• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wikileaks informant sturt reveals Schlenk's Projected Oct 2020 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

sturt

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Just curious, does Teague have a house here? When he was traded to Indy remember him stating he was living with his Mom. Not typical NBA style there. Wonder what kind of interest he has in staying a Hawk if he does have property here, say a little over vet minimum maybe a possibility anyway.

Teague, who still owns a house in the area, remembers Atlanta fondly, so he’s happy to be back. He played for the Hawks from the time he was drafted until he was traded to the Pacers in July 2016, and refers to Atlanta as where he “grew up.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I like the plan. Really like Haliburton as draft pick, fits well our roster. I also think Ferrell, Nwaba and Caboclo are creative picks with some upside that can produce on our system.

More question marks on Ingram and Milsap.

I am ok going after Ingram but if we do not get him and let's be honest I think we are not getting him, what is plan B?  

Wood would be perfectAnd 12m$ for Milsap? He is already 35, his production has drop significantly, I think we should use that money on someone like Christian Wood or Bertans, players with more upside and real legs, Milsap is going to be challenged everytime on the court next season. We are talking about 4th salary on the team, let's get someone that can really produce and have some upside, Hawks need to get Wood.

Wood over Sap easily..

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wood who ? ...Christian Wood?...you think Christian wood is going to be looking for 20-25 mil per season!....I seriously doubt that even crosses his mind.

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's more like 99% that NOP matches based on the MANY reports/articles/speculations/suppositions throughout the season. I'm too lazy to post every link, so I wont.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again Nwaba is coming off an achilles injury which means it will likely take him a year to round back into form.

Granted.

Then again, it's not as-if there isn't some reason for optimism, right Howie?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/howie-kendrick-overcame-career-threatening-injury-now-hes-playoff-hero

Injured May 2018.

Reported to training camp February 2019, 9 months later.

And the rest is, as they say, history. Postseason 2019 glory history.

Nwaba is 10 years younger than Howie, but then again, he also plays a game that requires more running and jumping than Howie's.

Given all of this (images and videos omitted, but see link)...

During their game against the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, the Brooklyn Nets suffered their biggest loss of the season: David Nwaba...

He was enjoying his fourth professional season, finally finding a stride as a bona fide 3-and-D player in the NBA. Look at this compilation of his best blocks and steals of the season, using his 7-foot wingspan to his advantage:

This injury is also devastating for the Nets, who had welcome Nwaba in their rotation. Brooklyn was outscoring their opponents by 8.3 points per 100 possessions when he was on the court. That is the best net rating of anyone who played at least ten minutes for the team this season.

One of the more surprising takeaways when looking at his stats: The guard played 49 minutes alongside teammates Spencer Dinwiddie, Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen in 2019. The Nets outscored their opponents by a comically impressive rate of 47.1 points per 100, which was the best net rating among all four-man lineups (minimum: 40 minutes) in the league.

Even though he is not known for his scoring, he was averaging 22.6 points per 36 minutes in that time. It was a lineup that clearly worked for both him and his team alike.

Overall, Nwaba was averaging 1.12 points per possession for the Nets so far this season. That ranked in the 91st percentile among all players, per Synergy Sports. He was shooting a career-best 46.2 percent from beyond the arc this season and had connected on half of his attempts from the corner.

The majority of his other field goal attempts came from the restricted area, where he was shooting an impressive 65.6 percent. As you can see from his shot chart, Nwaba bragged the basketball intelligence to avoid the midrange and instead focus on the more efficient opportunities.

It did not matter if he was shooting while closely contended, either. He was shooting 7-for-11 (63.6 percent) when his nearest defender was within two feet of him, which is no easy task for anyone at any level. He was averaging 1.31 points per possession on guarded catch-and-shoot attempts, via Synergy, which ranked in the 92nd percentile.

But arguably his most valuable addition to his team had been his defensive presence.

According to Cleaning the Glass, his block percentage (2.1 percent) ranked as the best among all players at his position. Opponents had an effective field goal percentage of just 42.6 percent when he was on the floor, which is much lower than the league average (52.2 percent) this year.

