• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Newton not a Panther anymore

Thomas

Rehabbing from a foot injury still so will be interesting to see where he lands. Am not doubting it will be somewhere in the big league but with the foot thing how soon and what terms. Looks like he is on the wrong side of a negotiating table.

"Right now, he's worth nothing until such time as people can work him out and give him a physical -- their own doctors give him a physical and then work him out,'' Pro Football Hall of Fame executive Bill Polian told ESPN. "It's unfortunate. He's got to prove he's healthy for a number of reasons, and right now he can't do that, for a number of reasons.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28946515/sources-panthers-expected-release-cam-newton

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Scam Newton. His whole career until it’s payday which it will be this year. He’s extra motivated but gets hurt a ton. 

Gonna be a backup at least for his first several games even if he goes to somewhere like Miami. Says a lot I think. Could end up a locker room stink anywhere but hell I don't know maybe he figures it out and becomes part of a solid one two punch at QB. Or....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Gonna be a backup at least for his first several games even if he goes to somewhere like Miami. Says a lot I think. Could end up a locker room stink anywhere but hell I don't know maybe he figures it out and becomes part of a solid one two punch at QB. Or....

What do you think of Jameis in comparison to Cam?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What do you think of Jameis in comparison to Cam?

Gonna catch flak for this probably but Jameis has so much of that Josh Smith stuff written all over him to me. The skill and talent but also the boneheadedness that will lose the big game very late. Wish both Cam and Jameis well but hope they go where I don't have to watch them too often you know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Gonna catch flak for this probably but Jameis has so much of that Josh Smith stuff written all over him to me. The skill and talent but also the boneheadedness that will lose the big game very late. Wish both Cam and James well but hope they go where I don't have to watch them too often you know.

I’m not a fan of either. Right on with the Smoove comparison to Winston. When you look at the stats they are more than there, but like Stafford, the dude keeps coming up short in clutch moments. I envy teams like the Ravens and Chiefs. Now Jackson and Mahomes, I wanna watch every game they play. I’m with you sir.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not a fan of either. Right on with the Smoove comparison to Winston. When you look at the stats they are more than there, but like Stafford, the dude keeps coming up short in clutch moments. I envy teams like the Ravens and Chiefs. Now Jackson and Mahomes, I wanna watch every game they play. I’m with you sir.

People seem to either love Cam or hate him. Think most hate him with the antics history and really I would say have just been damn tired of him more than anything (that of course is not including his mysterious deeds to end up at Auburn-was real irritated with that stuff). Maybe he travels West and backs up Russell Wilson. Would certainly reduce our viewing time of him. Would think/hope his spats at the pressers are probably over now. Will still say good luck to both those guys just try embracing your roles moving forward. Oh and Jameis, keep paying for those crab legs man. Its called the law.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I envy teams like the Ravens and Chiefs. Now Jackson and Mahomes, I wanna watch every game they play.

Gotta say have never been a fan of the Ravens until this past season but them, the Chiefs and to a lesser extent the Texans all are a blast to watch. Removing the Falcons from the discussion this was the most fun season overall for me to watch in a while with these college style offenses that actually work because of the personnel even though I have continually had my doubts about success in the big game. That stuff took the SB. Doubts erased. 

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

keep paying for those crab legs man.

😂 didn’t he not pay for something in college or got help from a booster. I recall something weird pre draft process with him. Good luck to both. If I’m Cam, that Seattle backup role is great for me if I wanna coast and possibly win a championship or have a shot. If I feel I have something left in the tank and I wanna go for it, don’t go to Seattle Russell Wilson works overtime. 😊 

Id say the Chargers 🔌 but San Diego (ya I’m sorry they aren’t LA to me ever) wants to draft a young QB either Tua or Herbert at 6 or 3 in a trade with the Lions pans already have Tyrod Taylor. Say what you want about Taylor not being a starting caliber QB, but the dude shows up and I’d call him more of a winner than not. So Cam isn’t a great fit there. What about Miami? I know they are after Tua as well or rumors suggest it. Cam to Miami. I could see things fizzling there before game 1 😆 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 didn’t he not pay for something in college or got help from a booster. I recall something weird pre draft process with him. Good luck to both. If I’m Cam, that Seattle backup role is great for me if I wanna coast and possibly win a championship or have a shot. If I feel I have something left in the tank and I wanna go for it, don’t go to Seattle Russell Wilson works overtime. 😊 

Id say the Chargers 🔌 but San Diego (ya I’m sorry they aren’t LA to me ever) wants to draft a young QB either Tua or Herbert at 6 or 3 in a trade with the Lions pans already have Tyrod Taylor. Say what you want about Taylor not being a starting caliber QB, but the dude shows up and I’d call him more of a winner than not. So Cam isn’t a great fit there. What about Miami? I know they are after Tua as well or rumors suggest it. Cam to Miami. I could see things fizzling there before game 1 😆 

Jameis walked out a couple of times without paying for food because of who he was but the crab legs took the news to new heights. He also pushed a girl to the ground for taking a cellphone photo of him and then the deal with did he rape a girl that didn't come out until after he was a millionaire. Would say that one is very questionable but he was in the news for the wrong kinda thing often and of course Jimbo turned a blind eye every time.

As for the Chargers, I kinda forgot they exist. They had that good year when they ended up getting out reffed by the Patriots. You might remember the multiple helmet to helmet no calls and late hits that Rivers received. Their situation in the draft though is definitely interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Jameis walked out a couple of times without paying for food because of who he was but the crab legs took the news to new heights. He also pushed a girl to the ground for taking a cellphone photo of him and then the deal with did he rape a girl that didn't come out until after he was a millionaire. Would say that one is very questionable but he was in the news for the wrong kinda thing often and of course Jimbo turned a blind eye every time.

As for the Chargers, I kinda forgot they exist. They had that good year when they ended up getting out reffed by the Patriots. You might remember the multiple helmet to helmet no calls and late hits that Rivers received. Their situation in the draft is definitely interesting.

Jameis and all his troubles kind of reminded me of the Iverson documentary I watched on Netflix a couple days ago. You should check it out Thomas. Iverson got into a bowling 🎳 alley dispute that almost cost him his career. It’s a really crazy story but I guess he was serving a 5 year sentence and some weird prison/slave camp type of place until the governor of the state pardoned him. 

I remember that Chargers game well. About a dozen years ago. The closest they had gotten since the 95 super bowl 🍲 against the Niners with Junior RIP. Yes very interesting for them, I like their coach Lynn a lot. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, Spud2nique said:

the Iverson documentary I watched on Netflix a couple days ago. You should check it out Thomas

That just made me think about Virginia having so many astute universities and that it amazes me how much news there is on their racist and alarming assault weapon toting issues. Two very different worlds in one State that don't fit. Guess it is everywhere to varying degrees but they have been at the news forefront of the white nationalist and similar ugly stuff the past couple of years it seems. Nonsensical and pretty scary.

• Sad 1