• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t think the hawks see hunter as a full time 3 at all in this era.

He only played like 90% of the time at the 3.  Strange way of indicating that you don't like a guy playing a position that he started every game playing.  Y'all keep putting Cam at the 3 and he play 90% of his game time at the 2.  Heck Pierce preferred to play Vince Carter at the 4 over Hunter so i don't know what y'all were watching.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He only played like 90% of the time at the 3.  Strange way of indicating that you don't like a guy playing a position that he started every game playing.  Y'all keep putting Cam at the 3 and he play 90% of his game time at the 2.  Heck Pierce preferred to play Vince Carter at the 4 over Hunter so i don't know what y'all were watching.

Calm down we know what happened on the court this past season. Move on. There have been too many interviews with LP and Schlenk stating that they are still trying to figure out where hunter fits best at..SF or PF...this was after the season ended. No need to be hooked on anything that happened this season ..the only positions that are a lock is pg, pf, c...

I would look up the quotes for you but it’s a waste of time if you’re now just learning that the hawks aren’t all in on hunter as a 3. It’s been stated plenty of times now.
Cam played more 2 because huerter was hurt a lot this season that doesn’t mean that’s where they see him going forward.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I totally agree with you, peo.

I know, I never thought it would happen either.

Ahhh 😌 I hate to say this but you seem to be “hatin” a lot lately bro. Scratch that when was the last time you honestly liked a player. I mean, I guess everyone gets labeled, I was labeled as “liking” too many but objectively, from an outsiders point of view, slam the breaks on the hate man. Somebody is gonna make it whether you want it or not so what’s your beef with Edwards. You too Peo. It’s hard to even side with Peo on stuff cuz he contradicts himself on players he likes and dislikes. :dolfan23:

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ahhh 😌 I hate to say this but you seem to be “hatin” a lot lately bro. Scratch that when was the last time you honestly liked a player. I mean, I guess everyone gets labeled, I was labeled as “liking” too many but objectively, from an outsiders point of view, slam the breaks on the hate man. Somebody is gonna make it whether you want it or not so what’s your beef with Edwards. You too Peo. It’s hard to even side with Peo on stuff cuz he contradicts himself on players he likes and dislikes. :dolfan23:

I don't think he knows how to play basketball.  And is lazy.  Not typically a recipe for success.  So far, it hasnt hurt him personally (other than the losing).

But being picked highly makes it less likely a player Iike that will work to actually succeed.  He's basically made it, as a top pick.  So I'm afraid it's gonna catch up at some point.

Some folks think the path to success for him is as an OKC-Harden role.  I guess.  Maybe he can be what Norm Powell is?  Maybe.

I dunno but I don't think I'm being unfair.

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Get Lamelo here. I want a Trae/Melo combo at guard. Zeke and Magic. Nash and Kidd, I’m all for this.

This is actually true. Some do love him but I wouldn't say this is a widely shared view.

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Brad Rowland and Tyler Jones likes Issac Okoro better than they like Anthony Edward although Tyler Jones admits that you probably have to take Edwards when given the choice between the 2 because Edwards does have superstar potential and Okoro is like Millsap.  Interesting to say the least.

I like Okoro fit with the Hawks a million times more than Edwards but would I take him ahead of Ant? No

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It doesnt mean anything....yet! Edwards has to actually beat out Huerter and Cam for minutes.  He's not going to be GIVEN the starting role even if he is the #1 pick.

It's too soon to tell and definitely too soon to worry about moving any of our players.

Position Break down (primary/secondary)

Huerter: SG/PG

Reddish: SG/SF

Hunter: SF/PF

Collins: PF/C

The Hawks need depth and some of these young players will provide it, it just needs to play out.

Fans of Edwards keep pushing him to the starting 2 spot when he's likely never to start with Trae Young.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Okoro fit with the Hawks a million times more than Edwards but would I take him ahead of Ant? No

We would have to take Ant over Okoro because of talent. But Ant has huge bust potential, by bust I mean empty calories chucker that doesn't help you win. Not hardcore bust or anything.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We would have to take Ant over Okoro because of talent. But Ant has huge bust potential, by bust I mean empty calories chucker that doesn't help you win. Not hardcore bust or anything.

