• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Most Valuable Player on an NBA Team 2019-2020?

enrique

Hey Squawkers, 

I have been gathering data and stats for a while (working on an approach to player comparison) and am wanting to compare my statistical results to our personal views/opinions on certain players. In other words, comparing the "eye-test" to the data-test. Since I am not sure where to place this, MODs feel free to move it. My only concern is that most of the other forums get little traffic in the past. I'd like to gather at least 100 responses. So you can share this with your friends. All I ask is that you do your best to choose one MVP for each team listed. I have used 13 teams for good luck and narrowed the choices down to a handful of choices. I do include the "Other" for a write in candidate, but do use that only if you really believe a case could be made for someone other than the players listed. 

Here is a link to a google form where I will gather the data. Thanks ahead of time for taking 3-5 minutes to share your personal opinion with me.

https://forms.gle/WCqEeDVqXvpQxBso9

Have a great day and hope our Hawks get a win tonight!

• Admin
4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why would you choose him? Luka is clearly the correct answer. Mavs fans aren't choosing Kevin Huerter.

Its not Luka's fault that he was drafted by us and was traded ... he is the best player on their team and one of the top in the league

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why would you choose him? Luka is clearly the correct answer. Mavs fans aren't choosing Kevin Huerter.

Because the question was about the eye test and if I'm being 100% honest.....I've seen about 4 Mavs games and Luka hasn't played in a single one. Yet Timmy has gone off in each one. So to me, while I KNOW luka is their star, the eye test for me is Timmy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, AHF said:

Looking forward to seeing the end results.  We'll give this a few days and then move it to the Around the Association thread.

Thanks! I have been slammed at work developing systems to care for at-risk populations in the city. Sorry to have been absent from here. Miss, miss, miss the Squawk and the Hawks!!!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 11:03 AM, capstone21 said:

why only 13 teams?

I don't currently have the time to see how consistently my value system coheres to all the teams. Instead I chose teams where there was a clear-cut MVP on the team and some where there have been some debates. If there is a strong coherence to the eye test, then I'll try it across the NBA. Until then just working on a theory of player comparison. Thanks for helping out!