Nwaba is the type of scrappy player who found himself near the top of the team leaderboard for loose balls recovered, deflections, and charges drawn. These are the hustle plays that create a winning mentality for any basketball team.

While it will be tough to replace the things he provides the team on the court as he recovers from his injury, the Nets will be lucky to have him around the locker room as he continues his story of perseverance. (... and of course, they ended up cutting him in early January in order to replace him on the roster.)

https://netswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/19/david-nwaba-torn-achilles-injury-stats-recovery/

.... I'm satisfied he's worth Schlenk's pursuit for 2020-21.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Wood who ? ...Christian Wood?...you think Christian wood is going to be looking for 20-25 mil per season!....I seriously doubt that even crosses his mind.

He's on my radar. But yes, he's been that productive this year. Will he get that? Maybe not in this buyers market of a free agency year. He'd have to take about half that, though, for him to fit into the salary structure.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Thanks!

Like I said...

2020-04-02_0015.png

hace 6 horas, sturt dijo:

He's on my radar. But yes, he's been that productive this year. Will he get that? Maybe not in this buyers market of a free agency year. He'd have to take about half that, though, for him to fit into the salary structure.

Like I said...

2020-04-02_0015.png

I don't think he will get 20 million with Harrell and other bigs on the market. I think he will be on the 12-15 million $ range. If that is the case we should definately offer him a good contract. Wood is a good defender, long, can block shots and shoot from the outside, can play both PF and C position and is a good firlt for either Collins and Capela. I have been praying to sign him already for 2 seasons, he is going to be an impact player.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don't think he will get 20 million with Harrell and other bigs on the market. I think he will be on the 12-15 million $ range. If that is the case we should definately offer him a good contract. Wood is a good defender, long, can block shots and shoot from the outside, can play both PF and C position and is a good firlt for either Collins and Capela. I have been praying to sign him already for 2 seasons, he is going to be an impact player.

I agree ....Wood range is 12-15 mil with probably a slight chance at 17 mil for an extremely desperate team looking to make some kind of splash move (Baze contract like)

anyways I agree with you that wood should be a priority for us. He fits everything we do offensively and since I think bertans may be too hard to get to Atlanta wood is my next choice and likely the better of the two defensively anyways.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

I don't think he will get 20 million with Harrell and other bigs on the market.

Like I said, perhaps the price gets driven down by virtue of the fact that there just aren't as many competitors, but I believe he and Harrell will go for something in the same neighborhood, and those two likely are the pace setters among front court players--particularly so, if more recent speculation is correct that Drummond will not opt out, preferring to wait until the seller's market in 2021.

Should not surprise that the same stats and general assets about the player that make you sit up and take notice about Wood will generate similar enthusiasm among those who are looking for a productive 4.

One team that has already been widely associated with Wood is NYK, fwiw.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wood at $20-$25 mil...no way.

I'm listening. What do you think he'll go for, then? And if I may probe a little further, what do you think Harrell will go for?

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm listening. What do you think he'll go for, then? And if I may probe a little further, what do you think Harrell will go for?

Harrell - $17-$20

Wood $12-$16

Harrell has shown consistency. Wood has been getting traded from team to team.

And I still that's too much.

1 hour ago, sturt dijo:

Like I said, perhaps the price gets driven down by virtue of the fact that there just aren't as many competitors, but I believe he and Harrell will go for something in the same neighborhood, and those two likely are the pace setters among front court players--particularly so, if more recent speculation is correct that Drummond will not opt out, preferring to wait until the seller's market in 2021.

Should not surprise that the same stats and general assets about the player that make you sit up and take notice about Wood will generate similar enthusiasm among those who are looking for a productive 4.

Knicks are not going to give him 20 million with Randle, Portis, Gibson under contract and risk their chances on 2021.

Pistons might take the chance but which is the biggest contract we can offer?

I think you give him 3 years 48m$ and is yours and as I said he is a much better fit than Harrell, Milsap or whatever big is in the market.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sturt said:

There is no way! NO WAY! You think Trez and Wood are in the same sentence as far as market value! 

