• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Moderators

What does your draft board look like for the Hawks?  What players do you believe in or not believe in?  Do you think we'll try to trade any picks and, if so, what type of player(s) will we be looking for?

Let's talk some draft on Homecourt and educate those of us who didn't watch a big cross section of college and foreign basketball this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I don't know anything either.  Haliburton looks good to me but was he playing PG in college?   He looks like he could be a 2.

Someone somewhere noted he can play both positions.

I like Edwards, Wiseman, Ball, Haliburton. Ball I would trade for a nice gold mine; say trade down to 10-15 and get two future first. I am not enamored with any of the players after those four; and would be more than willing to trade down and get a future pick.

I like Saddiq Bey and Jalen Smith as players to trade down to get. I see them both as potential starters; worse case role players with great strengths that we could use right away.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Toppin may be off my list.  Highlight vids always say how great he is ... despite his defensive shortcomings.

Nah, not what we lookin' foh.

I like Bey and Smith as good defensive role players outside the top ten. I like Wiseman also if we are in the top three and have a shot at him.

We have Capela, Hunter, and Reddish for D. I think the D is the easiest fix we have because of those three players; along with adding Dedmon and Collins who is at least trying to get after it these days. That should at least be 20th or so. We are not the Pistons with Billups, Prince, Wallace, and Wallace but we have some length and speed on this roster now.

I like our team a lot and think we can draft for any position, grab a good player or two in free agency, and compete. The days of all these 20 and 30 point losses should be over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like Bey and Smith as good defensive role players outside the top ten. I like Wiseman also if we are in the top three and have a shot at him.

We have Capela, Hunter, and Reddish for D. I think the D is the easiest fix we have because of those three players; along with adding Dedmon and Collins who is at least trying to get after it these days. That should at least be 20th or so. We are not the Pistons with Billups, Prince, Wallace, and Wallace but we have some length and speed on this roster now.

I like our team a lot and think we can draft for any position, grab a good player or two in free agency, and compete. The days of all these 20 and 30 point losses should be over.

Finally you got something right we agree on something. 😏

While I don't like anyone in this draft (much), I can get behind selecting Wiseman because of the option to let him learn behind Capela.  Meaning, we wouldn't need him to do anything but defend/rebound/putback for the first year+.  That's ideal.

I also agree we're probably not far away from being at least a passable defensive team.  That'd make us a playoff team without a lot of changes.  Use this draft to fill needs/stack additional assets.  We don't need to try to force a savior role on anyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Finally you got something right we agree on something. 😏

While I don't like anyone in this draft (much), I can get behind selecting Wiseman because of the option to let him learn behind Capela.  Meaning, we wouldn't need him to do anything but defend/rebound/putback for the first year+.  That's ideal.

I also agree we're probably not far away from being at least a passable defensive team.  That'd make us a playoff team without a lot of changes.  Use this draft to fill needs/stack additional assets.  We don't need to try to force a savior role on anyone.

We do agree here. We don't need a savior; if we happen to luck into one, so be it.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Toppin may be off my list.  Highlight vids always say how great he is ... despite his defensive shortcomings.

Nah, not what we lookin' foh.

But his body looks like an AND 1 baller on a t shirt from the 90’s! Agreed though more Smoove highlights than Millsap impact. I’m about ready to cut him loose on my list as well. It’s duplicating Collins in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

But his body looks like an AND 1 baller on a t shirt from the 90’s! Agreed though more Smoove highlights than Millsap impact. I’m about ready to cut him loose on my list as well. It’s duplicating Collins in a lot of ways.

My thought exactly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I would take another Collins!  He doesn't have to start but man would he be a great 6th man.

• Like 3

My list for the draft

Top tier: Best talent, Wiseman and Edwards, if they are available take them and run specially on that order

Second tier: I select this tier because of fit, Haliburton, Hayes and Okongwu. Haliburton and Hayes can be the defensive guard we need, they have decent upside too. Okongwu is an Adebayo clone, can play PF and C, will be a fantastic player.

Third tier: Not much difference with second tier on talent but worst fit. Toppin, Advinja, Cole Anthony, Ball. Not a fan of any as I don't see more star potential thsn 2nd tier and duplicate what we have.

Think about taking them if we are able to trade for a late fist, Carney Jr if we go with a G and RJ Hampton if we go big.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Okongwu is an Adebayo

Ya I like this comparison a bit. He can do a bit of everything and on some nights could even get some double digit dimes. I like mobile bigs. Having said that, again with the Toppin thing it duplicates what we have in Collins a bit. 

34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I would take another Collins!  He doesn't have to start but man would he be a great 6th man.

Trae to Toppin would be electric ⚡️. I still think Schlenk won’t pick him, just a hunch. 

• Like 1

So how would 48 minutes of Collins caliber at PF be a bad thing. Yeah, work on the D but that combo would be able to outperform their opponents at that position. Like Toppin a lot but then still feel in order of need is more a rotation SF, PF and then PG. Won't be drafting all three though.

• Like 1