Let's Talk Draft Picks


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hasheem Wiseman.

Ooh, that's cold spud.  Real col'.

I was preparing to board a flight from DC to Atlanta.  The plane had arrived and we were waiting for folks to get off (so we can board).

All of a sudden, Hasheem Thabeet loafs off the plane.  I just shook my head.  Man was the #2 pick, now folks in Dulles just look up like, "Dang that random passenger's tall."

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new Big board update. Tier 3.5: Decent Role player potential with All-Star possibilities down the road. I do see these guys as Day 1 contributors to a degree. 1t. LaMelo Ball - Low floor

This is one of those drafts where i'm glad we got some experts figuring it out.  I mean I got us Trae, it's time for Travis to do some work.

Horford >> Toppin   (In before Supes)

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, that's cold spud.  Real col'.

I was preparing to board a flight from DC to Atlanta.  The plane had arrived and we were waiting for folks to get off (so we can board).

All of a sudden, Hasheem Thabeet loafs off the plane.  I just shook my head.  Man was the #2 pick, now folks in Dulles just look up like, "Dang that random passenger's tall."

That’s dope. I saw Steve Young at San Jose airport like around 2006, we locked eyes 👀, he knew that I knew who he was but it seemed everyone else didn’t for some odd reason. Well, let’s face it he doesn’t stand out like a Yao or anything. I didn’t wanna bother him, plus I hate the niners 😂.

 

Oh and this one time in Los Gatos where I was talkin it to Patrick Willis, another niner, long story short I was talking to a girl he was talking to after he left and I said what’s Willis like? She said I don’t know he said he likes to cuddle. 🤭 Ahhhhhhhh good times!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member

Knicks get the #1 pick and take Edwards...Boooo.

Hawks at #2....😳

Quote

No. 2: Atlanta Hawks: Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)

The Hawks expected the Knicks to take Ball at No. 1 because of New York’s glaring need of a point guard. Edwards could certainly play the position — if that’s what the Knicks view him as — but he’s much better suited as a two-guard, in my opinion. Because the Hawks don’t need to draft their point guard of the future because they have Trae Young, their options at No. 2 are limited. The Hawks also don’t need a center after having traded for Clint Capela and Dewayne Dedmon at the trade deadline, plus I don’t think Memphis’ James Wiseman or USC’s Onyeka Okongwu make for the best fits with the way Atlanta’s roster is constructed. 

If this scenario played out on draft night, it would be surprising if the Hawks did not call point guard-needy teams such as Detroit, Chicago or even Phoenix, to some degree, to see if they would be interested in grabbing Ball. It would behoove the Hawks to explore all trades, and maybe they could land an established young player in return. 

If they couldn’t trade out of this position, Deni Avdija has as much star potential as possibly anyone in this draft. Since the Israeli League resumed play, Avdija has quieted doubters on his shooting mechanics and has made over 40 percent of his attempts from 3. If Avdija can continue to show improvement with his shot, I see a point forward who can grab and go in transition. The Hawks don’t have a proven playmaker at the forward position. Cam Reddish has shown potential, and I don’t think De’Andre Hunter will be that kind of player, so Avdija would add that creation the Hawks currently don’t have at the 3 and 4. 

Players such as Florida State’s Devin Vassell, Auburn’s Isaac Okoro and Iowa State’s Tyrese Haliburton make sense for the Hawks, too, but at No. 2, it might be too big of a reach to grab any of those players who project as solid role players. — Chris Kirschner

Naaaaahhh!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knicks get the #1 pick and take Edwards...Boooo.

Hawks at #2....😳

Naaaaahhh!

That's horrible for both us and the Knicks.

I think we need to recognize we're more likely to pick at 7/8 than anywhere in the top 3.  I'm fine with that in this draft, sadly.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's horrible for both us and the Knicks.

I think we need to recognize we're more likely to pick at 7/8 than anywhere in the top 3.  I'm fine with that in this draft, sadly.

NO! ITS OUR TURN DAMNIT! (I think I said that in 2018 and 19..)

Im gonna simulate 10 times here we go.

1. 6th - Toppin

2. 4th -Wiseman 

3.  6th- Toppin

4.  7th- Toppin

5.  6th- Toppin

6.  2nd- LaMelo

7.  6th- Okongwu

8. 6th- Toppin

9. 4th- Deni

10. 3rd- Deni

 

Avg. Slot  5th

I think Supes was in the back there tuggin on the strings! We got Toppin 5/10 times wtf. Supes stop 🛑 controlling tankathon! Thanks 😊 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

NO! ITS OUR TURN DAMNIT! (I think I said that in 2018 and 19..)

Im gonna simulate 10 times here we go.

1. 6th - Toppin

2. 4th -Wiseman 

3.  6th- Toppin

4.  7th- Toppin

5.  6th- Toppin

6.  2nd- LaMelo

7.  6th- Okongwu

8. 6th- Toppin

9. 4th- Deni

10. 3rd- Deni

 

Avg. Slot  5th

I think Supes was in the back there tuggin on the strings! We got Toppin 5/10 times wtf. Supes stop 🛑 controlling tankathon! Thanks 😊 

 

 

Im fine with Edwards, Toppin, Haliburton, Vassel, Deni, Okoro, or even Wiseman or Okungwu, so a top 8 pick is ok this year....Im more concerned with FA's.....lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Slightly off topic but speaking of draft picks, apparently Bol Bol blew up yesterday:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bol-bol-puts-on-clinic-in-nba-bubble-exhibition-is-immediately-drug-tested-004524953.html

Anyone watch it?

I did. He looked pretty good. I wouldnt say he "blew up" though...lol

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Slightly off topic but speaking of draft picks, apparently Bol Bol blew up yesterday:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bol-bol-puts-on-clinic-in-nba-bubble-exhibition-is-immediately-drug-tested-004524953.html

Anyone watch it?

I saw the highlights last night and cheered for that kid loud at my pad. I liked his dad a lot, he autographed a shirt for me in 1988 at the mall. 
 

Drafted low, I felt bad for him.

He didn’t necessarily blow up. He made some good open court plays but it almost seems like those type of plays aren’t gonna be game changers in the playoffs but I’m glad he showed out. They had Jokic running the pg and Bol at sf it was the biggest lineup in the history of the league 😂. I thought @Sothron was given a chance to coach or something. 😂 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin

I am very concerned with this lottery ... its such a crap shoot ... much more then in years past.  There is no one that is really coming out as special to me ... I really don't know what we have as far as quality and NBA translation right now ... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am very concerned with this lottery ... its such a crap shoot ... much more then in years past.  There is no one that is really coming out as special to me ... I really don't know what we have as far as quality and NBA translation right now ... 

Edwards Onyeka or bust!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What a steal to get him in the 2nd. Good job Denver.

REmember it was just a scrimmage...Oh I didnt see SVG comments.. lol..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I do have to say, I still find him intriguing. I think he is a smart gamble.  If he doesn't pan out, he is a second round pick so who cares.  But if he does pan out, then he has the upside to be a huge get at that pick.  The "now I know he's an All-Star" stuff is premature, but I'd be pumped if he were on our roster and showed that well even in an exhibition.  

And I'd put this one in more of a "pre-season game" category than a "summer league" category since all these guys are rostered NBA players and not the sub-NBA-players-trying-to-make-a-splash that permeates much of summer play.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.