• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wikileaks informant sturt reveals Schlenk's Projected Oct 2020 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

sturt

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Seems like he has the physical tools to support this. He's very long. Just needs to put on some extra muscle. 

He makes some plays defensively with some regularity already, as indeed his physical tools would suggest. His shoulders are too narrow and his girth is too thin to be very effective at the 4 at age 22. The natural progression, though, is that his torso will get thicker, and by 27 or 28, he may be able to guard 4s as well as he does 3s.

Here's what Draft Express' scouting report said about him pre-draft, fwiw:

Defensively is where Ingram surprised many this year with his underrated combination of toughness and competitiveness. While his fundamentals need work, his size, length and reach gives him great versatility when paired with his willingness to get stops. He showed the ability to switch out onto guards effectively at times out of pick and rolls from the power forward position, sagging off and staying in front, while still getting a hand up to contest thanks to his 7'3 wingspan. With that said, Ingram still has a ways to go to become a more consistent defender, something that clearly didn't become a priority for him until arriving in college. He can get a little sleepy at times and lose his focus, closing out lackadaisically, standing around off the ball and looking hunched over in his stance guarding the perimeter. Duke had one of the smallest rotations in high major college basketball and couldn't afford for Ingram to get in foul trouble, which didn't always lead to him operating with the highest intensity at all times. Once again, getting stronger will help, as he tends to get caught up on screens quite a bit on the perimeter and can get pushed around inside the paint.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Now that I've come to understand that NYK and MIA could be legitimate players in this free agency market, I have to confess my 30% chance is reduced to something closer to 10%.

I perceive Ingram to be the kind of guy who, if NYK were to approach him and say "We want you to be our lead dog team icon for the next 4 years minimum," that would be appealing. I'm less concerned about MIA, but not completely disregarding them.

So, revised numbers:

NOP = 60% chance

NYK = 25% chance

ATL = 10% chance

MIA = 5% chance

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is propaganda. 

The Heatles don't count and Jimi Butler isn't big time.

Free agents always meet with MIA (which is a win of sorts) but rarely sign.

I wasnt talking about Butler. lol. Shaq..Lebron to name a few..

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Shaq was traded to Miami. Not saying I give so much thought either way except that they are in our division. 

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

I guess you can claim Shaq but even that's questionable.

Lebron absolutely does not count.  He tried to get them to Cleveland.  When that failed, he settled on going to Miami.  Riley didn't 'win' him there.  They decided to play together on their own.

They just happened to choose Miami because Cleveland was untenable for Wade and Bosh.

The myth is all free agents love Miami.  It's just not true.

• Like 2

Just now, Thomas said:

OK.

LIke you said I dont care one way or the other either, I just see no point in waiting for GIannis in 2021, only to be left at the alter. THats all. The few NBA players Ive ever talked to would rather visit Atlanta than live here(for reasons im not going to mention)I see enough talent in 2020 to make us a good team..I say go BIG while we can...I think we should at least try for Ingram/Trez/Van Fleet/Bogdonavich/Fournier/Wood/Milsap/Hayward etc..Hawks just need some competent vets on the team, and we'll be alright..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I guess you can claim Shaq but even that's questionable.

Lebron absolutely does not count.  He tried to get them to Cleveland.  When that failed, he settled on going to Miami.  Riley didn't 'win' him there.  They decided to play together on their own.

They just happened to choose Miami because Cleveland was untenable for Wade and Bosh.

The myth is all free agents love Miami.  It's just not true.

I never said ALL FA's love MIami..lol. Ive just been in Atlanta long enough to know they'll(GIannis) most likely choose MIami or NY over Atlanta..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, terrell said:

The few NBA players Ive ever talked to would rather visit Atlanta than live here

Didn't realize it was like that. Thought it was the other way around and athletes like it in Atlanta or maybe one of the lakes around. Now Boston I do understand because what it took for them to put it all together for their last trophy had an extreme difficulty curve and a couple of players did a lot of the selling. Atlanta on the other hand welcomes multicultural citizens have felt for many years.  

37 minutes ago, terrell said:

I never said ALL FA's love MIami..lol. Ive just been in Atlanta long enough to know they'll(GIannis) most likely choose MIami or NY over Atlanta..

Didn't mean to imply you'd said that.  The myth is that all free agents love Miami.  That's simply untrue.

It's also untrue they choose NYK.  They may not come here but they also don't typically sign in NYK or MIA.

What's true is that they use us, NYK and MIA, when they have capspace, to drive up the price for the place they really want to end up.

55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Didn't realize it was like that. Thought it was the other way around and athletes like it in Atlanta or maybe one of the lakes around. Now Boston I do understand because what it took for them to put it all together for their last trophy had an extreme difficulty curve and a couple of players did a lot of the selling. Atlanta on the other hand welcomes multicultural citizens have felt for many years. Just not the government.

Their "sidekicks" usually live in Atlanta. Too much drama if they live in the same city. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Truth is no one wants to come to Atlanta.  Only player to ever come here as a youngster is our own Nique and we traded for him.  I've watched for 49 years mostly tough trades and signings.  We got Moses toward the end, Joe Johnson wasnt a star.   My favorite player along with Nique has always been Dan Roundfield.   We just cant get the big time players and nothing has changed in the last 30-40 years.  It's sad, but some of us has hung in there.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Are we talking about when Kobe forced the Lakers to get rid of Shaq?  Don't think Shaq would have left LA by choice.

They did have issues....with each other.

K-S.jpg

On 4/2/2020 at 10:38 AM, Gray Mule said:

Because major sports will be unable to take in huge $$$$ money, huge payrolls may be at an end.

Just as you said Gray....NBA article stated on Friday that they do expect to lose over 1.2 billion in cash before next season even starts. A number I can't really fathom you know. With them looking at cutting the salaries hard feel a rumble is on the horizon.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sources now saying Plan A remains intact, but also hearing now that there is, as suspected, a Plan B. That is, if BI re-signs with NOP or someone other than ATL, nothing else changes except that there would be some player signed to a 1-year deal, or a 2-year that does not have a guarantee on the second year. Ostensibly, this would be done to allow Schlenk to be as competitive as possible in the anticipated chaotic 2021 sellers' market, holding onto a sliver of hope that some top tier talent would come aboard.

To the chagrin of some, no doubt, Paul Millsap will end up being the primo signing news of the 2020 free agent market--with the caveat, of course, that we're just speaking for now in the familiar salary cap terms that we're used to, and assuming that whatever adjustments are made, they will all be relative/scaled down in terms of the entire system. 

43 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sources now saying Plan A remains intact, but also hearing now that there is, as suspected, a Plan B. That is, if BI re-signs with NOP or someone other than ATL, nothing else changes except that there would be some player signed to a 1-year deal, or a 2-year that does not have a guarantee on the second year. Ostensibly, this would be done to allow Schlenk to be as competitive as possible in the anticipated chaotic 2021 sellers' market, holding onto a sliver of hope that some top tier talent would come aboard.

To the chagrin of some, no doubt, Paul Millsap will end up being the primo signing news of the 2020 free agent market--with the caveat, of course, that we're just speaking for now in the familiar salary cap terms that we're used to, and assuming that whatever adjustments are made, they will all be relative/scaled down in terms of the entire system. 

No. Nothing has changed. The gameplan is the same. Young vet gets multi years, older vet gets less years and they want impact players who are vets. Not just highly paid trash vets. 

I keep telling you but you refuse to listen, New Orleans is bringing BI back at ALL COST.