• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wasn't that the book on Cam last year too?

Shooting? Cam? Absolutely not my dear (eww that sounded creepy as hell). How bout just no. Cam always had a stroke and it was a matter of time. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Shooting? Cam? Absolutely not my dear (eww that sounded creepy as hell). How bout just no. Cam always had a stroke and it was a matter of time. 

Uuummmm....1st 2 draft profiles I pulled up:

The rest of Reddish’s game has given scouts real concerns. First, Reddish was an extremely inefficient scorer this season, only hitting 39 percent of his two-point shots and posted a true shooting percentage of only 50.3 percent, a low number for someone in Reddish’s draft range. This puts into question whether Reddish will truly be able to score at all three levels, especially with limited athleticism.

Duke's Cam Reddish is on track to become college basketball's most inefficient lottery pick in recent NBA draft history. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I don't think it was that exactly.  Folks thought his shot looked good, just wasn't falling.  It was inexplicable.

Yup. Cam has one of the purest strokes to mind in the last 10+ years. 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, Peoriabird said:

He traded for Turner and didn't bring in a real back up point guard so Schlenk must have liked Turner at the back up point guard.

Good point.  I agree.  Travis is far from perfect.  Like everyone else, including me and thee, he can make mistakes and this was a great big one.  Still, I'm believing that he's correct on this one.  Skal will be a rotational player this coming season and will not bomb as Turner did.

:smug:

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup. Cam has one of the purest strokes to mind in the last 10+ years. 

I just can't believe jayu wants us to take Deni Diaw top 5. 😎

Actually though, I could see it being a similar selection to taking Hunter top 5.  Could be a solid player that contributes to winning more so than most.  But you'll always look back on it like, "Eep, man wish we coulda got that guy in the teens."

I guess, at the end of the day, the important thing is that you get your guy.   But man would it be hard to stomach, especially with all the eggsperts' reactions being, "Bwah, somebody tell the Hawks this guy ain't Looka.  Obviously this is a make up pick for the guy they shoulda took two years ago, blah, blah, blah ..."

You know that's coming.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I just can't believe jayu wants us to take Deni Diaw top 5. 😎

Actually though, I could see it being a similar selection to taking Hunter top 5.  Could be a solid player that contributes to winning more so than most.  But you'll always look back on it like, "Eep, man wish we coulda got that guy in the teens."

I guess, at the end of the day, the important thing is that you get your guy.   But man would it be hard to stomach, especially with all the eggsperts' reactions being, "Bwah, somebody tell the Hawks this guy ain't Looka.  Obviously this is a make up pick for the guy they shoulda took two years ago, blah, blah, blah ..."

You know that's coming.

:cute:....you wanna keep doing the moonwalk. :laugh:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Kirschner: My final question, and it relates to the draft. After putting this breakdown together, what do you feel is needed for the Hawks come October to advance in their rebuilding process?

Vecenie: Yeah, if I was Schlenk, I’d be looking for the best non-lead ballhandler, non-center available. The team has a relative answer at center in Capela, as well as a guy in Collins who should get at least 10 minutes there per game in smaller lineups. And even if neither of those guys ends up being “the guy,” it’s easy enough to find centers on the free agency marketplace if necessary. Really, I’d just keep building the way that Schlenk has since drafting Young. Keep selecting awesome wings and forwards that can help the team grow.

In that vein, given that the Hawks likely will be somewhere between No. 4 and No. 7 on draft night, I’d look at a few names. Tyrese Haliburton would make a ton of sense for them as an off-ball guard who can play next to Young, play as a backup point guard and keep the ball moving on the perimeter even when it gets sticky with Young. Isaac Okoro makes some sense from a defensive perspective, and plenty of executives around the NBA buy into his offensive upside. Devin Vassell would represent a similar “reachy” type of pick at that level to Hunter last year as a two-way wing who can knock down shots and is a high-level off-ball defender, but in this down draft class at the top, I think such a player makes sense for Atlanta. You can certainly make a case for Deni Avdija if you think he’s going to shoot it long-term. Finally, if the team moves up in the draft lottery, Anthony Edwards possesses the upside of a two-way athletic wing who would really be helped by playing more off-ball next to Young. He has to improve drastically defensively, but the tools are there.

https://theathletic.com/1903662/2020/07/02/future-of-the-hawks-2-0-john-collins-and-projecting-atlantas-supporting-cast?source=user-shared-article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kg01 said:

One things for sure, they do a poor job of hiding who we like.  You've been able to predict each of our picks the last 3 years.

I feel like Supes and Jay are pushing this Andrew Kellyguy down my throat like TBS tryin to make me watch some Moms bowshit. Andrew keep walkin ur pit 🐶 I’m good. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I feel like Supes and Jay are pushing this Andrew Kellyguy down my throat like TBS tryin to make me watch some Moms bowshit. Andrew keep walkin ur pit 🐶 I’m good. 

You know when jay and supes are involved, it's gotta be some bowsh*t. 😏

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You know when jay and supes are involved, it's gotta be some bowsh*t. 😏

I dunno Jay changes her avatar (it looks good I like it btw) then they push this guy walkin his Pitbull then Supes has him on a podcast. 🤔 The whole thing smells fishy 🐠. Oh, and since Supes been focusing on his pod career we aren’t getting his “source” info stuff. The guy took one step forward and 2 steps back!

• Haha 1