• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I do. Sorry If I'm taking this a little personally. But literally everyone has told me I'm wrong. I have been banned from facebook groups for posting "misinformation" about fatality rates. I have been given a month long ban from the Atlanta falcons message board for similar reasons. Now the evidence is suggesting I was actually right about those fatality rates.

I tell you you're wrong all the time but you don't take it personal.  Well, there was that one time. 🙄

Seriously though, I think it's your delivery that's getting you in trouble.

Just now, kg01 said:

I tell you you're wrong all the time but you don't take it personal.  Well, there was that one time. 🙄

People don't like being told their wrong, especially when it's an opinion that is contrary to popular belief. They inevitably resort to ad hominems and strawmans. Then when it's all said and done, when the evidence shows I'm right after all, be ready for rationalizations, deflections, obfuscation and denial.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I do. Sorry If I'm taking this a little personally. But literally everyone has told me I'm wrong. I have been banned from facebook groups for posting "misinformation" about fatality rates. I have been given a month long ban from the Atlanta falcons message board for similar reasons. Now the evidence is suggesting I was actually right about those fatality rates.

Not sure anyone here told you you were wrong.  My point was and is that you can't keep incessantly saying you're 'right' when nothing backs that up.   There is still nothing that indicates.  .2% and saying over and over again 'see i was right' anytime there is smallest amount of info within a 3 acre field of your prediction is.....well..... exhausting.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Not sure anyone here told you you were wrong.  My point was and is that you can't keep incessantly saying you're 'right' when nothing backs that up.   There is still nothing that indicates.  .2% and saying over and over again 'see i was right' anytime there is smallest amount of info within a 3 acre field of your prediction is.....well..... exhausting.

If it's 0.5% in New York, where half the Covid-19 deaths are, then what it would be nationally? I think my 0.2 to 0.3 number is still on target. If I'm wrong I will concede as such.

38 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

People don't like being told their wrong, especially when it's an opinion that is contrary to popular belief. They inevitably resort to ad hominems and strawmans. Then when it's all said and done, when the evidence shows I'm right after all, be ready for rationalizations, deflections, obfuscation and denial.

Bro, all I'm saying is your delivery is why people are upset with you.  There's a way to deliver unpopular realities.  Let's just say you're still working on mastering that art.

To put it nicely. 🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Personally, I wouldn't know anything specific to bleach's commentaries on that topic. Purposely, for the most part, have stayed out of that vein of conversation because I'm persuaded sometimes that the people who have invested themselves in their profession... in this case, public health... are doing the best they can given the limitations that the situation is presenting, and that I can't really add anything valuable to the conversation. I don't study what's going on in other countries as they have, I don't understand what all is involved in the nuts and bolts of engineering and generating the test kits, I don't study the risk factors, and so on. They do. If I lend my voice, no matter what I say, I'm just noise, so I'm better to understand my own limitations and be content.

But in the bigger picture, to the comment above, I do know...

Some people are lousy at sending.

Some people are lousy at receiving.

So, it's not all on the sender, and it's not all on the receiver.

If either one is lousy, it's gonna present a problem.

Ya could even say football = life and life = football. 🙂

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Bro, all I'm saying is your delivery is why people are upset with you.  There's a way to deliver unpopular realities.  Let's just say you're still working on mastering that art.

To put it nicely. 🤠

So it's a matter of being tactful? Before I deliver the damning results, next time I will start it with "if I may interject, my good sir."

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

There ya go.

Problem solved.

Happy, happy.

Oops... no, hold everything... upon further review, I'm being told that's just too many words. People will complain. Some might even say they're insulted. And we can't have that.

Try again.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So it's a matter of being tactful? Before I deliver the damning results, next time I will start it with "if I may interject, my good sir."

That'd be much better, thanks.  With a British accent too, please.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I don’t think that is it.  I think the arguments you were raising to show a low fatality rate echoes too strongly of arguments in bad faith used to argue against social distancing measures so people conflated your arguments with arguments against taking measures to flatten the curve.

I hope you are right or even that you are too high.  When we have widespread testing we should have a better idea (I’m sure even if we test every citizen we won’t test the dead so it won’t be perfect).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

LMFAO! There's no way a sane educated person can defend this. 

The amount of misinformtion spewed at these press conferences is unfathomable. 

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Speaking of not telling someone "their" wrong. If you can say "thet are" it's spelled they're.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Mike McConnell expounding on having a difference of opinion with Bill Cunningham (both of 700 WLW Cincinnati) beginning about 10:00.

Cunningham is among those advocating that the covid reaction has been overblown.

Me, I tend to agree with McConnell about 2/3 of the time.

And this is one of those times.

• Premium Member

8 hours ago, AHF said:

This seems pretty on par with Trump.  I'm honestly not surprised at all.  And I won't be surprised when his sycophants are too scared to stand up to this lunacy like they would if it were, say, a Democrat president recommending it.