• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We gotta try and snag this dude if possible. He seems solid all around. Little piece from him.

Okongwu said the talent level in this draft class is vast. He averaged 16.2 points and 8.6 rebounds a game as a freshman this season out West.

“We have a lot of good players in this draft class,” Okonwu said. “Me, [Isaiah] Stewart, [Vernon] Carey, [Daniel] Oturu, I think we all complement each other. We are all aggressive, and we all have a lot of energy and I just think I can defend, and I’m an energy person. I fight for every offensive rebound, I play with energy and I play with a lot of heart. I feel like I really play hard.”

He's a polish and smart kid. I really like him a ton. I am not so sure about his role with us but he fits just ABOUT every team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've also seen articles about GSW targeting Wiseman, Edwards and another player. More to come.

I haven't heard much about Wiseman and the Warriors other than they rather trade the pick than draft Wiseman. 

Edwards has high marks from everyone 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard much about Wiseman and the Warriors other than they rather trade the pick than draft Wiseman. 

Edwards has high marks from everyone 

A league source said the Warriors have Wiseman at the top of their draft board; understandable considering forward Dragan Bender, a late-season addition via two 10-day contracts, is the only 7-footer on the roster and 6’9″ Kevon Looney is the only listed center. But none of the executives surveyed put Wiseman in the category of Dwight Howard or even Deandre Ayton, big men capable of playing a significant role on Day 1.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888941-dubs-dynasty-plot-20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-2020-four-prospects-warriors-could-take-no-1-pick%3famp

I don't think there is any consensus on who goes #1

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Speaking of big FA if Harris , Trez and Bertans end with the same money for me is easy, take Trez. No way we should overpay that money for Bertans or Harris but I think Harris value will be 8-10, Bertans would be 12-14 too much for him and Trez 16-20 and I don’t want to pay so much for a bench player but If I have to chose with the same money is Harrell by a mile.

Talking about draft for me stays the same as it was, top tier Edwards and Wiseman, next Okongwu, Haliburton and Hayes. Deni Advija and Cole Anthony are growing on me and don’t want anything with Toppin, Mannion, Ball.... 

More than happy with Okungwu because I think his long term upside is very high, but I worry he won't get enough playing time with the current roster. If we get Okungwu, I think we should look to trade Dedmon

I also don't buy Toppin at all. D looks weak and athleticism overrated 

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We gotta try and snag this dude if possible. He seems solid all around. Little piece from him.

Okongwu said the talent level in this draft class is vast. He averaged 16.2 points and 8.6 rebounds a game as a freshman this season out West.

“We have a lot of good players in this draft class,” Okonwu said. “Me, [Isaiah] Stewart, [Vernon] Carey, [Daniel] Oturu, I think we all complement each other. We are all aggressive, and we all have a lot of energy and I just think I can defend, and I’m an energy person. I fight for every offensive rebound, I play with energy and I play with a lot of heart. I feel like I really play hard.”

Agreed, if Hawks keep the pick and its top 5, trade back and take The 'Gwu. Has that tenacious D and wingspan Hawks badly need, shoots 72% from the stripe so nuttin' but a thang for Jent. Would make an ideal backup 4, and a lot cheaper than Trez. 

1st time going on record this year: my preference for Hawks' pick is The 'Gwu 👏

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Speaking of big FA if Harris , Trez and Bertans end with the same money for me is easy, take Trez. No way we should overpay that money for Bertans or Harris but I think Harris value will be 8-10, Bertans would be 12-14 too much for him and Trez 16-20 and I don’t want to pay so much for a bench player but If I have to chose with the same money is Harrell by a mile.

Talking about draft for me stays the same as it was, top tier Edwards and Wiseman, next Okongwu, Haliburton and Hayes. Deni Advija and Cole Anthony are growing on me and don’t want anything with Toppin, Mannion, Ball.... 

Mannion isnt even in my top 20. Anthony isnt in my top 10...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Unfortunately they are all three UFA's so even if they get the same money, they get to choose where to go. I think all three would prefer starting but all three will probably not have that as a option with every team.

Harrell would get a chance to start in NY, Charlotte, and possibly with the Clips if he stays put. Harris starts with the Nets, I am not sold on Bertans starting anywhere.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Scouts said the same thing about Collins coming out.  He'll be fine!

The fear is real on defense. The difference is the fit with Capela is ideal for Toppin on both ends but for not so much for Collins. 

Also Toppin is just a much much better offensive talent than John. It's like comparing Steph on offense to Kyle Korver.

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't tell @Spud2nique I said this but I've secretly wanted Okongwu for us for a while now.  He's lurking, creepily, behind Haliburton in my top group.

I see him as a cross between Adebayo and Harrell.  Probably one of the prospects with the clearest defined role for his game that we could acquire via the draft.  Main risk is he could be closer to his ceiling than most.  Doesn't mean he can't be a good pro for years though.

Ha 😂 

33 minutes ago, hazer said:

1st time going on record this year: my preference for Hawks' pick is The 'Gwu 👏

All the same person I’m tellin ya. Well let me clarify, we are 2 people. One entire group we will call them.. “the others” who basically like players we don’t. (I don’t name names) then there’s us, Rocky Balboa, Captain 👨‍✈️ America..  😐 

Ive lost my train 🚂 of thought.

Anyways, looks like Squawk scouts like Gwu we shall call him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The fear is real on defense. The difference is the fit with Capela is ideal for Toppin on both ends but for not so much for Collins. 

Also Toppin is just a much much better offensive talent than John. It's like comparing Steph on offense to Kyle Korver.

Collins and Toppin are the same age, and it's not like Toppin was playing great competition. Toppin shows FLASHES of passing, he's hit threes on low volume and he's shown ok footwork playing against folks who won't sniff a professional league.

Collins just dropped 20/10 on 65% TS in the NBA. Toppin is a hall of famer if he's THAT much better than Collins. Collins deserves more respect around here.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have heard similar things about the Warriors. They could go either way with Edwards or Wiseman if they have the top pick.