• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

BR new mock

4. Atlanta Hawks: James Wiseman (Memphis, C, Freshman)

4 OF 13

c7140df837f61cd22898e29b9ca48482_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top
Karen Pulfer Focht/Associated Press

The Atlanta Hawks might not care about filling needs if James Wiseman is still on the board. Opinions vary from scout to scout on his game and fit, but at No. 4, it's easy to picture Atlanta being too enticed by his 7'1" size, 7'6" wingspan and athleticism to settle on a perceived lower-upside player such as Deni Avdija, Tyrese Haliburton or Isaac Okoro.

And the Hawks' acquisition of Clint Capela, who has been injured, is limited offensively and has a tradable contract, shouldn't factor into the team's draft decision.

Wiseman would play behind Capela early on, but in Year 2 or 3, the Hawks could see more scoring ability around the block and mid-range touch from their 2020 first-rounder. In the meantime, he'll still give Trae Young a monster finishing/lob target and extra shot-blocking on defense.

Do It Travis!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

New CBS mock: 

We get Gwu. 👍🏾 

Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA • FR • 6'9" / 245 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

3rd

POSITION RNK

1st

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

25%
The youngest lottery prospect in the draft, Onyeka Okongwu is only cracking the surface of his talent on both sides of the ball, which is a scary thought. He's already an elite shot blocker with his 7-foot wingspan, and is agile and quick enough to handle perimeter switches. He can make an immediate impact on the defensive end, and his offensive game is surprisingly polished for a player his age. The shot isn't there yet, but he has good enough mechanics to develop that over the years. Okongwu could wind up being the best player in this draft when all is said and done.
Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

3rd

POSITION RNK

1st

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

25%
The youngest lottery prospect in the draft, Onyeka Okongwu is only cracking the surface of his talent on both sides of the ball, which is a scary thought. He's already an elite shot blocker with his 7-foot wingspan, and is agile and quick enough to handle perimeter switches. He can make an immediate impact on the defensive end, and his offensive game is surprisingly polished for a player his age. The shot isn't there yet, but he has good enough mechanics to develop that over the years. Okongwu could wind up being the best player in this draft when all is said and done.

Round 1 - Pick 4

Onyeka Okongwu C

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

3rd

POSITION RNK

1st

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

25%

Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

3rd

POSITION RNK

1st

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

25%

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes not that big yet..lol

He's headed that way if he and the Pels don't get it in check. He needs a complete offseason overhaul of his diet, conditioning and exercise routine.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's headed that way if he and the Pels don't get it in check. He needs a complete offseason overhaul of his diet, conditioning and exercise routine.

he did it already apparently before the excused absence from the bubble but lost it in just 2 weeks.  Dude will be overseas in 5-6 years!

47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

he did it already apparently before the excused abscess from the bubble but lost it in just 2 weeks.  Dude will be overseas in 5-6 years!

I wouldnt go that far..lol. But how funny would it be if Cam and Deandre ended up having better careers...😄

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Zion is so out of shape right now.....JJJ taking him to school...

I was listening to the PeliCant's broadcast.  I swear the sequence went stte.

- Well JJJ's just gonna hit another 3 over Zion, why not?

- Uh, JJJ's takin Zion right to the basket ...again.

- Zion's just sittin in the corner right now, ya gotta .... yeah, the Cant's just called timeout to get Zion off the floor.

😆

ETA: On another note, where's everybody with the Bol Bol highlights?  Surely, now that the games count, he's beastin' right?

Oh, he's not?  Weird ... or not.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Michael Porter Jr is starting to look like the real deal, that is the type of players you should invest when you are rebuilding. Same with Bol, Denver did a very good Job on the draft.

I was screaming for the hawks to move back in that draft and take Porter Jr! I never understood why Schlenk let an injury scare him away . Porter Jr looked like a sure to be star once he stays healthy....this kid has everything you want in a scorer! 6’10 or 6’11...can put the ball on the floor....can shoot it....knows how to use his height on mismatches around the goal and perimeter and last but not least my personal favorite that I did not see him doing at Mizzou, the kid was damn awesome moving off ball yesterday !

He keeps that up Denver is going to be an even bigger problem than they already were. Giving jokic a guy like this is going to put them closer to the elite club. I can easily see porter jr being their top scorer as early as next season while jokic runs the show as the playmaker he is.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

I was screaming for the hawks to move back in that draft and take Porter Jr! I never understood why Schlenk let an injury scare him away . Porter Jr looked like a sure to be star once he stays healthy....this kid has everything you want in a scorer! 6’10 or 6’11...can put the ball on the floor....can shoot it....knows how to use his height on mismatches around the goal and perimeter and last but not least my personal favorite that I did not see him doing at Mizzou, the kid was damn awesome moving off ball yesterday !

