• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Threezus said:

My god i hate the offense when Trae decides to hold the ball for the entire time of the clock and then force up a crazy hard shot.  When we move the ball around alot we get open looks all day.  He really needs to quit doing that iso crap all the time it's screwing the offense up.

Seriously, dribbling the ball for 23 seconds and jacking up a 32 foot three is not winning basketball. If CLP cant fix Trae's issues, we might need to get a coach who's not afraid to hurt some feelings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😱 indeed. Damn.

At least he’s not wearing green. I automatically hate him less.

It was a two sided coin really. The Celtics were better with Rozier getting the minutes than with Kyrie often. Funny stuff in hindsight.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The Hawks are actually the ones that traded Luka, in case you didnt know,

Believe this is what Supes was referring to. Its a good thing.

53/18/11

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They been quite like a mouse on RealGM.

I think it's time to stir up a little somethin' sumthin' over there.

I might start phantom liking some of them old posts from folks who deemed him trash, a bust, etc. after like 6 games.

Kid looks like a different player.  Funny how being healthy does that to a person.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now that he is doing this, they are either quiet or don't understand what they are seeing and how he has improved so much.

That's the thing, most of his critics still haven't watched a full Hawks game. 

I got into an argument earlier in the season, in an industry function with some dude from NY, saying that Cam was a bust, Trae was all flash, and unrelated to hawks but that Zion was all hype. Some coworkers laughed cause they knew it'd get me fired up. I asked him how many full hawks game he had watched. His answer? TWO (which I still think is BS btw, probably 2 quarters if that). And he said it proudly as if he was trying to prove his point? 

I think I can safely assume that most of the posters at realgm are the same. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I got into an argument earlier in the season, in an industry function with some dude from NY, saying that Cam was a bust, Trae was all flash, and unrelated to hawks but that Zion was all hype.

Wonder if he knows that only Trae and Oscar have had 2000 points and 800 assists in their first 100 games in the "history of the league".

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Don't feed it man.  

I'm sitting here thinking Hunter didn't have a decent game. He only took 5 shots, but he was playing good defense and we were complaining about his rebounding and now he's been on a rebounding tear. 13 pts 11 rebounds 60% shooting.  Great game D. Hunt. 

I was thinking the same, that he was the invisible man - but he played solid defense in the 4th and OT, rebounded well and hit 3 clutch freethrows. His rebounding has greatly improved.

Since ASB, Hunter has been good as hell too me. Heck, his WAR was a -1.2 and now it's a -.9. He hasn't been in the stat sheet outside of threes but he's been a much better defender and he makes the least amount of mistakes of all of our defenders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The King of Chaos you are.

Man, the unwarranted filth guys were spewing about that kid after a week in the season was plain ridiculous.  They deserve some comeuppance.

There was a guy claiming he and his dad were faking injury at Duke because he was jealous of Barrett/Zion.  C'mon, man.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It was more than health. He genuinely improved. 

His ability to handle contact which is still a work in progress is tenfold better.

He was always getting to spots as will, now he knows how to finish them. 

He is miles better at being shot ready compared to earlier in the season. 

As I said in that one thread. You could see he went 2-10 and be like he sucks, I watched it, I could see it and be like, he's going to be a monster. Getting to spots at will, stroke is looking smooth, not fumbling the ball in traffic on every drive, and more shot ready than last month. Since the production didn't change, they think he sucks. 

Now that he is doing this, they are either quiet or don't understand what they are seeing and how he has improved so much.

His wasn't a Trae-level leap (from early season to late). but it's been dang close.

• Like 1