• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Top on my list is Tyrese Haliburton.  Supes says that he is high on a western division team as well as ours. 

I’m gonna let buzz 🐝 drive this wagon. Supes can co pilot this puppy cuz he’s the pilot of his own Toppin. 

My point: You can’t drive every train 🚂 

Supes got Toppin in my eyes.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks already have a draft pick who we haven't yet watched.  Skal is his name!

My hope for the upcoming draft is that we grab a backup PG.  Top on my list is Tyrese Haliburton.  Supes says that he is high on a western division team as well as ours.  He's a lot like Trae except he's bigger.  We know that the Hawks were poor last season without our star PG.  Jeff Teague is past his prime.  He may be good enough for a year or two more.

What is the Hawks greatest need right now?  A better bench is my thoughts.  It looks much better already.  Whoever we draft surely will help, regardless of who he os.

:smug:

Hali....

• Like 2

The idea of having two elite passers who are also elite offball shooters in Trae/Haliburton is very interesting. Only holdup for me is Hali's self creation ability. Doesn't get to the line at all and not a pull up threat.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Travis likes him.  So, if you two disagree, it's OK with me.  I'll just have to wait and see which of you has the correct answer.  

:smug:

Schlenk also traded for Damien Jones and Evan Turner.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk also traded for Damien Jones and Evan Turner.

In his defense, the Turner trade was a favor to Baze. Jones trade was basically a wash. I think he knows now that bringing in salary dumps does put team chemistry at risk.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

In his defense, the Turner trade was a favor to Baze. Jones trade was basically a wash. I think he knows now that bringing in salary dumps does put team chemistry at risk.

He traded for Turner and didn't bring in a real back up point guard so Schlenk must have liked Turner at the back up point guard.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

21 minutes - 18 points (7/10,  2/5 from 3pt, and 2-2 from the ft line), 5 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

You gonna have to eggsplain a 57% FT shooter, ma'am.

You gonna also have to eggsplain why I should draft this guy top 5 when, as I said before, I could probably sign a scruffy-beard-havin', outta shape dude smokin' cigarettes at halftime from a high-level Euroleague squad that'd probably give us what this guy will.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He traded for Turner and didn't bring in a real back up point guard so Schlenk must have liked Turner at the back up point guard.

In contrast to garbage Turner, Skal is not needed to make the rotation work and doesn't cost $20M per.

Also, he has shown some promise with a career per 36 of:

14.8 points on 49.2% FG% (54% the last two seasons), 9.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 blocks and 0.7 steals.

He has also shown some promise with his jumper with a career 35.3% 3pt%.  Also a credible FT shooter at 74.8% for his career.

I've said before that I don't think he is indispensable to having on the roster but he is a guy who doesn't hurt you when he plays, came into the league raw and has shown promise.  So he fits as a nice end of the roster, cheap development project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You gonna have to eggsplain a 57% FT shooter, ma'am.

You gonna also have to eggsplain why I should draft this guy top 5 when, as I said before, I could probably sign a scruffy-beard-havin', outta shape dude smokin' cigarettes at halftime from a high-level Euroleague squad that'd probably give us what this guy will.

Very small sample size but in the 2 games post Corona he's 9/10 from the free throw line. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So what Wiseman has 3 games!

Not sure what I’m drivin at here but..

It's ok.  You basically dropped in with a hefty ...

usk.gif

.. but didn't really know what you were fighting about.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

21 minutes - 18 points (7/10,  2/5 from 3pt, and 2-2 from the ft line), 5 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal.

If I knew this kid could shoot, I'd draft him easy. The passing, fluidity and athleticism look sharp.