Sign in to follow this  
JayBirdHawk

Startrek: Picard

My hubby has me watching. Anyone else watching?

I've watched the first 3 episodes - no spoilers please.

Not yet, but I plan to, once the summer re-run season is upon us.

• Thanks 1

Plan to get a subscription and binge it at some point this year. Then turn the subscription back off and wait for episodes to build back up.  🙂 

Definitely all about no spoilers but curious at the highest level if you are enjoying it.

On 3/11/2020 at 4:26 PM, AHF said:

Plan to get a subscription and binge it at some point this year. Then turn the subscription back off and wait for episodes to build back up.  🙂 

Definitely all about no spoilers but curious at the highest level if you are enjoying it.

I am enjoying it.

I feel Discovery (especially season 1) was superior.  The nostalgia moments there were more subtle yet still intricate to the overall plot whereas with Picard they serve as a sideshow.  It's mainly been "hey, remember this character?!" even if that character's appearance doesn't really serve to advance the plot or build on anything already established. 

I feel the nostalgia aspects are also having the effect of downplaying the new characters.  There's little development on their behalf outside of (as of the latest episode) shoehorning them as being connected to the plot in their past.

9 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I feel Discovery (especially season 1) was superior.  The nostalgia moments there were more subtle yet still intricate to the overall plot whereas with Picard they serve as a sideshow.  It's mainly been "hey, remember this character?!" even if that character's appearance doesn't really serve to advance the plot or build on anything already established. 

I feel the nostalgia aspects are also having the effect of downplaying the new characters.  There's little development on their behalf outside of (as of the latest episode) shoehorning them as being connected to the plot in their past.

I enjoyed Discovering as well.  Waiting impatiently for the new season.