• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno Jay changes her avatar (it looks good I like it btw) then they push this guy walkin his Pitbull then Supes has him on a podcast. 🤔 The whole thing smells fishy 🐠. Oh, and since Supes been focusing on his pod career we aren’t getting his “source” info stuff. The guy took one step forward and 2 steps back!

Hahaha. I just happened to come across his one tweet with the Cam stuff by accident. The rest is history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just for @kg01  :spiteful:

This is basically like falling in love with a guy that had a great NCAA tournament but was pretty 'meh' during multiple seasons.  Have fun with that, burd.

Man, I gotta stop killin' all these dudes.  Hawks gonna draft somebody.  Chances are, I got 100 posts totally bashing whoever it is.  Heh

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I got no problem with reporting on it.  I have a problem if anyone takes a leap on him based on it.

Dang, I took the bait.  I'm not supposed to kill these dudes anymore.  Curses!

You can’t help it. Haters gonna hate... 😐 I kid of course. You do bash everyone though except guys that really stand out like Collin Sexton and Ed Davis. 😉 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You can’t help it. Haters gonna hate... 😐 I kid of course. You do bash everyone though except guys that really stand out like Collin Sexton and Ed Davis. 😉 

I do bash everyone.  I need to reevaluate my draft stance.  In my defense though, some of that is me messin' with Supes.  It's like those Messin' with Sasquatch commercials. 😄

And, be fair.  I hopped off the Sexton wagon late in that draft.  Way, way late but still.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Guard Killian Hayes will meet with Warriors, T-Wolves

There are no transcendent talents in this draft class, but there are a number of tantalizing prospects...Among them is French guard Killian Hayes. The 18-year-old has an impressive repertoire of moves. At 6-foot-5, he has the perfect mix of shooting, playmaking ability and defensive versatility that makes him an ideal player for the modern NBA.......His agent Yann Balizoukou told the French podcast "Envergure" that his client would be interviewing with the Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves, but would not talk to the Cleveland Cavaliers as they don't need a guard.

Hayes is quickly rising up draft boards. He has a wide variety of offensive moves and has very polished footwork for an 18-year-old. This past season he averaged 11.6 points and 5.3 assists per game while playing for Ratiopharm Ulm in Germany.

Passing is Hayes' best attribute at the moment. He shows great ability to freeze defenders with hesitation moves, beat them with crossovers and then thread passes to open shooters. He did most of his scoring in the paint, showing good touch at the rim. While his 3-point shot (29 percent) isn't there yet, he did shoot 86 percent from the free-throw line...

Hayes has all the tools to develop into a star in the NBA. Some experts have said they see flashes of James Harden and Manu Ginobili in his game. But he's also only 18 and might not be the best choice for a team looking to get back to NBA title contention next season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-draft-2020-guard-killian-154942803.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree with the dog 🐕 walker and noticed that myself. When he didn’t keep Luka I thought he was all American type of GM. It’ll be interesting to see if he ever pulls on a Euro. 

Im gonna say no to Avdija and Hayes. 

For me it’s either going the route of grabbing of the aggressive defensive type cats that really know how to play their role and do it well in Gwu and Okoro (back on Okoro a bit) or a Haliburton type (thanks @Buzzard and everyone else). 

I’m willing to avatar bet that we won’t have Hayes or Avdija on our roster next year. I’m really throwing my avatar out there like a hooker on Rodeo! 😃 

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Glad we've got a GM who has had a good track record with his top 20 picks!

If Schlenk it’s again, that’ll be 6 in a row in my book 📖 

2017- Collins

2018- Trae/Huerter

2019-Hunter/Cam

and thus....

HEEEEEEAAAATTTTT 🔥 CHEEEEECCCKKKKKKK TIME MR. RATHBUN!

:Nique:

Latest mock has us taking Okoro.

The NBA is now very much a scorer’s league, which means you can never have too many defensive wings. Isaac Okoro is a bit of a reach for Atlanta at No. 4, but provides the defense the team so desperately needs. The Hawks ranked dead last in 119.7 points allowed per game, so Okoro’s tenacity would mark an arrival sweeter than peach season in Georgia.

The former four-star recruit has a strong build at 6-foot-6, 225 pounds, and posted a defensive box plus/minus (DBPM) of 2.5 at Auburn last year. Okoro also held his own on offense, averaging 12.9 points and shooting 51.4% from the floor.

This would also be a homecoming, as Okoro grew up in nearby Powder Springs, Georgia and starred at McEachern High School. Even though Atlanta already has plenty of wings, namely rising second-year man Cam Reddish, Okoro’s intensity could be the first step to the Hawks climbing out of the cellar.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That might just be coincidence. At least I hope it is. Any GM with xenophobic tendencies should be dismissed. Schlenk seems like a smart cat, no way would be one those "Euros suck" morons. 

Agree that a "no Euro" or other foreign local would be a sign a rotten approach to the draft.  That said, I can understand certain "biases" or "risk tolerance" or views on how other GMs tap into geographic regions (i.e., if you believe that other GMs are putting too much or too little emphasis on certain regions that would affect your view of  that would lead to a GM weighting talent in different markets differently (due to developmental systems, level of competition, amount of available tape, etc.).  That could result in some GMs ending up with more or fewer players from a particular region.  It may be that TS feels like he can get a better read of NCAA talent given his knowledge about the level of competition, etc.  Or maybe he just wanted Trae and a pick over Luka.

• Like 2