• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Giannis will be a Hawk

Spud2nique

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For Giannis rental, its simple: 

Off the table:

Cam, Trae, Hunter and Capela

We need the two way wings and Capela and Trae is our franchise player. 

On the table:

John, Kevin, and our 2020 1st. 

If you can top that and MIL is willing to do it, congrats! But I don't see how anyone can top that and have a good squad after trading for Giannis.

Trae

Cam

Hunter 

Giannis

Capela

We would need to fill out the bench.

I'd be surprised if this is all it would take to get Giannis, but if it were, let me throw in a scenario along these lines. 

Say we luck into the #1 pick this year.

Who here would be willing to trade JC, Kevin, and Ant Edwards for one year of Giannis with NO guarantee of him resigning?

Guaranteed years of young talent under team control -OR- a one year shot at greatness with Giannis and no certainty after that year? What would you do?

I'd have to pause thinking about that one. If Giannis agrees to sign, of course it would be a no-brainer. But without that promise, we'd be worse off than we are today, losing years of impact. 

If we drew #2 or lower, I'd probably go with Giannis with no guarantee. But if we got #1, I'd probably keep what we have and try to make a big push for him in FAcy.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

And IM not so sure about AD's greatness when it matters..He usually shrinks in the 4th qtr..(avg 4.5 points)..Those aren't exactly Trae Young numbers...lol

If you look at his career, he is a little under 7 points on average in the fourth quarter.  In his previous playoff runs, he averaged over 8 points in the 4th quarter.  His injury risk is the only real worry I have for him.

If you look at how the Lakers do things with AD and LeBron, AD takes the larger share in the 1st and 3rd quarters and LeBron takes the larger share in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

And IM not so sure about AD's greatness when it matters..He usually shrinks in the 4th qtr..(avg 4.5 points)..Those aren't exactly Trae Young numbers...lol

That 4.5 points is surprising.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Interesting perspective:

Giannis Antetokounmpo is one of the NBA's most inscrutable superstars as a probable two-time MVP, but that could be by design on his part.

"Sort of Giannis being this private superstar: someone close to him told me... I'm like 'Yeah, Giannis, it's his nature to be private. He's a little more Duncan-y in his approach to superstardom," said Kevin Arnovitz on The Lowe Post podcast.

"And they're like 'Yeah, that's not really it.'

"And I said 'What is it?'

"They're like 'He finds it unseemly to preen as the face of the league before you win a championship. Like it would be unconscionable for him to do that because it just is so not in his nature the idea that anybody would preen before they won a title.'

"That's the one thing the Bucks have going for them. He's insanely hard on himself. And it might not be in his nature to blame an organization for falling short of potential. But who the hell knows, Zach?"

Antetokounmpo can sign a supermax extension with the Milwaukee Bucks this offseason and will be a free agent in 2021 if he doesn't.

"I don't know," replied Zach Lowe. "The vibe everybody gets from Giannis, and this is all second, third-hand whatever... is that he probably would like to stay. I think he likes Milwaukee. He met his partner in Milwaukee. He has a son now in Milwaukee. I think he likes being the best player on a team and having it be his team. It's clearly his team. But I think the case for the Bucks all along, and I think they would be honest about this if you asked them about it, the case for them all along has been winning. Winning championships. The ability to win championships. That's the case for almost every star player."

KEVIN ARNOVITZ, ZACH LOWE/ESPN

• Moderators
On 9/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, Dean Walker said:

I do to but we have to admit their culture is legit.

The Guiding Light: Pat Riley's Ten Best All Time Teams | Bleacher Report |  Latest News, Videos and Highlights

On 9/6/2020 at 8:51 AM, Dean Walker said:

Questionable fits to be honest.

he’d fit much better in Golden State.

I think his reputation would be trashed if he went there ala Durant's diminished reputation coming out of GS.  If Giannis wants to go somewhere, he needs to pick a place without a recent championship, imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Guiding Light: Pat Riley's Ten Best All Time Teams | Bleacher Report |  Latest News, Videos and Highlights

I think his reputation would be trashed if he went there ala Durant's diminished reputation coming out of GS.  If Giannis wants to go somewhere, he needs to pick a place without a recent championship, imo.

Yeah I see what you mean, he has to blaze his own trail I get it.

I see him fitting in Toronto much better than Miami though.

don't think him and Bam can coexist.