• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What corona means for Hawks

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Pleas don’t say that. I know Mash isn’t really from my generation but as 10 year old in the mid 80’s every time there was a baseball ⚾️ rain delay, they would put Mash on forever! 😢 I associate Mash with rain ☔️ delays 😆 But I’m gonna still peep this 68 Gentleman Jack.

Apologize for rearing that bad memory for you. 68 Whiskey though is really an impact kinda somewhat dark humor and yet serious show and it applies to these days so well. Without being blatantly political do see situations in the show that make more than just subliminal statements am thinking. Its really good overall. Character rivalry and all that fun stuff.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/14/2020 at 12:29 PM, bleachkit said:

Here's a prediction. We get blown out in our first game back from the long layover. Mike Conti, Bob Rathbun, etc., cite the long layover as reason for our poor play, making no mention the other team also had the same long layover. In addition, Capela will still not be available.

Nique: "See the Hawks still out there shaking off the rust!"

Bob: "It's the fourth quarter, Nique."

Nique, giving the scripted answer: "They just gotta come together as a unit and get better looks at the rim."

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Anyone still thinking the regular season will resume?  There is no way.  If this season even gets finished at all it will be straight to playoffs.   And i think that's iffy.   

I hope it does and we get to see what the NBA would be like as a summer sport... which I think it should be.  Let the NFL and NHL have the winter and the NBA and MLB have the summer.  Then we can do like the NHL and start looking into occasional outdoor games.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I hope it does and we get to see what the NBA would be like as a summer sport... which I think it should be.  Let the NFL and NHL have the winter and the NBA and MLB have the summer.  Then we can do like the NHL and start looking into occasional outdoor games.

I've been wondering for years when the NBA would look into outdoor games. Even for events like the All Star game. You could still do it in football/soccer stadiums, imagine the ASG on Sunday night in the Rose Bowl in June. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Anyone still thinking the regular season will resume?  There is no way.  If this season even gets finished at all it will be straight to playoffs.   And i think that's iffy.   

Good thing we dropped that last one. Moved up 2 spots in the lottery for it.

Having said that I think they will continue. We will be back live around the  first week of May. I think it trickles into July and next season will be 70 game regular season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good thing we dropped that last one. Moved up 2 spots in the lottery for it.

Having said that I think they will continue. We will be back live around the  first week of May. I think it trickles into July and next season will be 70 game regular season.

Per Windy (ESPN)....

The NBA is not sure what will happen over the coming weeks, but they would ideally like to play at least 70 regular season games in order to retain 100 percent of the revenue the league receives from their regional sports network partners that air games in local markets.

"What they would love to do is to get to 70 games," said Brian Windhorst. "And the reason is it's 70 is a key number is because that is what the deliverable is to the regional sports networks. They are promised 70 games.

"Now, just because a team like the Lakers, for example, to get to 70 games... they wouldn't necessarily be able to deliver on that because they've had a lot of national games, but getting to 70 would be helpful in retaining revenue because they wouldn't have to refund some to the local TV."

Windhorst suggests the NBA could play an abbreviated regular season when an all-clear to resume games is given that will help fulfill that requirement and also serve as a way for teams to ramp back up before the playoffs begin.

"That's the concept they're working through right now," added Windhorst. 

Teams have all played approximately 65 games.

Hawks have played 67 games.

• Like 3