• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wikileaks informant sturt reveals Schlenk's Projected Oct 2020 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

sturt

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Start, play 30 mpg

Start

Harrell: 2

Wood: 12

Play 30+ mpg

Harrell: 19

Wood: 13

Have to give you credit. Doesn't appear you cherry-picked criteria in order to support the definition. Your integrity meter checks out fine. 🙂

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

No like for you...but a nice laughing emoji. 

Not you. No one gives a flip about "likes" from you. Get over yourself. Like anyone else here, the likes I covet are from the big Jay. 😄 

• Haha 3

hace 22 minutos, sturt dijo:

Start

Harrell: 2

Wood: 12

Play 30+ mpg

Harrell: 19

Wood: 13

Have to give you credit. Doesn't appear you cherry-picked criteria in order to support the definition. Your integrity meter checks out fine. 🙂

Harrell has played a significant role on the Clippers all season, playing 28 mpg on a deep team all season, one of the better teams.

Wood played 15 mpg till February when Pistons traded Drummond and he started and played 33 mpg on 11 starts. 11 starts is a small sample and the production he got was much greater than on November to January. Christian Wood on November to January was a good reserve probably worth 5-8m $, now after 11 starts we are talking about much more, even more than double.... but as I said 11 starts is a small sample and it has to be noticed that Pistons lost nearly all those games, they were 1-10 on that run.

That is why I think Harell will get more money but remember I was the ine suggesting signing Wood as I think he will be the better player longer term, is just that I think he can be signed much cheaper.

Those are the facts, cold data. Now you can argue about what you saw on those 15-16 mpg till February, hey I saw the same, but that is only an opinion.... even Rotoworld was praying to unleash Wood and trade Drummond but his performances were not great till he started on February. That is the fact.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member

7Jsw1lq.gif

What just happened?

You said what your criteria were.

But you want a mulligan on that?

The criteria weren't good enough after all?

Just a moment, let me call my contractor to see what he'll charge to move those goal posts for ya...

( 😄 )

I've said all I have to say on the topic.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

Biggest threat is NYK, including for Ingram, since they have so many players they likely won't be keeping. According to EarlyBirdRights.com, they can get into the mid $40m range. That actually is a new realization for me--I think I must have seen a number before that assumed all contracted players will be playing for them, but they have some non-guaranteeds.

Addendum. Add MIA (~$37m) to the potential bidders for Ingram, and probably less concerning, DET (~$31m).

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Addendum. Add MIA (~$37m) to the potential bidders for Ingram, and probably less concerning, DET (~$31m).

MIami will probably save for 2021....Big Time FA's will actually go there...

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, terrell said:

MIami will probably save for 2021....Big Time FA's will actually go there...

This is propaganda. 

The Heatles don't count and Jimi Butler isn't big time.

Free agents always meet with MIA (which is a win of sorts) but rarely sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is propaganda. 

The Heatles don't count and Jimi Butler isn't big time.

Free agents always meet with MIA (which is a win of sorts) but rarely sign.

But what about that legendary Derrick Williams signing back in 2016???

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Hate to say it, but it would not be the most absurd thing to find that what we're currently experiencing, among many new paradigms that we might see on the other side of this, could be a nuanced factor in where players decide to call their basketball home.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Hate to say it, but it would not be the most absurd thing to find that what we're currently experiencing, among many new paradigms that we might see on the other side of this, could be a nuanced factor in where players decide to call their basketball home.

The Knicks have already been dealing with that one before all this. But your point about this crisis and effects from it could really be reason for concern for teams with that.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, sturt said:

If it is the case, you would think Atlanta might benefit given that many choose to live here in the offseason anyway.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 3:55 PM, sturt said:

Just as I suspected...

2020-03-31_1451.png

Admittedly, I haven't watched much of the Pelicans this season. Had tickets to the Pelicans vs. Hawks game before the season was unfortunately cancelled. But what kind of fit do we think he'd be with what we have? Is he a primary SF? 3 PT % looks good this year at 39% and he's a couple months younger than Hunter, surprisingly. 

He looks to be very good at scoring and getting to the basket - good at slashing. Trae/Ingram/JC would definitely scare opposing defenses. 

But with Trae's limitations on the perimeter on defense, how is Ingram's defensive game?

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t worry I keep falling in too 🤦‍♀️ 

Nope. The accuser is the guilty one.

Some of us were talking about Harrell vs. Wood. Within that, a debate arose about how much recent history should count in assessing a free agent's value. I offered Ingram as evidence that a player really can significantly increase his perceived value in one season. The accuser, a rabid anti-Ingram-ist ( 🙂 ), took the opportunity to re-ignite that other conversation... and then, having no real ammunition to spend on counterpoint, she said something about a rabbit hole and then went *poof*.

But that's pretty much what people do when they've run out of counterpoints and have nothing else to offer, as a rule. The only other option is to just concede one or more points, and that's anathema for many, unfortunately. So, they try the route of impugning the other person somehow, and go out in a blaze of self-imagined glory as they abandon the discussion. Right?

He looks to be very good at scoring and getting to the basket - good at slashing. Trae/Ingram/JC would definitely scare opposing defenses. But with Trae's limitations on the perimeter on defense, how is Ingram's defensive game?

Rut Row....here we go....

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

But with Trae's limitations on the perimeter on defense, how is Ingram's defensive game?

I continue to push the theory that Ingram doesn't show up as good a defender mostly because he's been expected in NOP to defend 4s primarily, and previously in LAL, they'd had him defending 2s primarily... and that when he is finally able to guard 3s primarily, he will emerge as above-average in that category.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I continue to push the theory that Ingram doesn't show up as good a defender mostly because he's been expected in NOP to defend 4s primarily, and previously in LAL, they'd had him defending 2s primarily... and that when he is finally able to guard 3s primarily, he will emerge as above-average in that category.

Seems like he has the physical tools to support this. He's very long. Just needs to put on some extra muscle. 

• Like 1