We traded back from #3 to #5 and took Trae and Cam a year later. 

So are you saying we should not have taken Trae and moved back again? For who and what additional compensation?

We then took Huerter at #19. Or are you saying move up from #19 to try and snag him? I remember the Hawks were planning a swap with the Bucks at #17 for #19 and #30. Then it was leaked that they were taking DiVincenzo so Hawks pulled out. What'd you think it would have cost to move back up to #14 to take Porter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Michael Porter Jr is starting to look like the real deal, that is the type of players you should invest when you are rebuilding. Same with Bol, Denver did a very good Job on the draft.

I disagree - if you are in a complete rebuild you don't take a player with his injury history, especially when the rest of the draft was as talented and strong as it was.

That was a risk Denver could and should take since they were not a rebuilding team. They already had their star player in Jokic plus a plethora of up and coming younger players in Murray, Harris etc.

Would you have been ok taking him instead of Trae and have him sit out that 1st year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree - if you are in a complete rebuild you don't take a player with his injury history, especially when the rest of the draft was as talented and strong as it was.

That was a risk Denver could and should take since they were not a rebuilding team. They already had their star player in Jokic plus a plethora of up and coming younger players in Murray, Harris etc.

Would you have been ok taking him instead of Trae and have him sit out that 1st year?

Lotta hindsight-is-20/20-vision'ing going on right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lotta hindsight-is-20/20-vision'ing going on right now.

Not with Bol Bol.  With MPJr, he was a top 3 guy until the injury.  He becomes a huge wildcard at that point.  I like the pick for Denver - especially since they already had a strong base talent level on that team.  If he breaks out, that could push them from also-ran to contender status but if he busts they are still a playoff team.  High floor (for the team), high ceiling scenario.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We traded back from #3 to #5 and took Trae and Cam a year later. 

So are you saying we should not have taken Trae and moved back again? For who and what additional compensation?

We then took Huerter at #19. Or are you saying move up from #19 to try and snag him? I remember the Hawks were planning a swap with the Bucks at #17 for #19 and #30. Then it was leaked that they were taking DiVincenzo so Hawks pulled out. What'd you think it would have cost to move back up to #14 to take Porter.

Yes after we got trae and porter jr started to fall I wanted the hawks to move back up in the lottery at 14 somehow to get porter Jr....now of course I don’t know if Schlenk could have really done that but I have a great feeling he could have pulled it off  . Yes I would have packaged the 19th pick and a player not Collins but something to move to 14 and take the then injured porter jr. just from a fan perspective I felt like it was extremely possible to get an injured player who teams are passing by because his injury history is scaring them off.

That’s literally the only reason he fell but since we KNEW we weren’t going to have a winning record the next season anyways, that to me is when you take your risk especially with a injured player with that kind of top 5 potential....after we got the guy we wanted in Trae we should have been trying desperately to move back up to get porter jr....now I like cam and hunter  a lot but I’m a sucker for the 6’10 or 6’11 hoopers who can score like that even if they have a bad defense reputation.

hawks were 16th in scoring this season despite some bad shooting from the vets but I’m not convinced YET that Collins can be our 2nd long term scoring option next to Trae. It’s no disrespect to Collins he will always get 20pts plus per game because he’s so great at off ball movement and personally I think he’s the best big man at it but we need another guy who can score and drop 20 on their own when need be in my opinion and Collins isn’t a guy you give the ball consistently and say go get me a bucket...with that said what I love about JC is that he allows us to have a big scoring 3 that can drop 20 pts each per game along with Traes playmaking so either way we are in a unique situation that many rebuild team’s aren’t fortunate enough to be in .

this is also one of the reasons I want Edwards so bad in the draft though the fit may not be the best i know it will work. However I’m still high on cams potential to be able to fill the needed other scoring role as well.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Yes after we got trae and porter jr started to fall I wanted the hawks to move back up in the lottery at 14 somehow to get porter Jr....now of course I don’t know if Schlenk could have really done that but I have a great feeling he could have pulled it off  . Yes I would have packaged the 19th pick and a player not Collins but something to move to 14 and take the then injured porter jr. just from a fan perspective I felt like it was extremely possible to get an injured player who teams are passing by because his injury history is scaring them off.

It takes another team wanting to move down for that to happen. IIRC Denver was actually looking to move up not down. 

#19 and #30 moved you upped 2 spots, what did we have beside future 1sts to add to move up into the lottery? 

It's easy to say move up but actually harder to do.

• Thanks 1