• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoops rumors

Vol4ever

I read it from Chris report. 

The only details I got behind the scenes is LP is good for another year but he must win and the team must improve.

TS is also expected to be much better next year. He wants to sign at least two good vets and wants a very good vet this offseason.

From what I got, the Hawks are open to trading back or out of the top pick this year but man, so is just about everyone else this year. With no NBA combine, a lack of workouts due to Corona. This is expected to be the the hardest draft to read in ages. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I read it from Chris report. 

The only details I got behind the scenes is LP is good for another year but he must win and the team must improve.

TS is also expected to be much better next year. He wants to sign at least two good vets and wants a very good vet this offseason.

From what I got, the Hawks are open to trading back or out of the top pick this year but man, so is just about everyone else this year. With no NBA combine, a lack of workouts due to Corona. This is expected to be the the hardest draft to read in ages. 

Does that mean Two good vets this offseason INCLUDING  a very good vet this offseason?

i hope that’s what you meant (all in same off season)! ....we already know the “very good” vet target is Trez (obviously and I’m ok with that) but I do wonder who the two “good”  vets are that are on TS radar!

If this happens it’s what I purposed last off season about what we should do going into this offseason rather than fighting for the same players the whole league will be fighting for in the 2021 free agency 

Is he gonna get "good" vets like the good(sic) vets he got this past offseason?

The ones that nearly derailed everyone's development?

Is he gonna grade clp off that kind of nonsense again?  Or is he just gonna sacrifice a coach to prolong his own tenure?

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Does that mean Two good vets this offseason INCLUDING  a very good vet this offseason?

i hope that’s what you meant (all in same off season)! ....we already know the “very good” vet target is Trez (obviously and I’m ok with that) but I do wonder who the two “good”  vets are that are on TS radar!

If this happens it’s what I purposed last off season about what we should do going into this offseason rather than fighting for the same players the whole league will be fighting for in the 2021 free agency 

He wants one very good vet but he is signing at least two vets. They want to add more vets to the core.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Figuring if everyone is bummed about the draft then what are the odds we get what we want or close to it in a trade for our possible top five pick.

That’s the thing. Right now, there aren’t as many disgruntled stars ⭐️ or high level starters that we could grab with trading a top 5 pick. That’s why I believe you keep and make the pick (BPA) and that is a bigger asset and chip in hand 🖐 than getting $.60 on the dollar and picking up a guy that won’t move the needle.

Best available player in top 5 regardless of position.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hope not.  I can't decide if this draft sucks or blows.  Maybe both?

Ant 🐜 man is different. This is a playground style kid like Morant and the NBA is going to be an easy transition for him I think. I’m sorry if I have a chance to draft him I’m not trading it for anyone who would likely be available this summer.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JTB said:

we already know the “very good” vet target is Trez

Please educate me if I'm just out of the loop, but I'm aware of nothing that even barely has established that Schlenk has targeted Harrell, or anyone else for that matter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Figuring if everyone is bummed about the draft then what are the odds we get what we want or close to it in a trade for our possible top five pick.

Not generally a good idea to trade both the draft pick and cap space for talent.

If you're going to trade the pick, trade it for a future pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He wants one very good vet but he is signing at least two vets. They want to add more vets to the core.

That's as we all would anticipate, seemingly anyway.

30 minutes ago, sturt said:

Please educate me if I'm just out of the loop, but I'm aware of nothing that even barely has established that Schlenk has targeted Harrell, or anyone else for that matter.

In 27.8 minutes, Trez is putting up 18.6 ppg and 7.1 rpg. He is doing this for a talented Clippers team. Last year he had very similar numbers for a less talented Clippers team. He played 82 games last year and was headed there again this year. It’s his 5th year in the NBA and he’s improved across the board in almost every category each year. 

He works in the gym. He works on the floor. He has the mentality. He has the body. He has the will and the desire.

His weaknesses are the 3 point shot, he’s 0-18 this year, but he’s got a nice touch I think he can improve here. He also needs to shoot better from the line. 65% isn’t gonna cut it for a guy that can get to the charity stripe a ton.

I like Trez and want him badly. Been saying since last year he’s the bodyguard for Trae. The Trae n Trez show. 

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

In 27.8 minutes, Trez is putting up 18.6 ppg and 7.1 rpg. He is doing this for a talented Clippers team. Last year he had very similar numbers for a less talented Clippers team. He played 82 games last year and was headed there again this year. It’s his 5th year in the NBA and he’s improved across the board in almost every category each year. 

He works in the gym. He works on the floor. He has the mentality. He has the body. He has the will and the desire.

His weaknesses are the 3 point shot, he’s 0-18 this year, but he’s got a nice touch I think he can improve here. He also needs to shoot better from the line. 65% isn’t gonna cut it for a guy that can get to the charity stripe a ton.

I like Trez and want him badly. Been saying since last year he’s the bodyguard for Trae. The Trae n Trez show. 

I get that you want him badly.

But none of that is actually responsive to what I asked... you get that, right?

1 hour ago, sturt said:

That, in answer to the suggestion that, indeed, it is established who Schlenk will be targeting.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Ok...

well let me clarify ....(smart ass 😒)

It is rumored by my sources that Schlenk will target Harrell. Nothing official....happy?!

lol😂 Just kidding!...Supes (my sources 😆)  has actually mentioned him on more than one occasion so i believe his guy has heard things about Schlenk liking Trez and I just happen to really trust supes sources cause well he has told us stuff that was going to go down and it did so he’s got my full trust but to add to that a few months ago  I actually read an Trez article from “ClutchPoints” (I believe it was Clutch Points) where they asked multiple nba executives about where they think he’d end up and it’s widely expected to possibly be in Atlanta . But again it’s just a rumor, perhaps one that has real legs though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-multiple-execs-believe-atlanta-could-be-a-summer-destination-for-clippers-montrezl-harrell/amp/

Moving on with supes saying Schlenk want to get two vets one being very good I’m assuming the very good one is probably Trez

Edited by JTB

I don't think Trez is a good fit for the Hawks, at a lower price I think Woods is better at defense, rebounding and floor spacing, better fit for Capela and Collins. And he can be had cheaper than Trez. Trez offensively works on the same space as Capela, I don't see both playing at the same time 

Edited by gurpilo