• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter

mrhonline

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If they don't or continue to under perform expectations will you at least consider coaching might be a problem or blame them like the rest of the Hawk squawk mob?

You realize that Cam was injured and then improved dramatically in 2020, right?  I couldn’t have been much happier with his rookie year.

Hunter was expected to struggle some as he had to adjust moving from PF to the wing for most of his minutes.  Very few guys bust out while making that position change.  If he doesn’t improve then we can assign blame as appropriate (TS for thinking he was something he wasn’t; LP for not coaching him up; Hunter for not trying or just not being that good; some combination, etc.)

Bruno had a fine year and fine numbers for a second round pick.  Finished #22 in WS/48 despite being the 34th pick.  He was never projected top 10 nor should he have been picked there or been expected to perform at that level with great coaching.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If they don't or continue to under perform expectations will you at least consider coaching might be a problem or blame them like the rest of the Hawk squawk mob?

Yes!

:smug:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1 down, 50 more to go!

LP still has everything to prove.  I’m just not bashing him for coaching a bad roster or for things he doesn’t control.  If the team flops next year, it is hard to see a scenario where he shouldn’t be blamed.  But I’m not bashing him for lineups starting Damian Jones, Jabari Parker, etc.  Had some garbage vets last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, AHF said:

LP still has everything to prove.  I’m just not bashing him for coaching a bad roster or for things he doesn’t control.  If the team flops next year, it is hard to see a scenario where he shouldn’t be blamed.  But I’m not bashing him for lineups starting Damian Jones, Jabari Parker, etc.  Had some garbage vets last year.

I know you can't see it yet.  For some people, things have to be painfully obvious before they can see it.  People still think Dan Quinn is a good coach so I won't hold this against you.

😇

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JTB said:

WE all knew Schlenk would not fire pierce until Pierce is given a chance with what the Hawks front office considers a better roster.  Not what we think is a better roster as fans but the front office. The owners have made it clear they want to see the hawks in the playoffs next season.

The Hawks met expectations last year believe it or not.  The team with JC and with an unwarranted belief that the vets would be real contributors was expected to win at a 36.5% clip.  With JC missing almost 40% of the season, several other injuries and a spirited rivalry among our vets to see who could be the biggest dumpster fire, we won 30% of our games. Given the missed time from JC alone that is on par. 

When he is given a team that is expected to have a winning record (hopefully next year) will be his first.  It is also when the pressure will dramatically damp up.

I’ve said it before but I think next year is the “up or out” season for LP.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Carmine said:

LP has been great developing our players. If we don't make the playoffs this year he's probably on the hot seat. I'm cool with giving him a full term (4 years) before making any decisions to retain or move from Pierce.  Were still on track in Schlenk's timeline. Shaking things up too early & making major changes will lessen the Hawks routine/structure. As younger players benefit from consistency, this won't bode well for their development.

Fair point.  Franchises that churn through coaches are losers.  On the other hand, if you have the wrong guy you don’t do yourselves favors by holding too long.  That is why I am so eager to see how LP and the Hawks do this year.  TS owes everyone a much deeper, more productive roster.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

REALITY CHECK:

... we all see it but not going about what we think should or will happen in the same views you do.

:good:.....as noted in any of these threads. Just like our players, coach is also a work in progress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Why waste time with a below average coach who is obviously over his head? I guess this is what Atlanta sports teams do. I don't have time to waste like some you. If you can't see that Pierce doesn't  have that it factor or you are satisfied with mediocrity then I do know what to tell you except enjoy your loses to Cleveland, Chicago and New York!

All of us who are Hawk fans believe, if they do not begin to win, their coaches will be in trouble.

All of us who are Falcon fans, know.

Hawks are still in their growing season.  We all expect and hope to see improvement with both the roster and the coaching staff.  If the Hawks don't improve, the owners, the coaches and players are all expected to be held accountable.

:sun:

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

All of us who are Hawk fans believe, if they do not begin to win, their coaches will be in trouble.

All of us who are Falcon fans, know.

Hawks are still in their growing season.  We all expect and hope to see improvement with both the roster and the coaching staff.  If the Hawks don't improve, the owners, the coaches and players are all expected to be held accountable.

:sun:

We've waited 3 years so why not throw away another year.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Cmon AH.  That group was on the verge, bro.

Totes.  They were only outscored by 70 that season and with most of the roster aging and getting big pay raises you know that means better things to come.  I mean, Dwight is going to carry the Lakers to a ring.  If we hadn't thrown that team away, he could be carrying us to a ring this year. :sad face:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

We've wait 3 years so why not throw away another year.

Ah, my good friend.  Hawks are not throwing away another season.

There is a huge difference between growing better and better and throwing everything away.   If you have children or know a lot about children, they do not walk before they crawl.  The do not talk and reason like adults as tots.

This Hawk team has endured the growing pains.  They aren't there.  Not yet.  But, the more time passes the closer they get.  I know.  You and I want them to win and win now.  Our patience wears thin.

I believe our Hawks will be much improved and make the playoffs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Ah, my good friend.  Hawks are not throwing away another season.

There is a huge difference between growing better and better and throwing everything away.   If you have children or know a lot about children, they do not walk before they crawl.  The do not talk and reason like adults as tots.

This Hawk team has endured the growing pains.  They aren't there.  Not yet.  But, the more time passes the closer they get.  I know.  You and I want them to win and win now.  Our patience wears thin.

I believe our Hawks will be much improved and make the playoffs.  

Where is the growth?  They all look the same to me except Trae hits more of those bad shots he takes.  This team has the same defensive problems they've had since LP took over and his dumb line ups struggle to rebound.  But like I said...I see already and it may take time but y'all will eventually see it also.

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Where is the growth?  They all look the same to me except Trae hits more of those bad shots he takes.  This team has the same defensive problems they've had since LP took over and his dumb line ups struggle to rebound.  But like I said...I see already and it may take time but y'all will eventually see it also.

Fire him now and hire D'Antoni? You happy?