the logic is.)

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The weird thing is I haven’t heard him comment on why he won’t change it. Does he think the deal was unfair? Or is it just not wanting to own up to his loss? He took his 🏀 and went home...damn.

KB and Peo should start a dodgeball team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pierce is not on the hot seat here by a long shot. Stop listening to Jalen and talking heads. 

The most obvious reason is because Schlenk already fell on the sword for him and took ownership of his personnel  decisions.

The second reason that should be equally obvious is that there were no internal expectations from the front office for this to be a playoff team this year. Changes are only made when expectations are not met. The expectation for this year was for us to improve upon last year which hasn’t happened, but again, Schlenk already went before Ressler and the media and blamed himself.

The biggest reason why LP is safe is because from an ownership level, despite the losing (which Ressler isn’t happy about) the team is still more popular now than it’s been in his entire time as our owner, and fans are showing up and tuning in to watch this team. Ressler is making money off of the excitement around our youth movement.

Despite what some posters here may believe, the general public recognizes that we have the makings of something special and want to be apart of it and watch it grow. Nobody in the arena  is screaming for a new coach or for a playoff push. They are all just enjoying the show mainly thanks to Trae Young’s dominance.

Lloyd Pierce has a losing record, but his reputation in this league is high enough that he is one of a handful of coaches on staff for Team USA. Do you think for a second if he was some scrub coach they would allow him to coach the best players on in USA basketball? The answer is no.

Pierce is a rising star, and he will be given every chance to get us out of the woods. So long as he doesn’t fail to meet organizational expectations. So until Ressler or maybe even Schlenk say we have playoff aspirations, LP will not be on the hot seat for being a lottery team.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You like him? You think LP's cool?

I mean .... I've never heard someone say, "I want LP to coach my team."

( Shrugging shoulders, twiddling thumbs )

What's so great about LP?

He's willing to absorb losing to fulfill management's agenda?  That's pretty much all I see, because he obviously doesn't have much in the way of actual coaching ability.  

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You got my point but are being purposely obtuse.

I won't apologize for not wanting us to follow failed organizations' models.

I am really not being obtuse. I pretty clearly stated I disagree if you think LP should have more than next year to get us to a 8th seed.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He didn't like the unicorn avatar.  I offered to let him only have it up for a couple days and then switch to another but he refused.  Window for that has long passed.  I doubt he'll ever own it.  Strangely made an avatar bet expecting he would like the avatar chosen I guess.

We can't all have something easy to rep...like dreamy. dad-bod small forwards.  :devil:

People that have such a negative mentality as Peo and whine and complain as much when things go wrong and then disappear when things go well, typically tend to be sore losers. Did anyone really expect a different outcome from him?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

People that have such a negative mentality as Peo and whine and complain as much when things go wrong and then disappear when things go well, typically tend to be sore losers. Did anyone really expect a different outcome from him?

You people keep trying to say I disappeared when that wasn't the case.  The board disappeared.  The only reason I knew that it was back up was because I got a private message from someone telling me that it was up a little over a month or so ago.  

44 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You like him? You think LP's cool?

I mean .... I've never heard someone say, "I want LP to coach my team."

( Shrugging shoulders, twiddling thumbs )

What's so great about LP?

Schlenk wants him here. Popovich wants him with team USA. Embiid still wants him.

Don’t play yourself.

Ask them what makes him a great coach

• Like 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I did.  I don't view him as someone who lives to complain and who won't celebrate if the team does well.  I think he'll be there enjoying the team's success when they turn the corner.

I used to view him as someone who would be willing to take his lumps when he lost something.  I was pretty shocked with him breaking his word on that.