• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

@Bleachkit 

So you really, really might want to read this article buddy.  It states almost verbatim many of the objections I brought up, and throws in a few of their own explaining why the study shouldn't be trusted. Specifically they discuss the problem with soliciting via Facebook ads and how that would draw a much larger participant group who may have concealed they believed they already had symptoms.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-studies-suggest-huge-undercount-of-coronavirus-infections-but-are-they-right-161418566.html

You think this study will be an outlier? Ok, go ahead and think that. This is just one of many antibody studies that are on the way. The one they are doing in New York will be the most extensive yet.

I'm not even worried about the double hop. The foot drag to set it up and the push off to get to the jump are both not okay.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

You think this study will be an outlier? Ok, go ahead and think that. This is just one of many antibody studies that are on the way. The one they are doing in New York will be the most extensive yet.

Read the article. It explains why both studies can't be trusted.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Going uncalled is one thing.  Saying it's a legal move with the advantage of replay is beyond the pale. 

It was legal. There is a common misconception that a lot of people have about this but is explained in these videos below.

Most people confuse the gather or control of ball, and the gather step which is just a continuation of the gather.

Most people don't know there are 3 different kinds of travels (inbound, live dribble, and gather/pivot foot) But they blend the rules from the 3 different travels when they see something they dont like.

I learned a lot about this from the videos below. They even used a bad call against Trae as an example too.

The most common misconception with the step back or euro steps, is when does the ball handler actually gain control of the ball? People count when the ball hits the ground as the last dribble buts its not, its when the hand stops movement of the ball. Thats what allows spin moves and other things to be legal, the ball was picked up but control wasn't maintained so it was still live. Thats why the gather step matters, because it accounts for that grey area, or the step in question. You could have resumed the dribble. So we only count the non dribble steps after the gather has been established. 

This is broken down very well below. Take a look. Its worth the watch

https://youtu.be/J5xGKioMsIo

https://youtu.be/5eBbnfcVSug

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It was legal. There is a common misconception that a lot of people have about this but is explained in these videos below.

Most people confuse the gather or control of ball, and the gather step which is just a continuation of the gather.

Most people don't know there are 3 different kinds of travels (inbound, live dribble, and gather/pivot foot) But they blend the rules from the 3 different travels when they see something they dont like.

I learned a lot about this from the videos below. They even used a bad call against Trae as an example too.

The most common misconception with the step back or euro steps, is when does the ball handler actually gain control of the ball? People count when the ball hits the ground as the last dribble buts its not, its when the hand stops movement of the ball. Thats what allows spin moves and other things to be legal, the ball was picked up but control wasn't maintained so it was still live. Thats why the gather step matters, because it accounts for that grey area, or the step in question. You could have resumed the dribble. So we only count the non dribble steps after the gather has been established. 

This is broken down very well below. Take a look. Its worth the watch

https://youtu.be/J5xGKioMsIo

https://youtu.be/5eBbnfcVSug

The gather "techniques" are just ways of legalizing clear travels, IMO.  The NBA hasn't called palming or travels by the book in years and this just pushes the boarders out further.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Well if the NBA isn’t back by May,  you will be 1-1. Wow 😳 ya ur a real dynasty ala the scrubs. 

The ☀️ shined ...

ANYBODY CAN WIN THE LOTTERY

-White men CAN’T jump (real talk)

on a dog's ass! 😄

The real funny thing is that I've been planning to watch that after I get off work for hours. Then I see this! Thanks spud!

• Haha 1

FYI, When the "discussion" began in earnest on death rates last week I tossed out a number. By Thursday night/Friday morning we were at 33,000 dead. As of this morning 5 to 6 days later, 45000. 12k dead in 6 days. I'm thinking this rush to reopen really should be delayed a week or two.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

FYI, When the "discussion" began in earnest on death rates last week I tossed out a number. By Thursday night/Friday morning we were at 33,000 dead. As of this morning 5 to 6 days later, 45000. 12k dead in 6 days. I'm thinking this rush to reopen really should be delayed a week or two.

