Let's Talk Draft Picks


Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member
24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Question, please define SG skills vs SF skills in this NBA.  What would you consider Paul George?  Most consider him a SF, but the clippers list him as their SG.

rebounding and guarding bigger stronger wing players.  occasionally guarding front court players during a switch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new Big board update. Tier 3.5: Decent Role player potential with All-Star possibilities down the road. I do see these guys as Day 1 contributors to a degree. 1t. LaMelo Ball - Low floor

Yesssss!!! 💡 on again! 🥳 

Horford >> Toppin   (In before Supes)

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

rebounding and guarding bigger stronger wing players.  occasionally guarding front court players during a switch.

Cam is capable of all those things though.  To me Cam is more versatile than Hunter, right now.  I'm like draft as many high end players as possible. If Huerter and Hunter end up on your bench because the Hawks drafted better players, that's a great problem to have. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Cam is capable of all those things though.  To me Cam is more versatile than Hunter, right now.  I'm like draft as many high end players as possible. If Huerter and Hunter end up on your bench because the Hawks drafted better players, that's a great problem to have. 

Just not going to happen.  Hunter is our starting small forward going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony Edwards signed with the same agent as Trae Young and Cam Reddish.  If Atlanta gets a top two pick, I think you can book Edwards to Atl. 

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Anthony-Edwards-NBA-Draft-Georgia-145221558/

Quote

Edwards signed this week with Octagon agent Omar Wilkes for his professional representation, per multiple sources. Wilkes has represented top 10 picks -- Trae Young and Cam Reddish -- in each of the past two NBA Drafts.

 

I'm torn between Edwards and Ball, but leaning towards Edwards because of his athleticsm.  He does need to improve his handle, but considering he and Ball are so young, I'd be happy with either one. 

Killian Hayes is my third prospect after these two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Anthony Edwards signed with the same agent as Trae Young and Cam Reddish.  If Atlanta gets a top two pick, I think you can book Edwards to Atl. 

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Anthony-Edwards-NBA-Draft-Georgia-145221558/

 

I'm torn between Edwards and Ball, but leaning towards Edwards because of his athleticsm.  He does need to improve his handle, but considering he and Ball are so young, I'd be happy with either one. 

Killian Hayes is my third prospect after these two. 

 I don't think who's someone's agent is would be Schlenk's primary criteria when choosing a player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Edwards makes bad decisions, Can't shoot, terrible play maker and doesn't play defense.  What do people see in this guy? Plus the Hawks already have 2 young shooting guards on the roster so where does Edwards fit in?

An 18 year old.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gurpilo said:

If Travis think Skal is our backup PF there is no point in drafting Toppin. Toppin is a bad defender, if Parker did not work here, Toppin neither.

Our holes are at backup PG and another wing, is also questionable is Dedmon is our backup solution at C as I think after next year he is gone to have cap space for 2021. 
Haliburton, Okongwu, Edwards, Wiseman, Hayes all fill the need. About backup wing I do not see anyone worth spending a high draft pick.

Okoro would be a nice fit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 14 horas, Peoriabird dijo:

Hunter will be the Hawk's starting small forward going forward.  I don't know why this is in question by Hawks fans.  Cam has more shooting guard skills than small forward.  We need a real back up small forward rather than do the LP and place players out of position like he regularly does which leads to losses.

I am sorry but Hunter, Cam, Huerter have not shown enough to consider them as a full time starters in the Hawks. Only Collins and Trae have shown real star potential and Capela at Houston as well. If we think we have a shot in the draft  at a star wing we really need it. Only Cam has shown in my opinion enough on the court to be considered a future reliable starter wing and even with that his stats and metrics are awful as they are for Hunter and Huerter. I consider Hunter could become a starter and will be a contributor for years but he still has not shown enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I am sorry but Hunter, Cam, Huerter have not shown enough to consider them as a full time starters in the Hawks. Only Collins and Trae have shown real star potential and Capela at Houston as well. If we think we have a shot in the draft  at a star wing we really need it. Only Cam has shown in my opinion enough on the court to be considered a future reliable starter wing and even with that his stats and metrics are awful as they are for Hunter and Huerter. I consider Hunter could become a starter and will be a contributor for years but he still has not shown enough. 

YOull  probably be saying the same thing about whoever we draft after 1 year in the league..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pre-Draft Rules:

 

 

That sounds even more rigid than when colleges recruit high school players. Man....but then colleges don't really follow the rules much anyway. With this setup for now do wonder if we will see fines handed out to a couple of franchises over the next few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.