• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He said the P word.......Playoffs for 2020-2021!

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the quote clearly stated all season long not just during the Collins suspension

That is his opinion and I disagree. I am pretty sure his uber competitive All Star PG disagrees as well.

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You do realize the quote came from the head coach of the team right?

I do and that does not mean I have to agree. Just like I don't think Trae enjoyed losing 20 out of the first 23 games after Collins suspension. I think one of the issues between him and Pierce is this development idea is more important than wins.

Not positive but I am pretty sure Trae plays to win every night and he is probably hoping his coach coaches to win every night.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not positive but I am pretty sure Trae plays to win every night and he is probably hoping his coach coaches to win every night.

In other words, Trae is tired of the coach tanking games while labeling it "player development".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

In other words, Trae is tired of the coach tanking games while labeling it "player development".

I don't think Trae sees a difference between playing to win and developing. This is the NBA, its not kindergarten.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nope.  No excuse, seeing that the Nets have been a playoff team all year, and have played better without Kyrie this year.

I guess we just suck a lot worse since Collins suspension and Huerters lingering injuries is not a excuse; if Irving and Durant are not good excuses either.

Edited by Buzzard

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Book it 

The Nets will probably get in but I’m not sure they will be as good as people think. There’s only ☝🏾 ball. Kymie is a hog about it.. and cupcake 🧁 is a quitter if things go astray. Not a given.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I said it’s not a given I’m not betting against it. The east is still the east.

Even if I won a bet with you, I am not that cruel to make you suffer through another year of Luka. Maybe a year of Steph would be the choice; or a GSW Logo all season 😀

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I guess we just suck a lot worse since Collins suspension and Huerters lingering injuries is not a excuse; if Irving and Durant are not good excuses either.

11-12 in the last 23 games.  Better record than the Nets in that span.  

Why are you so hung up on the one game?  The team has shown improvement lately since Cam finally found his shot. De'Andre started rebounding, Kevin starting passing and shooting better, and John started putting up all star numbers.   While Trae remained an offensive machine.

I also would like to add Bruno has been defending the paint against these bigger centers very well.  Get him more minutes!

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

11-12 in the last 23 games.  Better record than the Nets in that span.  

Why are you so hung up on the one game?  The team has shown improvement lately since Cam finally found his shot. De'Andre started rebounding, Kevin starting passing and shooting better, and John started putting up all star numbers.   While Trae remained an offensive machine.

I am not hung up on it. The Nets getting beat bad by Memphis was posted so I responded to it. Its all good, I walked away from the TV when Pierce went into his sideline tirade and benched the starters. We were down a little over 20 then and I guess a 40 point loss is a teaching experience.

Maybe it is; but its one I don't care to watch.

Edited by Buzzard

Unfortunately, you can’t just flip a switch and decide that it is time to start winning games.  The Hawks have not spent any time focusing on the traits and characteristics of a winning team.  Instead, they have focused on losing to get a high pick in the name of player development. 

By not focusing on winning in this process, bad habits have been allowed to develop.  Those bad habits are going to be hard to break.  These young players do not know what it takes to win in this league, and it will be a while before they figure it out.  

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I am not hung up on it. The Nets getting beat bad by Memphis was posted so I responded to it. Its all good, I walked away from the TV when Pierce went into his sideline tirade and benched the starters. We were down a little over 20 then and I guess a 40 point loss is a teaching experience.

Maybe it is; but its one I'd not care to watch.

My god. Talk about something besides how you hate LP!  We KNOW for the 1000th time! 

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 1

Just now, marco102 said:

My god. Talk about something besides how you hate LP!  We KNOW for the 1000 time! 

The word hate gets tossed around a lot on boards. Being critical is par for the course. Hating is something you save for someone who causes harm to a loved one or a actual war.

I really wish people would start understanding the difference. There is a big difference. I think LP is a good man. He is well spoken, educated, and articulate. Try getting me to say that about someone I truly hate.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My god. Talk about something besides how you hate LP!  We KNOW for the 1000th time! 

Just a reminder that Memphis has Taylor Jenkins, a Bud protege and former Hawks assistant as head coach.  He’s far better than Lloyd Pierce.  

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The word hate gets tossed around a lot on boards. Being critical is par for the course. Hating is something you save for someone who causes harm to a loved one or a actual war.

I really wish people would start understanding the difference. There is a big difference. I think LP is a good man. He is well spoken, educated, and articulate. Try getting me to say that about someone I truly hate.

Maybe that's your literal 50+ year old definition.  However, for us younger people, it means unreasonable dislike no matter what someone does. 

You are not critical.  You always find a way even in a win to be negative about him.  But, go on.  That's your thing. I'm just saying.  I intentionally did not metion Lloyd Pierce in my post and you found some round about way to bring him up. Being critical is fine, but always discussing it ad nasuem is what I call hating. 

I'd say if you didn't DISLIKE Lloyd Pierce, you can go a three days without posting a negative comment about him.  The Hawks haven't had a game in a few days yet here you are still ranitng about Lloyd.  Who, for all intents and purposes, will be the coach next year so why are you wasting all of this energy ranting about something that's not going to change for at least a year?

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1