Spud2nique

What corona means for Hawks

If they do indeed resume in a month and go straight into the playoffs, I’m assuming the non playoff teams get lottery positioned according to the way the season finished last night? 

If this indeed is the case, I believe the Knicks leapfrogged is with that win last night? Also the Pistons? So we would be the 4th worst team overall and have a 12.5% chance as opposed to a 9% chance had we beaten the Knicks? If that’s correct, that was a huge and great loss last night. If they continue the regular season it’s a moot point.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

We are the #4 team with a 12.5% chance.  For us, as long as the team practices it might be a good thing.  Lots of fundamentals for this team to work on and you don't get that type of focused development time with games every other day.  Nobody wants this situation but from a limited basketball perspective it could turn out to be just fine for the Hawks.  

If it reduces the cap for next year, it should also be a boon to our strength in the FA market.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That’s a quality owner right there

Businessman!  

• Like 4

I keep shaking my head in disbelief - no more Hawks game, no more basketball....no sports. Period - for at least 30 days.

What are you guys gonna do?

Might be a good time to learn to play NBA 2K or Fortnite with the kiddo.

I can binge watch TV shows, any suggestions?

I'm currently watching Star Treck: Picard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I keep shaking my head in disbelief - no more Hawks game, no more basketball....no sports. Period - for at least 30 days.

Since you are into Sci-Fi give The Expanse a shot (Prime). It's a bit of a slow starter but that's because it's based on a series of novels and it sticks very true to the literary source material.  Once you wrap your head around all of the different terms, and the general make-up of the universe it's very entertaining and very original. 

Vikings (Netflix) is a good one too but after season 3 it looses a lot of steam. Show takes a very bold turn after those first three seasons and seasons 4-5 are very uneven and first half of season 6 is downright not good (second half is not yet released) Still, the first three seasons are fantastic, and tell a pretty complete story so it's worth watching just for that.

Whatever you do, don't watch Game of Thrones if you haven't already. Amazing until the last season which is one of the most major choke jobs on messing up a finale in the history of everything. It's the 28-3 of TV.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ressler taking care of hourly staff:

Full radio interview:

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/steve-koonin-with-dukes-bell-3-12-20

Thanks @JayBirdHawk. I had to post this elsewhere so they have a understanding of how good our ownership is these days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Being a old bachelor, I guess I will be able to stay caught up on laundry. This is also going to take away from my pizza and wing night excuses. Laundry, order delivery less, whats next cooking and washing dishes?

Bummer!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Might be a good time to learn to play NBA 2K

YESSSSS!!!! I told my gf I’m ready to help more around the house 🏡 and grout everything in sight! 😆 I got my toolbox 🧰 out!  Having said that, it’s day 1.... 

That aforementioned 2K might take over by day 2 😆.

I’m watching these:

New Girl 

Narcos

Schitts Creek

Better call Saul 

Better things

Goldbergs

Blackish

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am probably going to spend more money on Vudu Movies and replace the Hawks at night with twenty dollar movies. Speaking of money, the NBA charged me my League Pass monthly bill last night around 04:00 AM. I thought that was ironic as hell!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Depends on what you are into.

1. Outsider - HBO show based on Steven King's novel or story is very good.  kind of creepy.

2. Good Girls - Netflix (NBC if you're watching cable) - Really good show, kind of like Weeds, first three seasons. Kind of housewives gone bad type show (not reality houswives).

3. Locke & Key- Netflix - is decent, but something you can watch with your Kid if she's like 13+. Sci-fi

4. Handmaids Tale - Hulu - First  two seasons are good. Haven't watched the last few. - Drama

5. Snowfall - Hulu (FX)- NOT FOR KIDS, but it's really good. Drugs, Violence and Drama

6. Sex Eduacation- Netflix - VERY RAUNCHY comedy and not for kids. - A Young man discovering himself and helping other's discover themselves...

7. On my Block - Netflix - very good show also - Growing up in the hood.

I watch a ton more.  TV is my life sense I'm working so much.  I love anime too (Blushes).

I liked Weeds so I will check out Good Girls; have seen it there but not watched it yet. I will take a look at Sex Education, Lock and Key, and On my block. I liked ATypical a lot and do not think Netflix is bringing it back. I do binge watch shows like The Blacklist but the final season will probably not be on Netflix until this fall.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I liked Weeds so I will check out Good Girls; have seen it there but not watched it yet. I will take a look at Sex Education, Lock and Key, and On my block. I liked ATypical a lot and do not think Netflix is bringing it back. I do binge watch shows like The Blacklist but the final season will probably not be on Netflix until this fall.

Atypical is amazing! i thought it got renewed

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Atypical is amazing! i thought it got renewed

I hope so but I have not seen the next season released yet.