Ant doesn't have bust potential though. He's at least going to be an elite 6th man with upside to be a lot more. Okoro doesn't have bust potential either but he will take awhile. The Hawks have time and money to develop. 

Ant issue is if you start him day 1. I am a believer that the Hawks need to bring him off the bench till be dominates off the bench which should be sooner than later with his exceptional talent level.

Okoro on the other hand is a much better defender and overall balance skill set but he needs time as his shot just isn't there yet even if the touch is. He just needs time. 

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you don't like the fit with Trae then why take him?

The same reason why the Thunder drafted James Harden when they had Russell Westbrook. You don't pass on talents like Anthony. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Norm Powell

You know who else they said was “Norman Powell like”? Donovan Mitchell. I’ll tel you right now, Edwards might be more vicious that Mitchell and Mitchell is a bad boy.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is actually true.

Ya your people are gonna start to love him in a day or two. 😉 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ant doesn't have bust potential though. He's at least going to be an elite 6th man with upside to be a lot more. Okoro doesn't have bust potential either but he will take awhile. The Hawks have time and money to develop. 

Ant issue is if you start him day 1. I am a believer that the Hawks need to bring him off the bench till be dominates off the bench which should be sooner than later with his exceptional talent level.

Okoro on the other hand is a much better defender and overall balance skill set but he needs time as his shot just isn't there yet even if the touch is. He just needs time. 

The same reason why the Thunder drafted James Harden when they had Russell Westbrook. You don't pass on talents like Anthony. 

Is Ant wired to be a great NBA player though? Some guys lose their edge once they get millions in the bank. This is a guy who has never been asked to play defense, never been asked to share the ball much. I just wonder if he's ready for the grind of an NBA season, ready for a role he's completely unfamiliar with. But he's a great teammate by all accounts though, so that is a strong plus for him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Fans of Edwards keep pushing him to the starting 2 spot when he's likely never to start with Trae Young.

I don’t believe this to be true. In fact, I like the Trae/Ant 🐜 backcourt. Edwards can take a TON of pressure off Trae more than Huerter or Cam did or even do now.

Edwards attacks the hoop and is an attacking type of live body who searches for his offense very aggressively, which forces the defense to act or react, this causing Trae to run off the ball 🏀 and present a threat while Edwards also presents a threat.

Huerter goes East/west with his dribbles and is never 💯 committed to gettin to his desired space on the floor. Cam was getting there towards the end of last season but was very passive initially as well.

We need another guy with Trae’s balls 🥜 on the floor who isn’t afraid of the big moment even as a rookie. I’d be more than happy to pair Edwards with Trae in the backcourt. We have to assimilate as much talent as we can. This is probably our last shot at a lottery pick (hopefully) in a loooooooong time.

We can’t say we approach with BPA strategy in the draft if we don’t actually do it when it comes down to it. I’m taking Edwards or Ball over Wiseman for sure. Probably 1/2 2/1 in that order for me right now for us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t believe this to be true. In fact, I like the Trae/Ant 🐜 backcourt. Edwards can take a TON of pressure off Trae more than Huerter or Cam did or even do now.

Edwards attacks the hoop and is an attacking type of live body who searches for his offense very aggressively, which forces the defense to act or react, this causing Trae to run off the ball 🏀 and present a threat while Edwards also presents a threat.

Huerter goes East/west with his dribbles and is never 💯 committed to gettin to his desired space on the floor. Cam was getting there towards the end of last season but was very passive initially as well.

We need another guy with Trae’s balls 🥜 on the floor who isn’t afraid of the big moment even as a rookie. I’d be more than happy to pair Edwards with Trae in the backcourt. We have to assimilate as much talent as we can. This is probably our last shot at a lottery pick (hopefully) in a loooooooong time.

We can’t say we approach with BPA strategy in the draft if we don’t actually do it when it comes down to it. I’m taking Edwards or Ball over Wiseman for sure. Probably 1/2 2/1 in that order for me right now for us.

What about Cam and Ant? They are both ideally shooting guards. I know you draft talent and figure it out everything later, but it's a fair question.