• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Kudos to the Kraft family for stepping in to supply masks to the first responders in Massachusetts. 

Massachusetts had ordered a shipment of 3 million masks

Marylou Sudders, the state’s health and human services secretary, has said they were impounded by the federal government on March 18.

Kraft got 1M masks in on his personal plane.  Not sure how impounding equipment ordered by the states fits with the matra of states needing to manage this themselves without the feds.  

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2020/04/03/charlie-baker-emotional-response-kraft-mask-delivery

• Like 3

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trust me, I didn't vote for him. 

I did and will again in November.   Best President we've ever had.  He has ran the government like it should be:  A business.  

Apple stepping more heavily into the battle against the virus now. Tim Cook tweeted this last night. Apple certainly has the cash and means to do it.

Apple, best-known for phones and computers, said it would start making face shields for medical workers. Apple chief executive Tim Cook tweeted on Sunday that it has designed and is now making the protective gear. The tech giant plans to make more than one million shields a week, which will be shipped first to US medical workers and then distributed globally. It has also sourced 20 million face masks which it is donating worldwide to help prevent the spread of the virus.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Sothron said:

As @AHF pointed out I was talking about our governor. 

Please a copy my apologies.  I misread.  

15 hours ago, AHF said:

The comment Sothron had nothing to do with the President.  We aren't starting a Trump debate on here as I've already cautioned.  That can be done on the political forum.  You were responding to a comment on Kemp who was brought into this thread as he just said that we only just now found out the virus can be spread by asymptomatic people when we have known that for months.  Then again by his decision to open the beaches when that appears to be a high risk environment for the spread of viruses.  Feel free to comment on the Governor's actions and keen insights into epidemiology or to discuss other political actions bearing directly on the coronavirus.  

My bad.   

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, High5 said:

And it's doing as well as all of his other failed businesses. 

In the NBA if you have six bankruptcies do believe you get sent to the pine.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved to an intensive care unit Monday after his condition with coronavirus symptoms "worsened," his office has said.

Johnson, 55, was first admitted to St Thomas' Hospital in London on Sunday evening for what he said were "routine tests," adding that he was in "good spirits."

But the apparent change in the leader's health has shocked the nation, with politicians from his party and the opposition voicing their support for the leader as the country battles a widespread coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52178501

• Sad 2

To be clear, I see the political fall out of this as even more dangerous than the virus itself. A lot happened in the background here nobody talked about. The cover up, the years of paying off the World Health Organization and civil rights watchdogs to look the other way. Some idiot politician is going to say the wrong thing and this has the potential to blow up.  Military posturing is the perfect way to distract from this. Someone is going to say the wrong thing and provide them political cover by allowing this to puff their chests about honor and lies and more. You'll see more about this "holding China accountable" in the coming weeks. Here's to hoping someone doesn't get stupid.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I did and will again in November.   Best President we've ever had.  He has ran the government like it should be:  A business.  

bud.jpg.66b27f69ce246f86ea9903c06c7b8b26.jpg

22 hours ago, AHF said:

The comment Sothron had nothing to do with the President.  We aren't starting a Trump debate on here as I've already cautioned.  That can be done on the political forum.  You were responding to a comment on Kemp who was brought into this thread as he just said that we only just now found out the virus can be spread by asymptomatic people when we have known that for months.  Then again by his decision to open the beaches when that appears to be a high risk environment for the spread of viruses.  Feel free to comment on the Governor's actions and keen insights into epidemiology or to discuss other political actions bearing directly on the coronavirus.  

Kemp was lying. Its obvious. Nobody can be that stupid..Can they? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved to an intensive care unit Monday after his condition with coronavirus symptoms "worsened," his office has said.

Johnson, 55, was first admitted to St Thomas' Hospital in London on Sunday evening for what he said were "routine tests," adding that he was in "good spirits."

But the apparent change in the leader's health has shocked the nation, with politicians from his party and the opposition voicing their support for the leader as the country battles a widespread coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52178501

Another "leader" that didnt take this thing seriously in the beginning...Now he's in intensive care......

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, AHF said:

So I see the comments about the president it's ok to bash.   Okay...........

• Premium Member

The NBA and NBPA have been collaborating in recent weeks on the viability of multiple blood-testing devices for COVID-19 that would provide results within minutes. The breakthrough in testing would be a first step toward resuming play in the near future.

The Illinois-based Abbott Laboratories began shipping its rapid-response tests across the U.S. last week.

There is a collective sense among general managers and athletic training officials that rapid-result testing is the critical hurdle that must be cleared for games of any tape to take place in the coming weeks and months.

"Rapid-testing results are key to return to work, return to sports, everything," one NBA general manager told ESPN, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Whatever job you have and environment you work in, if you're interacting with people, we're all going to have to feel safe doing that. Sports isn't any different."

The NBA, however, is unlikely to move forward with rapid-testing until there is no longer a shortage of testing available nationwide.

"We are going to be clearly second in line to healthcare workers, transportation workers, public workers, things along those lines," a longtime NBA head athletic trainer said.

"Even if the technology is there, is it accessible?" said another athletic training official with firsthand knowledge of the process. "Because obviously we have higher-priority people that may need that, like our emergency workers and healthcare professionals that definitely take a priority over our players."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257805/NBA-NBPA-Collaborating-On-Viability-Of-Rapid-Result-Testing-For-COVID-19

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, terrell said:

Another "leader" that didnt take this thing seriously in the beginning...Now he's in intensive care......

Yeah Parliament wanted to recess open ended for the obvious reason but Boris kept the lights on, the doors open and more than urged them to show up. Its Ironic but also a really bad deal for his health with this virus.

11 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

So I see the comments about the president it's ok to bash.   Okay...........

That's not what anyone said.  He merely explained to you that you misinterpreted the statement to which you had responded.