So I got this email from a restaurant here in Atlanta.   I thought it was really great.

Napoleon’s and Re-Opening the Dining Room
Although the governor has declared it okay for restaurants to re-open their dining rooms next Monday, April 27th. We have decided for the safety of our staff and guests, to take a wait and see scientific approach before we decide to re-open indoor facilities. We feel that the CDC’s guidelines are the best and safest way to make a decision to proceed with opening.
They recommend the following:
(1) The number of new cases has declined for at least 14 days.
(2) rapid diagnostic testing capacity is sufficient to test, at minimum, all people with COVID-19 symptoms, as well as close contacts and those in essential roles.
(3) the healthcare system is able to safely care for all patients, including having appropriate personal protective equipment for healthcare workers.
Once these guidelines have been met, we will feel more comfortable with reopening the dining room.
1. We currently have 6 consecutive days with declining cases in GA, let hope we make it to the 14-day mark.
2. Testing has been significantly ramped up but not to the level needed per the CDC, let's hope this happens this week.
3. The Healthcare system in GA seems to be in good shape to handle the current level of cases
We will keep you posted once we see a date that looks attainable. Until then we will continue to operate our To Go business and Drive-Thru service!
Thank you so much for all your support through this very difficult time!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Watching our HR's weekly Zoom meeting right now. Starting to talk about a "crawl" (phase I) return to campus sometime in May--no earlier than May 1, but probably more likely May 15.

How bout others... what are you hearing about your workplace status/outlook as-of today, 4/22?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Watching our HR's weekly Zoom meeting right now. Starting to talk about a "crawl" (phase I) return to campus sometime in May--no earlier than May 1, but probably more likely May 15.

How bout others... what are you hearing about your workplace status/outlook as-of today, 4/22?

We are an "essential" business so right now our production sites are still operating everywhere in NA while the corporate office is closed and working remotely.  (We don't think 99% of the corporate functions qualify as an exemption to applicable stay at home order and the vast majority can be done from home.)  I don't think this will have much impact on us, although it will certainly make it more likely that one of our people tests positive and endangers their coworkers.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm an AEMT full time so that obviously hasn't changed a bit throughout all this.  My side jobs however, one being a maintenance technician for 2 Gold's Gyms are opening Friday but they're at least taking the social distancing very seriously....the front desk won't be open and signs are being put on cardio equipment to keep people spaced out.  I don't agree with the owner re-opening but it's a franchise so it's his call.  My other part time, chic-fil-a,  has went to A and B staffs where you work only M, W, F or T, Thurs., Sat, to keep people apart and of course the inside is closed to carryout....drive thru only.  My overall opinion is this is not in agreement with experts in the healthcare field and potentially going to backfire but these business owners are freaking out and willing to take the risk by following our governor's misguided leadership. 

19 hours ago, AHF said:

We are an "essential" business so right now our production sites are still operating everywhere in NA while the corporate office is closed and working remotely.  (We don't think 99% of the corporate functions qualify as an exemption to applicable stay at home order and the vast majority can be done from home.)  I don't think this will have much impact on us, although it will certainly make it more likely that one of our people tests positive and endangers their coworkers.

Still working from home and I work for a IT Outsource Company. All our Service Desk, Remote Engineers, and SMC which is over our team is working from home. On site engineers go in as needed. The hardest part was getting the phones to work at home instead of the office; usually due to bad local infrastructure or a poor ISP Service provider.

I hope our team stays this way until Christmas or even makes it a permanent option.

Edited by Buzzard

21 hours ago, sturt said:

So we got a letter from the executives today.  States that they know that in the state there have conflicting reports of the state reopening. States we will rely on the advice of the CDC and medical professionals. That we are currently in a work from home if you are able posture and you will be given significant lead time once we begin working toward returning to the workplace. ....  Translation...."this don't change nothin"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2