• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter

mrhonline

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

26 is at the bottom as in bottom 5 worse. Plus the rankings were not based on team wins

Bottom five!  4  are below our great one!  The cool thing about being on the bottom is, there is no where to go but up!  Hawks are now going to go up!  

:hi:

Don't know Jim Boylen.  Don't you believe?  With the center position now solid, trusting that there will be no starter with a 25 game suspension, and a season's experience for all our youth, I believe we will be on the rise.  And, they will take your hated head coach with them!!

:smug:

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Don't know Jim Boylen.  Don't you believe?  With the center position now solid, trusting that there will be no starter with a 25 game suspension, and a season's experience for all our youth, I believe we will be on the rise.  And, they will take your hated head coach with them!!

:smug:

Don't get me wrong, obviously the Hawks will be better this upcoming season but it won't be because of LP but rather in spite of him.   I guarantee though that the team will under perform any reasonable expectations because of him.  Just think Brett Brown!  His teams improved also but they under achieved.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Peoriabird said:

Don't get me wrong, obviously the Hawks will be better this upcoming season but it won't be because of LP but rather in spite of him.   I guarantee though that the team will under perform any reasonable expectations because of him.  Just think Brett Brown!  His teams improved also but they under achieved.

Let's get an early prediction from you.

In your eyes, what should the record of this team be next year, and does that record put them in the playoffs?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let's get an early prediction from you.

In your eyes, what should the record of this team be next year, and does that record put them in the playoffs?

They should be a .500 team right now without free agency.  41-41 is a playoff birth in the Eastern conference

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They should be a .500 team right now without free agency.  41-41 is a playoff birth in the Eastern conference

We have no bench without FA..lol...Lacking backup pg, sf, pf...

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'm sure Peo doesn't mean literally that we don't add free agents. I would read his post as saying something like "Assuming reasonable but unexceptional FA signings and noting that I don't have the specifics of that right now to fine tune my prediction more precisely, they should be a .500 team."

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

There were plenty of teams with "no bench" that were around .500 last year like Phoenix, Portland and Memphis and they were in the west.  This team with essentially 2 all stars should be at least a .500 team.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

here were plenty of teams with "no bench" that were around .500 last year like Phoenix, Portland and Memphis and they were in the west.  This team with essentially 2 all stars should be at least a .500 team.

Phoenix had Carter, Saric, Baynes,  and Kaminski off the bench..

Portland had Gary Trent, Simons, etc..

Both way better than anything we can trot out right now..

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm sure Peo doesn't mean literally that we don't add free agents. I would read his post as saying something like "Assuming reasonable but unexceptional FA signings and noting that I don't have the specifics of that right now to fine tune my prediction more precisely, they should be a .500 team."

Pretty sure He said we're a playoff team without FA..

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We have Teague, Dedmon, Huerter so what's the difference in our bench?

We dont have Teague yet....And you hate passive Huerter..lol

Edited by terrell

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There were plenty of teams with "no bench" that were around .500 last year like Phoenix, Portland and Memphis and they were in the west.  This team with essentially 2 all stars should be at least a .500 team.

2 allstars?

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Point is Carter, Baynes,  Saric, Kaminski,  is a better bench than what we have right now..

How much better?  The Hawks should be able to handle the like of Cleveland, Chicago and the Knicks without any problem with 2 all stars.  The problem is they don't and there are coaching reason why.  You and others just can't accept this.  @Cwell went into details about one of many issues with this team and how it is being managed.  We have enough and free agency finds and a productive draft pick would be icing on the cake with a competent staff

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

2 allstars?

Yeah John is an All Star with those numbers!

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, terrell said:

Pretty sure He said we're a playoff team without FA..

We just saw what this team is without a bench last season when we had to play Vince Carter, Crabbe, Turner, Jones, etc. serious minutes.  I'd hope he doesn't think we were a .500 team last season and so is building in a superior bench into his assumptions for a .500 early prediction for next year's team.

• Like 1