JayBirdHawk

Coronavirus!

One of the most bizarre decisions to me was the closing of the border to European travelers.  You know that when you announce this everyone will return home to the US.  But there was zero screening of people and they didn't even recommend quarantining returning travelers (or at least our multiple people did not get any such direction).  We've got US employees who were getting their temperatures checked for the past two weeks when they went to Mexico but there was zero effort back home to try to contain the impact of these people returning from a zone we've deemed high enough risk to shut down.  We had our guys returning from Europe volunteer to quarantine but they said other than fewer people in the airport there was zero difference from a normal trip.  So much low hanging fruit out there that went untapped.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Any wonder GA is now expected to be a next "hot spot"?

And the governor gets on yesterday saying they didn't know asymptomatic folks could be passin' this thing around.

Ok, people have known that since January.  If he says "duh, we di'nt know til the las' 24 hours, blah, blah, blah .." then he's either a f*kng liar or a f*kng idiot.  One or the other.

Uh...not understanding why it has to be one or the other with that guy. Maybe something more like both and add just a tad bit of "lets do some crimes man".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm on conference calls with staunch Republicans from the Midwest and Kemp is such a laughing stock that they are bringing him up and slamming him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm on conference calls with staunch Republicans from the Midwest and Kemp is such a laughing stock that they are bringing him up and slamming him.

Bet if Kemp's hair was orange they would have a very different sentiment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

It's like, if you're gonna lie, come up with a better one.

'Uh, we didn't know', when like everyone knows, is a horrid excuse.

And it's not even a political thing for me.  I reject idiocy no matter what gang you claim.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's like, if you're gonna lie, come up with a better one.

'Uh, we didn't know', when like everyone knows, is a horrid excuse.

And it's not even a political thing for me.  I reject idiocy no matter what gang you claim.

Yeah, that was what I was trying to say.  Everyone regardless of political leaning thinks that was so stupid as to be unbelievable.  He isn't teflon enough to be able to shrug that kind of moronic statement off.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

He isn't teflon enough to be able to shrug that kind of moronic statement off.

It's Georgia. Probably no lasting repercussions unfortunately. Does Lester Maddox riding sitting backwards on a bicycle in a damn parade while serving as Governor sound remotely familiar? Some folks just about worshipped the bigot. I was really young and maybe the only time I really thought of violence in great detail. TMI right, but do think the point is serious, we need to vote our asses off in November because Donald is not so, so much different than Lester. Going backwards.

Damn... even The Last Supper social distancing and having Zoom conferences. Oh my!

20200403_192343.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We do have a board for politics so let's take any more political discussion (particularly political discussion that isn't directly connected to the coronavirus situation) to that board.