• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
8 hours ago, thecampster said:

An update to this story, the woman has asthma. There is an exception to the policy for medical conditions. So the officer overreacted. He was informed. She was arrested and charged with criminal trespass. Those charges will probably be dropped and there will probably be a settlement.

The vast, vast majority of people with asthma have no reason not to wear a mask.  If someone has such severe problems breathing that they can’t wear a mask they are also at very high due to the severity of their compromised system they almost certainly shouldn’t be at athletic events where they would be within 6 feet of another person.  

Sounds like the charges are likely to be dropped given the facts here but I hope people don’t use the medical exception to brush off an inconvenience.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

I'll be interested to see what decorum people react with on this....but that's a discussion for a different part of the forum.

I imagine it will run the full spectrum.  Many people feel like he has cost thousands of lives by deliberately downplaying and not taking action on Covid and callously exposed his supporters repeatedly at rallies to feed his ego.  Those people will view this as karma.  Others feel like this all a hoax and that the Democrats will stop at nothing to undermine Trump.  For them, they will view this as a deep state conspiracy to infect him.  There will be a host of other responses in between, above and below.  

Hopefully most Americans will take a step back and a deep breath and see a fellow American dealing with a potentially deadly part of this pandemic and will root for a full recovery for him as with everyone else who becomes infected.  I personally hope this will trigger a new heightened awareness that will lead to people taking the basic steps that are needed (consistently) to help us get this under control comparatively to other western nations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I'll be interested to see what decorum people react with on this....but that's a discussion for a different part of the forum.

I look at it like this. I hope he gets well soon, but let this scare make him come out and support the science  and stop downplaying the protocols. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I look at it like this. I hope he gets well soon, but let this scare make him come out and support the science  and stop downplaying the protocols. 

I kinda feel like he'll be one of the ones that never develop severe symptoms, thus strengthening his resolve that the whole thing is no big deal.

Not a political comment, just hoping your scenario plays out and not mine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

At the very least it will be met with the same level of decorum that Trump has consistently demonstrated. 

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hope folks show empathy.  Be the change you hope to see.

Perhaps that gets through to him/them.

I'm sure most people will be better than that, but plenty of people will be happy to give him a taste of his own medicine as well. I personally don't have any sympathy for the guy (and still think there's a decent chance this is all a charade), but I'm also not reveling in the news or wishing for him to be ill. I hope he recovers and this leads to the country as a whole taking the virus more seriously. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rnc-chairwoman-ronna-mcdaniel-tested-140408523.html

Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, tested positive for the coronavirus on Wednesday, multiple news outlets reported Friday

McDaniel, who has mild symptoms, was with President Donald Trump last Friday and has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday. 

• Moderators

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Friday that during debate preparation for President Donald Trump, who has since tested positive for the coronavirus, none of the people present wore masks.

"No one was wearing masks in the room when we were prepping the president during that period of time," Christie said. "And the group was about five or six people, in total."

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, who hosted the debate, said the rules called for everyone attending to wear a mask, except for Trump, Biden and himself. Wallace said Friday members of the Trump family flaunted those rules. Though they wore masks when they entered the debate hall, they took them off after being seated.

He said a safety personnel member from the Cleveland Clinic came up to the family when they were seated and offered them masks in case they didn't have them "and they were waved away."

"And people in the hall noticed that they weren't wearing masks and everybody else in the hall was wearing a mask," Wallace said. "When the debate ended, Mrs. Trump came over, walked past me, she was not wearing a mask."

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm sure most people will be better than that, but plenty of people will be happy to give him a taste of his own medicine as well. I personally don't have any sympathy for the guy (and still think there's a decent chance this is all a charade), but I'm also not reveling in the news or wishing for him to be ill. I hope he recovers and this leads to the country as a whole taking the virus more seriously. 

The fact that this isn't far-fetched is saddening.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing that honestly scares me the most about Covid-19 is many have lost their sense of taste. That is absolutely devastating to quality of life.

Yeah, we focus on the 213k lives lost but it isn't a binary "survivors" and "lives lost."  There are a host of people who have long-term health impacts in that survivors column that sometimes don't get truly appreciated because of the scale of lost lives.  Lost sense of taste would be something I'd not wish on anyone.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, we focus on the 213k lives lost but it isn't a binary "survivors" and "lives lost."  There are a host of people who have long-term health impacts in that survivors column that sometimes don't get truly appreciated because of the scale of lost lives.  Lost sense of taste would be something I'd not wish on anyone.

Serious response - this is indeed the hidden 'cost' of all this.

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Non-serious response - That'd be awesome.  Like a super power.  Can you imagine being at a party like, "G'head gimme the ghost pepper wings.  I can eat a bowl of 'em and not even sweat!"

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Non-serious response - That'd be awesome.  Like a super power.  Can you imagine being at a party like, "G'head gimme the ghost pepper wings.  I can eat a bowl of 'em and not even sweat!"

lol

Hopefully they'll cast you to play "Ghost Pepper Man" as the MCU introduces its cast of super powered mutants.  

image.png

• Haha 2