• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I hope the Hawks can make the jump from .344 winning pct to .500.   Dawgs offensive rating went from 255th in the country to 128.  

@Thomas is the better person to ask about this topic.  I don't think they were much better but I'll defer to ol' doubtin' thomas.

• Like 1

I really like Okoro, watched him play many times in high school. There's no doubt he'll be a good NBA player. His offensive game is really nice even though he struggled on that end at Auburn. However, I believe Edwards is the better player right now and for the foreseeable future. People forget that Ant Man would've been a senior in high school last year. For him to do what he did at Georgia on that stage with no help was phenomenal. By year two in the NBA, Ant will be must see TV.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRW said:

By year two in the NBA, Ant will be must see TV.

I don’t doubt it. I just have one question. Will Ant 🐜 man equate to winning in the NBA. I love straight up ballers like 🐜 they remind me of A.I.  or Isiah Rider in the sense that they are pure beats that can get the ball 🏀 in the hole.

Do those guys win though as one of the main pieces to a team. Iverson got to the finals but let’s face it they had no shot to beat the Lakers. I just worry about 🐜 man being one of my top 2 or 3 guys.

I guess not so much if he’s the 3rd guy on a team. But if he’s one of my top two guys, I don’t see a winning record. I could be wrong. I feel like I’ve seen this movie 🎥 before and it ends with no titles. 😞 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t doubt it. I just have one question. Will Ant 🐜 man equate to winning in the NBA. I love straight up ballers like 🐜 they remind me of A.I.  or Isiah Rider in the sense that they are pure beats that can get the ball 🏀 in the hole.

Do those guys win though as one of the main pieces to a team. Iverson got to the finals but let’s face it they had no shot to beat the Lakers. I just worry about 🐜 man being one of my top 2 or 3 guys.

I guess not so much if he’s the 3rd guy on a team. But if he’s one of my top two guys, I don’t see a winning record. I could be wrong. I feel like I’ve seen this movie 🎥 before and it ends with no titles. 😞 

That's the beauty for the Hawks is he can just be a sniper off the bench at first.  

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's the beauty for the Hawks is he can just be a sniper off the bench at first.  

Ya but a top 3 pick to be a sniper? I think a top 3 pick would eventually work his way into the starting lineup. 

If we could do it your way and have him be our 6th man forever I’d be down. I just think he might be a volume scorer and in our scheme it might not work for the best.

Hes an amazing talent for sure. Really fun to watch. Again the straight up rawness is Iverson like.

Spud, I believe it comes down to numerous things: That players drive to win and get better, his makeup, the coaching that he receives and the team who selects him. AAU basketball has hurt just as many kids as its helped. I truly believe Ant has a good foundational background to overcome what he's going to deal with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya but a top 3 pick to be a sniper? I think a top 3 pick would eventually work his way into the starting lineup. 

If we could do it your way and have him be our 6th man forever I’d be down. I just think he might be a volume scorer and in our scheme it might not work for the best.

Hes an amazing talent for sure. Really fun to watch. Again the straight up rawness is Iverson like.

Just for the first season or two.  Then we see who the stars are and trade the others. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TRW said:

Spud, I believe it comes down to numerous things: That players drive to win and get better, his makeup, the coaching that he receives and the team who selects him. AAU basketball has hurt just as many kids as its helped. I truly believe Ant has a good foundational background to overcome what he's going to deal with.

Ya that’s a ton of factors. I always agree with BPA scenario but now it comes down to, Will the best player (ant scenario) be the best fit for our team. 

Say our team is going for a Suns type of look of Warriors where the Trae is the main piece but distributes to others.

Ant would indeed disrupt that style imo. We would have to change our scheme I would think 🤔, no? Either that or Ant 🐜 absolutely changes his ball dominant style of play.

Ball dominant style of play teams in the league right now...

Cavs- I can see him excelling there.

Wizards- reset them

Magic- They have no system. New Tmac

Hornets- Good/great fit 🐜 

Wolves- They have no system.

