• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He said the P word.......Playoffs for 2020-2021!

JayBirdHawk

I am pretty sure the writing is on the wall. Barring a major injury to Trae or Collins, its playoffs or bust next season. Three years in the bottom of the standings is about all Ressler will stand for.

Here is something I have been thinking about as I see the Nets in 7th place, the East is going to get tougher if Durant and Kyrie are healthy next season. That is a big if but a definite possibility.

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

All the clp haters now want us to tank.

I don't want us to tank and I don't hate. I payed for a full year of NBA League Pass and games like the last one make we want to ask for a refund. I want to watch a win every time my friend!

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Here is something I have been thinking about as I see the Nets in 7th place, the East is going to get tougher if Durant and Kyrie are healthy next season. That is a big if but a definite possibility.

I get it now....

Edited by Thomas

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Speaking of the Nets . . . they're down by 29 to Memphis late in the 4th.

At least they can say that is without Kyrie and Durant. We did have Collins and Trae, just saying.

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not a guarantee Nets get in. Durant healthy is not guaranteed. Kyrie will need time and rhythm and flow with each other to integrate what they already have with Allen and Dinwiddie and Prince. I don’t know it’s not a given they get in. There’s only one ball 🏀 and 2 ball dominant hogs.

The Nets were a playoff team last year, they are a playoff team this year.

They are getting better players back, and likely a few additional ring chasers over the offseason who see who is coming back and want to join the party. 

The Nets will be better than the Sixers, Heat and Pacers next year. Not as good as Milwaukee, yet, but competing with Bos and Toronto for a top 3 seed next year.

Book it 

The East is gonna be tough next year make no mistake.

Orlando is the incumbent 8th seed, no signs of regression.

Washington and  Chicago are in the same category as us, teams that look in the mirror and believe that they are playoff worthy. 

Detroit is headed for rebuild. Knicks are a huge mess and they cant even see it yet, and Cleveland is a crapshoot. They may have enough for a quick turnaround if they play their cards right this offseason. 

We arent the only ones who think we will be better next year. There is going to be heavy competition for  1 playoff spot. Maybe 2 spots if Miami keeps trending in the wrong direction. 

• Like 3

Lets make a push to get to 9th. We're 4.5 games behind Washington. If we can finish at 9, 3rd in the division, our guys will have much needed confidence for next year

30 wins is still the magic number in my opinion. That's 11-8 the rest of the way

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

All season, Pierce has stressed that this season isn’t about wins or making the playoffs.

So this was a tank year after all!

After the Collins suspension I did not see much hope. Is there a difference between telling your team its not about winning and losing is ok? Lloyd speak. I am sure he sees a difference but I don't.