Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

18 hours ago, thecampster said:

For me its Wiseman because you just don't get that skilled of a big man. Typically you draft size and hope. He has size and skill. Not 100% ready but he's farther along than most bigs. If he fills out and maintains that coordination or improves, he's as impactful as the best players in most years. Still, he's a young big. He'll need 2 years to start to get a feel.

Put him behind Capela. We could have a star by the time Capela's contract is up. I like your comp to the Admiral the best. His body type, high hands, and movement is very similar.

My top three is still the same.

Edwards

Wiseman

Ball

I understand the odds are as heavily loaded to 1,2,3,4 as they are to 6 and 7; but I am hoping we win a lottery for a change.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My top three is still the same.

Edwards

Wiseman

Ball

I don’t mind this. I’m still pushing for dime brothers! 😃 Trae+Lamelo...

Can you imagine the court vision... yes I know the defense would stink but on offense it’s a machine in 2 years.

Ok 3 years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can you imagine the court vision... yes I know the defense would stink but on offense it’s a machine in 2 years.

Ok 3 years

I see Ball more as a trade chip than fit. God only knows what his dad will be saying in the press if he is playing behind Trae and Cam; and playing with Huerter on the 2nd team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I see Ball more as a trade chip than fit. God only knows what his dad will be saying in the press if he is playing behind Trae and Cam; and playing with Huerter on the 2nd team.

Ya the dad thing is kinda big plus the video game 🎮 pairing of two great passers might not work. I’m just saying we’ve never seen a Nash/Kidd backcourt. It’s not the worst thing in the world if you have some big guys up front. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya the dad thing is kinda big plus the video game 🎮 pairing of two great passers might not work. I’m just saying we’ve never seen a Nash/Kidd backcourt. It’s not the worst thing in the world if you have some big guys up front. 🤷‍♀️ 

I don't think he has a legit shot to beat out Reddish at the 2 guard. Someone like Haliburton who plays decent D and his broken shot still goes in could push Cam.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When I see Gwu, I think Gru, Felonias :laugh:

Screenshot_20200521-094001_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's Eggzackly where I got it from 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok 3 years

Oh spud.

You do realize Ball makes Trae look like Gary Payton on d, right?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok 3 years

Spuds gone full Dime Bag Brother. 

Stop smoking what you're selling, brother.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Gary Payton on d, right?

😂 watch Trae ACTUALLY turn into GP! Ok not GP but Trae is made up of a different cloth. You tell him he can’t play D and he will.

I agree though the tandem backcourt would give up a lotta points. 

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I don't think he has a legit shot to beat out Reddish at the 2 guard. Someone like Haliburton who plays decent D and his broken shot still goes in could push Cam.

Haliburton not push Cam either. He's not good enough. I like Hali but he would be a waste of a pick

• Thanks 2

Yahoo’s latest mock @Buzzard has us nabbing your boy Admiral Wiseman.

4. Atlanta Hawks: F James Wiseman 

Ht./Wt.: 7-1, 240

Class: Freshman

Memphis: 19.7 ppg, 10.7 rpg (three games)

Wiseman is currently in Miami working out and preparing for the draft and has been doing so since December when he left Memphis early after the NCAA suspended him for 12 games. Wiseman has said that he emulates his game after David Robinson and looks up to Anthony Davis and Giannis Antetokounmpo. Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway predicts that Wiseman will win the Rookie of the Year next season and says the former Memphis center is a potential All-Star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Wiseman is currently in Miami working out and preparing for the draft and has been doing so since December when he left Memphis early after the NCAA suspended him for 12 games. Wiseman has said that he emulates his game after David Robinson and looks up to Anthony Davis and Giannis Antetokounmpo. Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway predicts that Wiseman will win the Rookie of the Year next season and says the former Memphis center is a potential All-Star.

Huh, never even heard that when I made the comparison.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Him or Edwards if he can get them, there will be no complaints from me. @NBASupes You probably think the only type player that can push Cam is the next Kobe. I hope you like hell are right; but I still need to see more than one decent month before I will be declaring him automatically better than Haliburton.

Reddish in February for 9 games, 13.4 PTS, .572 TS%. I hope he comes out of the gates more like March's 5 games: 17.5 PTS, .672 TS%.

If we get anything in between those two splits to start the new season, I will call getting him at #10 a huge win.

40 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Huh, never even heard that when I made the comparison.

I was just putting up the mock from yahoo. You then decided to highlight it to point out your own nice comparison but then you put, huh 🤔 to kinda act confused 🤷‍♀️... like I’m the one who made the error...

Next time instead of all that HUH 🤔 HUH 🤔 I AINT KNOW WASS GOIN ON STUFF...

Stand up and proudly say,

I CALLED THAT, WHERES MY FKIN COOKIE 🍪????? 

I think people will respect the honest approach a bit more.

• Haha 1