Goodness...smh 

what is going on with the squawk??? It’s like we lost a sense of market value when it comes to these players. It doesn’t matter if you have some advanced personal stats that tell you wood and Trez are equally impactful ...their markets are not in the same ballpark when it comes to the buyer no matter the off season.

But let’s mark this down so when they are signed to their new contracts this offseason  we can come back to this so I can read the lame ass excuse why Wood didn’t get 20-25 mil that a highly possible sixth man winner like Trez is going to get.

newsflash it’s not all about production believe that or not...a players name carries a lot of weight on what they’ll get paid as well. Wood does not have a National media name like Trez does .

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Harrell - $17-$20

Wood $12-$16

Hmmm.

2020-04-02_0817.png

Who's worth ~$5 million more... the 26 year-old or the 24 year-old?

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Harrell has shown consistency. Wood has been getting traded from team to team.

I really don't know what that has to do with anything. One was drafted in the 2nd, the other wasn't drafted, and given those circumstances, their career paths have been what they've been.

More relevantly, looking at their two histories...

Harrell had his first +1.0 VORP season at age 24.

Wood, same.

• Premium Member

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

There is no way! NO WAY! You think Trez and Wood are in the same sentence as far as market value! 

Goodness...smh 

tenor.gif

... we can have a civilized, reasoned discussion about this... surely. 🙂

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JTB said:

it’s not all about production believe that or not

But it mostly is.

I'm not paying more for someone only  because ESPN says his name more often as a consequence of him playing in LA and being on a playoff team.

That last part is the only part that would actually matter.

But it is entirely reasonable to believe Harrell has hit his ceiling. He is Paul Millsap without a 3 pointer. Good asset. But that's all he'll be.

Entirely reasonable, otoh, to believe Wood is still ascending and will become something more significant.

Big if.  If, due to this virus, NBA can't play next season, how will the teams pay their players?

Baseball season has been delayed for how long?  Will they play at all this summer?

All spring games for High School and College have been canceled, I believe.

NFL and this virus are in odds about the start of the season.  NBA season is over.  

We all want for everything to be back to normal.  It's not going to happen any time soon.  

Because major sports will be unable to take in huge $$$$ money, huge payrolls may be at an end.

:brokenheart:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Big if.  If, due to this virus, NBA can't play next season, how will the teams pay their players?

Baseball season has been delayed for how long?  Will they play at all this summer?

All spring games for High School and College have been canceled, I believe.

NFL and this virus are in odds about the start of the season.  NBA season is over.  

We all want for everything to be back to normal.  It's not going to happen any time soon.  

Because major sports will be unable to take in huge $$$$ money, huge payrolls may be at an end.

:brokenheart:

Gray, agreed. There is a lot of assumption that, whatever happens, it will be a scaled down version of what we have been used to, both in terms of how the cap and tax numbers are applied and what salaries players actually receive. It might be more complicated than just saying, "Okay, just reduce everything down by 30%," but for now something like that seems to be the starting point, at least.

EDIT: To your question of whether there will be anyone playing any sport at all for the foreseeable future, there is at least some new light seeming to be flickering at the end of the tunnel.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/rapid-coronavirus-diagnostic-test-provide-results-minutes/story?id=69875037

If this all proves to be as legit as it's being made out to be, and assuming the cost of the performing the tests is not in the stratosphere, and assuming the tests can be produced and distributed in a sufficient way... then you simply have players tested before every game. Fans probably still can't come to the games, but they can pay for them to be televised/streamed, so that there is, at least, some revenue to be had.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hmmm.

2020-04-02_0817.png

Who's worth ~$5 million more... the 26 year-old or the 24 year-old?

I really don't know what that has to do with anything. One was drafted in the 2nd, the other wasn't drafted, and given those circumstances, their career paths have been what they've been.

More relevantly, looking at their two histories...

Harrell had his first +1.0 VORP season at age 24.

Wood, same.

That's not how it works when it comes to market value looking at players production at a point in time at a specific age.

The totally of work matters.