Pistons- Best Lansing spot 🐜 (#’s wise)

Bulls- Ant 🐜 and Lavine They would

Knicks- They need anything. A spark ⚡️ 

Just now, macdaddy said:

Just for the first season or two.  Then we see who the stars are and trade the others. 

Ya I guess that’s where BPA kicks in if it works right chemistry 🧪 wise those couple years and they develop like Tmac with the Raptors back in the day. Couple years under the radar then BAM 💥 lights up the league.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We are headed for some fun times. Schlenk really gave us a bit of room for error with these assets but if we nail it, we should have a really high ceiling as a young (pun intended) team. 👏 

Even though I believe Ant is the best player in the draft, I still would try to trade that pick if we win the lottery. IMO our team is getting to a point where we have to try and get that big piece, AD or Giannis even though that's probably a pipe dream. We can't keep all the core pieces. Trae is a great player but I believe his greatest importance is for him and the organization to start winning and to continue pushing the motto "Trae will get you the ball" to star players across the league. Hopefully AD or Giannis will recognize what Trae can do for them. Could you imagine how much better AD would be with Trae getting him the rock in the spots were he wants? I won't doubt Trae but I think he's a 2, not a 1. We have to trade for that 1 eventually, or until Cam takes that role.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's still stock pile time.  We all have high hopes for our rookies but there are no guarantees that they even become better than average starters on a winning team.  There was a time we thought Chill, Smoove, and Marv would be plenty.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's still stock pile time.  We all have high hopes for our rookies but there are no guarantees that they even become better than average starters on a winning team.  There was a time we thought Chill, Smoove, and Marv would be plenty.  

Uh, who thought that?

Have you been hacked today, macd? 🤓

• Haha 3

No, we can win without AD or Giannis. The point I was trying to make was that regardless of who we draft playing time is going to be a problem, except maybe PG or PF. The guys we have now need playing time so they can get better. There's only 48 minutes in a game and you can't play 12 people. 8 spots are already taken with Trae, Collins, Cam, Huerter, Hunter, Capela, Dedmond, and Bruno. We're going to bring in or sign at least 2 free agents because of the cap rules, and a high draft pick. Can you name any player in this draft who is going to come in here and start or get major playing time at C, SF, or SG. I'm just looking at the numbers. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uh, who thought that?

Have you been hacked today, macd? 🤓

You get my point.  Lots of people thought those guys had huge potential but none of them turned out to be an all star or even a go to scorer.  I'm incredibly high on Cam but there is no guarantee.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You get my point.  Lots of people thought those guys had huge potential but none of them turned out to be an all star or even a go to scorer.  I'm incredibly high on Cam but there is no guarantee.  

Yeah, I hear you brudder.

But, just to be safe, tell me something only macd would know.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TRW said:

No, we can win without AD or Giannis. The point I was trying to make was that regardless of who we draft playing time is going to be a problem, except maybe PG or PF. The guys we have now need playing time so they can get better. There's only 48 minutes in a game and you can't play 12 people. 8 spots are already taken with Trae, Collins, Cam, Huerter, Hunter, Capela, Dedmond, and Bruno. We're going to bring in or sign at least 2 free agents because of the cap rules, and a high draft pick. Can you name any player in this draft who is going to come in here and start or get major playing time at C, SF, or SG. I'm just looking at the numbers. 

Why do you care whether the draft pick is in the rotation next year? Plus it takes time for some players to develop. For example, if we draft a guy like Weismann and he sits behind Capela and Dedmon for a year, who Cares?  Once he is good enough to start or get minutes, the roster can be restructured thru trades to accommodate that player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Sorry but I was never high on Chillz. I saw him at Stanford several times and I said I hope the Hawks pick anyone but him in the entire first round. Then we pick him at 6??? Wtf. I wanted Josh Smith and Iggy. And a lil bit Al Jeff aka cookie 🍪 monster but I knew Chills was a bench guy. Stupid pick at 6.

• Sad 1