• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Question, please define SG skills vs SF skills in this NBA.  What would you consider Paul George?  Most consider him a SF, but the clippers list him as their SG.

rebounding and guarding bigger stronger wing players.  occasionally guarding front court players during a switch.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

rebounding and guarding bigger stronger wing players.  occasionally guarding front court players during a switch.

Cam is capable of all those things though.  To me Cam is more versatile than Hunter, right now.  I'm like draft as many high end players as possible. If Huerter and Hunter end up on your bench because the Hawks drafted better players, that's a great problem to have. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Cam is capable of all those things though.  To me Cam is more versatile than Hunter, right now.  I'm like draft as many high end players as possible. If Huerter and Hunter end up on your bench because the Hawks drafted better players, that's a great problem to have. 

Just not going to happen.  Hunter is our starting small forward going forward.

• Like 1

Anthony Edwards signed with the same agent as Trae Young and Cam Reddish.  If Atlanta gets a top two pick, I think you can book Edwards to Atl. 

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Anthony-Edwards-NBA-Draft-Georgia-145221558/

Edwards signed this week with Octagon agent Omar Wilkes for his professional representation, per multiple sources. Wilkes has represented top 10 picks -- Trae Young and Cam Reddish -- in each of the past two NBA Drafts.

I'm torn between Edwards and Ball, but leaning towards Edwards because of his athleticsm.  He does need to improve his handle, but considering he and Ball are so young, I'd be happy with either one. 

Killian Hayes is my third prospect after these two. 

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Anthony Edwards signed with the same agent as Trae Young and Cam Reddish.  If Atlanta gets a top two pick, I think you can book Edwards to Atl. 

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Anthony-Edwards-NBA-Draft-Georgia-145221558/

I'm torn between Edwards and Ball, but leaning towards Edwards because of his athleticsm.  He does need to improve his handle, but considering he and Ball are so young, I'd be happy with either one. 

Killian Hayes is my third prospect after these two. 

I don't think who's someone's agent is would be Schlenk's primary criteria when choosing a player.

18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Edwards makes bad decisions, Can't shoot, terrible play maker and doesn't play defense.  What do people see in this guy? Plus the Hawks already have 2 young shooting guards on the roster so where does Edwards fit in?

An 18 year old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, gurpilo said:

If Travis think Skal is our backup PF there is no point in drafting Toppin. Toppin is a bad defender, if Parker did not work here, Toppin neither.

Our holes are at backup PG and another wing, is also questionable is Dedmon is our backup solution at C as I think after next year he is gone to have cap space for 2021. 
Haliburton, Okongwu, Edwards, Wiseman, Hayes all fill the need. About backup wing I do not see anyone worth spending a high draft pick.

Okoro would be a nice fit.

• Like 2

hace 14 horas, Peoriabird dijo:

Hunter will be the Hawk's starting small forward going forward.  I don't know why this is in question by Hawks fans.  Cam has more shooting guard skills than small forward.  We need a real back up small forward rather than do the LP and place players out of position like he regularly does which leads to losses.

I am sorry but Hunter, Cam, Huerter have not shown enough to consider them as a full time starters in the Hawks. Only Collins and Trae have shown real star potential and Capela at Houston as well. If we think we have a shot in the draft  at a star wing we really need it. Only Cam has shown in my opinion enough on the court to be considered a future reliable starter wing and even with that his stats and metrics are awful as they are for Hunter and Huerter. I consider Hunter could become a starter and will be a contributor for years but he still has not shown enough. 

7 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I am sorry but Hunter, Cam, Huerter have not shown enough to consider them as a full time starters in the Hawks. Only Collins and Trae have shown real star potential and Capela at Houston as well. If we think we have a shot in the draft  at a star wing we really need it. Only Cam has shown in my opinion enough on the court to be considered a future reliable starter wing and even with that his stats and metrics are awful as they are for Hunter and Huerter. I consider Hunter could become a starter and will be a contributor for years but he still has not shown enough. 

YOull  probably be saying the same thing about whoever we draft after 1 year in the league..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pre-Draft Rules:

That sounds even more rigid than when colleges recruit high school players. Man....but then colleges don't really follow the rules much anyway. With this setup for now do wonder if we will see fines handed out to a couple of franchises over the next few weeks.