• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

New CBS mock has us gettin Hali @Buzzard celebration 🎉 😂 not only that but in this thing he broke into the top 5 like you said he would I said he wouldn’t. 🐝 you made this CBS mock huh? 😂 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-james-wiseman-too-good-to-pass-up-at-no-1-tyrese-haliburton-jumps-into-top-five/amp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 7/17/2020 at 2:30 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

6. Atlanta Hawks – Isaac Okoro (G/F, Auburn)

Okoro is a local Atlanta product and he does a lot of things well. The Hawks spent two lottery picks on a pair of two-way forwards in 2019 and, in Okoro, they’d be following that model again to some degree. He is a bulky, physically gifted standout on the defensive end, with top-shelf athleticism and power leading to many saying Okoro is the best one-on-one defensive prospect in the class. Offensively, he has a defined weaknesses in perimeter shooting but, from there, Okoro brings more on-ball appeal than one might think, showcasing intriguing play-making skills and a high-level knowledge of the game.

I have no idea what Atlanta sees in Okoro.  My list has changed to

1) James Wiseman

2) Killian Hayes

3) Omyeka Okongwu

4) Obi Toppin

21 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I have no idea what Atlanta sees in Okoro.  My list has changed to

1) James Wiseman

2) Killian Hayes

3) Omyeka Okongwu

4) Obi Toppin

The prevailing opinion is the Hawks still need a wing for depth.  I think this is true but I bucked at the idea of adding that via a lotto pick.  That said, another prevailing opinion on wangs is that you can't have too many.  I question this as well.  However, I've heard several different NBA folks say this.

Okoro's appeal is his size, athleticism, defense combination.  The offense is seen as something he can add via development.  If he had it (+ offensive ability) he'd be considered the clear #1 prospect.  So I guess that's "what Atlanta sees in Okoro".

For me, Vassell is as good a defensive prospect as Okoro, if not better.  The difference appears to be size and offensive potential.  Vassell is seen as more of a limited guy in that regard.

I won't fight you on Wiseman but I'll add some info on him.  Most people see him as a mid-teens, early-20's prospect.  Taking him in the top10 would be seen as a huge reach and a bad pick considering what we added at the deadline.  I've heard him described as having Capela be his ceiling because the offense he's shown isn't sustainable at the next level. - I don't disagree with this but it's jmho.

Toppin would also be considered a reach at our pick.  And a bad pick actually, btw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wiseman

This is the biggest hit or miss for me. I THINK he’s gonna bust. But I have been wrong before. They said David Robinson and I saw a few highlights. Then I saw some more, granted high school or whatever, I don’t see heart ❤️. It’s a stupid thing to say because you can’t see somebody’s heart but when he plays, I see Dwight Howard’s heart beating more than the admiral. 

I would almost rather completely stay away from him. 

ps If we do draft Wiseman and Wiseman and Trae form a formidable duo, scratch the previous statement from my record. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

How many times do you think Billy Knight hits or kicks something in rage when he hears eggsperts saying this these days?

I know!  I heard some eggspert touting the Warriors for the switching defense thing and I'm like, "WTF?!  Woody and Bill Knight were doin' that 10 years ago and folks were laughing at them!"

Talk about being punished for being ahead of their time.  Yeah he messed up as a GM, but Knight's vision is basically what a lot of the NBA is right now.

And Woody deserves to be a head coach!  It's a travesty!  It's a mockery!  It's a traveshamockery!

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And Woody deserves to be a head coach!  It's a travesty!  It's a mockery!  It's a traveshamockery!

It’s a SCHLENKDICKERY!!!! 🥳 

... (birds chirping)..

😐 (room clears)..  🚶 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I know!  I heard some eggspert touting the Warriors for the switching defense thing and I'm like, "WTF?!  Woody and Bill Knight were doin' that 10 years ago and folks were laughing at them!"

Talk about being punished for being ahead of their time.  Yeah he messed up as a GM, but Knight's vision is basically what a lot of the NBA is right now.

When you have great players, suddenly whatever strategy you are employing is genius.  When your team isn't very good, you get changed out for someone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Okoro's appeal is his size, athleticism, defense combination.  The offense is seen as something he can add via development.  If he had it (+ offensive ability) he'd be considered the clear #1 prospect.  So I guess that's "what Atlanta sees in Okoro".

Okoro is a waste of a lottery pick!   He is 6'6" and can't play offense.  Sound familiar?  No thanks!

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I like the CBS mock draft.  Hali the Hawk !!

:sun:

Haliburton can't play a lick of defense and is like 160 lbs with a weird slow release set shot that won't fly in the NBA,  Give me Hayes all day.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

.  I've heard him described as having Capela be his ceiling because the offense he's shown isn't sustainable at the next level. - I don't disagree with this but it's jmho.

Capela is a career 52% free throw shooter. Wiseman is over 70% now at 19. So no his ceiling on offense isn't Capela

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's shooting 0% right now.

Now this doesn't make any sense.  He has a history in high school and College.  Most scouts follow a trajectory.  Capela was not a good offensive player over seas.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Now this doesn't make any sense.  He has a history in high school and College.  So most scouts follow a trajectory.  Capela was not a good offensive player over seas.

What kind of player do you think Wiseman is going to be?  He's more Deyonta Davis than Chris Bosh.  Don't fall for the okeydoke.

• Like 2