Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of course I have been.

Now you wanna run 🏃‍♀️ around talkin bout guns 💪🏽 like I ain’t got none whatchu think I soldem all cuz I stay well off? 🤔 

-Dre/Supes

Supes was born ready god damnit!

You heard the man! Of fcking course he been in the lab 🧪 #ogthang #dredayAK

• Haha 3

On 1/4/2020 at 23:45, Spud2nique dijo:

Ya I like this comparison a bit. He can do a bit of everything and on some nights could even get some double digit dimes. I like mobile bigs. Having said that, again with the Toppin thing it duplicates what we have in Collins a bit. 

Ummm I don't think so, Okongwu can play C and start with Collins in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A good thing that we are in need of three rotation players at this time with this particular draft as opposed to having to find a cornerstone. Maybe we can find two pieces but not expecting more than one without moves, our second rounder is pretty late. Unfortunate that the timing of FA targets are so limited but believe TS will not want to catch the same heat he has caught this season so do expect something to happen even with 2021 being the much better hunting season. Hoping hard for a FA that counts in each window and also that Capela is fully ready for October..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Now you wanna run 🏃‍♀️ around talkin bout guns 💪🏽 like I ain’t got none whatchu think I soldem all cuz I stay well off? 🤔 

-Dre/Supes

Supes was born ready god damnit!

You heard the man! Of fcking course he been in the lab 🧪 #ogthang #dredayAK

The "Of course" got me. 😆

Super when he read that ...

saywha.gif

Nice ascot game, bro

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Agree with Okongwu but not Toppin as much at center.

To me Toppin would almost strictly be the rotation piece behind Collins at PF, maybe some SF. Don't even want to think about the possibility of Collins not being here in a couple of years. If LP refuses to avoid small ball at times then JC at the post and Toppin at PF could work because of Trae feeding them. Personally am just fearful of what can happen to us and JC in particular with small ball. But that is another dead horse to kick so....Capela, Dedmon and Bruno are the centers for 48 to me. Agree with the serious doubts Toppin would be our pick anyway with Bruno and Skal around but reading the mind of TS is really tough.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the word on this kid?

Pretty good at everything, has great vision for someone of his size, but his shooting from three and free throw numbers are pretty alarming. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, AHF said:

What does your draft board look like for the Hawks?  What players do you believe in or not believe in?  Do you think we'll try to trade any picks and, if so, what type of player(s) will we be looking for?

Let's talk some draft on Homecourt and educate those of us who didn't watch a big cross section of college and foreign basketball this year!

Okoro is my guy at the moment....I even like him over Edwards..Both hometown kids..Id look for a Trae YOung like deal if we get a top 3 pick, if IM the Hawks.If we go pg, give me Hayes or Haliburton. It all depends on the lottery I guess...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:54 AM, Peoriabird said:

Not an Edwards guy because of his shooting.  I think we should go big.  Definitely Wiseman and Toppin for me.  I can be talked into Okonwu but how is he any different than Capela?

Toppins defense is worse than Collins...We pretty much need defenders at ever position around Trae Young..Cam/Hunter/Okoro at the wings would be a good place to start..Im taking Okungwu over Obi for this reason alone(if it came down to those 2)..JUst my 2 cents..OKoros offense isnt that bad either btw. I watched him alot at McEachern. I think hes gong to be a stud..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

Pretty good at everything, has great vision for someone of his size, but his shooting from three and free throw numbers are pretty alarming. 

VERY alarming...