• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Rose opines that we're going to need another head coach to lead across the Jordan

sturt

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You people keep trying to say I disappeared when that wasn't the case.  The board disappeared.  The only reason I knew that it was back up was because I got a private message from someone telling me that it was up a little over a month or so ago.  

The timing was bad because the team had significantly outperformed your predictions and most of the regulars had returned.  Glad to have you back!

Here was my question from above:

How do you conclude Bud did a "masterful" job winning 24 games in 2017-18 whereas LP was garbage for winning 29 games in 2018-19?  I'm honestly having a hard time seeing what consistent logic gets you there.

(Please try to spell this out with more than conclusory statements because I'm slow enough that I'll need extra hand holding to understand how one roster is much better than the other or how one team had better veterans or fewer young players or whatever the logic is.)

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Darvin Ham, Chad Forcier, Ben Sullivan, Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, maybe Becky Hammon.  

I have never heard of this coach but he has been with Carlisle since day one. 11 years with him and he was a graduate assistant under Bill Donovan. Donovan and Carlisle go way back and are friends. Carlisle met Mike Weinar through Donovan back in his Florida days and he took him on almost as soon as he got the Mavericks job.

His main duties now are the offensive side of the ball and opponent preparation. Weinar is only 35 but has been working with Carlisle 11 years. Its almost like as soon as he graduated college he went to work for the Mavericks.

https://www.mavs.com/team/coaches/mike-weinar/

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

I did.  I don't view him as someone who lives to complain and who won't celebrate if the team does well.  I think he'll be there enjoying the team's success when they turn the corner.

I used to view him as someone who would be willing to take his lumps when he lost something.  I was pretty shocked with him breaking his word on that.

I'm not sure when I lost anything to take any lumps about.

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

The timing was bad because the team had significantly outperformed your predictions and most of the regulars had returned.  Glad to have you back!

Here was my question from above:

Did you forget who Bud was forced to give minutes to, after the AS break but in particular late in the season that year?  Jaylen Morris, Andrew White, the Taylor kid they got from Houston, Damion Lee...etc.

Dedmon missed a lot of time.  Bazemore missed a lot of time.  Schröder missed a lot of time.  The only player that started all 82 games was Prince.  Schlenk didn't even trade Ilyasove or Belinelli.  He just out right bought them out.  

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Did you forget who Bud was forced to give minutes to, after the AS break but in particular late in the season that year?  Jaylen Morris, Andrew White, the Taylor kid they got from Houston, Damion Lee...etc.

Dedmon missed a lot of time.  Bazemore missed a lot of time.  Schröder missed a lot of time.  The only player that started all 82 games was Prince.  Schlenk didn't even trade Ilyasove or Belinelli.  He just out right bought them out.  

We were 18-41 at the break that season with our 3 returning playoff starters (Baze started 2 seasons prior) only missing a combined 5 games. Dedmon started 24 of those games. Ilyasova and Belinelli were valuable vets that we haven't had this season. It just doesn't add up, according to your beliefs. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I'm not sure when I lost anything to take any lumps about.

The post about lumps was discussing Peo’s refusal to follow through on losing a bet.  Wasn’t talking about you with that comment.

After you predicted the team would only win 18 games and made several other dire predictions that missed wildly people were anxious to hear from you though.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, High5 said:

We were 18-41 at the break that season with our 3 returning playoff starters (Baze started 2 seasons prior) only missing a combined 5 games. Dedmon started 24 of those games. Ilyasova and Belinelli were valuable vets that we haven't had this season. It just doesn't add up, according to your beliefs. 

Yeah, still don’t see the logic that says 18-41 was masterful but LP’s record at the break last year was garbage.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, kg01 said:

Based on performance, Coach K should've been fired at Duke after 2-3 years.

Based on performance, John Wooden should've been fired at UCLA.

Based on performance, Phil Jackson should've never been a head coach because Collins should've never been fired.

There's more to it than that.  But, if management wants their shiny new toy, you'll get your way.  And we'll join the pantheon of greats(sic) like the Kings, Twolves, and Suns.

After Dean Smith's first couple of years at UNC the students displayed a lynching effigy of him on campus. Brown and Cunningham were the only players of true note at that time and it gives a good angle on all of this. Dean ended up with a decent career as I recall.

• Like 1

I think many of you will find it surprising that i've shifted blame of this teams failures from LP to the players themselves

There comes a time when pride should kick in and you get tired of being embarrassed on the court and take it upon yourself to improve your weak areas (mainly team defense) and hold each other accountable. I still give the rookies a pass tho becuz they're rookies after all. But players like Sir Render are gonna feel my wrath. His trash ass can begone

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I think many of you will find it surprising that i've shifted blame of this teams failures from LP to the players themselves

There comes a time when pride should kick in and you get tired of being embarrassed on the court and take it upon yourself to improve your weak areas (mainly team defense) and hold each other accountable. I still give the rookies a pass tho becuz they're rookies after all. But players like Sir Render are gonna feel my wrath. His trash ass can begone

You bash Huerter non-stop so I'm definitely going to be giving you my surprised face.  :straightface:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I want to publicly shame the idiot that informed the only ignored user on the board that the site was back. Why on Earth would anyone want to bring that crap back? Do you miss the plague too? Did you miss out on chicken pox? Haven't had the flu enough times in your life?

Thanks for nothing whoever you are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, KB21 said:

Oh so Bud's results were marred by key players missing a lot of time?  Oh that makes sense.  Yeah LP sucks. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I want to publicly shame the idiot that informed the only ignored user on the board that the site was back. Why on Earth would anyone want to bring that crap back? Do you miss the plague too? Did you miss out on chicken pox? Haven't had the flu enough times in your life?

Thanks for nothing whoever you are.

While KB drives me crazy at times and beats a dead horse totally needlessly, he makes a fair amount of good contributions to the site too.  Especially lately.  Not excusing the unnecessary, repetitive bashing of our current course but i guess i'm looking at the glass quarter full.  

If we examined my contributions it's probably 80% unnecessary gifs so not throwing stones.  I reserve the right to change my tune about this subject tomorrow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Oh so Bud's results were marred by key players missing a lot of time?  Oh that makes sense.  Yeah LP sucks. 

So, outside of John Collins, what key players have missed the amount of time that makes it in anyway similar to what Bud had to deal with?