• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Saying he has "no" bust potential is ludicrous.  It's more accurate to say he has multiple avenues to be a contributor due to his size and athleticism. 

However, that's been the case for many guys who have busted.

Did I do you wrong with Luka or Zion..yet, no, did I call Keldon Johnson and Mikal Bridges, uh huh, this kid isn’t the one you wanna put that bust potential on. He’s not the one. 

I just feel like there’s something about this kid’s mentality on the court that’s very 🦁 ish. One thing that is his weakness right now and that’s ok at this stage is his level of patience to let the play develop. That’ll come with time. 

I dunno man I think he’s got an Iverson/Westbrook alpha in him. 

So you honestly wouldn’t be excited about a :

Trae/Edwards/Huerter/Cam/Hunter/Collins/ Capela magnificent 7? 🤔 I drool 🤤 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did I do you wrong with Luka or Zion..yet, no, did I call Keldon Johnson and Mikal Bridges, uh huh, this kid isn’t the one you wanna put that bust potential on. He’s not the one. 

I just feel like there’s something about this kid’s mentality on the court that’s very 🦁 ish. One thing that is his weakness right now and that’s ok at this stage is his level of patience to let the play develop. That’ll come with time. 

I dunno man I think he’s got an Iverson/Westbrook alpha in him. 

So you honestly wouldn’t be excited about a :

Trae/Edwards/Huerter/Cam/Hunter/Collins/ Capela magnificent 7? 🤔 I drool 🤤 

Eh, if he ends up being Norm Powell, I guess thats ok.  I won't go any further than that.

Eta. There's major red flags here, homes.

Edited by kg01

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, if he ends up being Norm Powell, I guess thats ok.  I won't go any further than that.

Eta. There's major red flags here, homes.

Powell was taken in the 2nd round though. All things considered, Powell has out played his draft selection. Taking him #1 overall would be bad.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Powell was taken in the 2nd round though. All things considered, Powell has out played his draft selection. Taking him #1 overall would be bad.

Eh, I was trying to bridge the gap.  I don't think the kid is gonna pan out.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m taking Edwards or Ball over Wiseman for sure. Probably 1/2 2/1 in that order for me right now for us.

2 of the worse defenders in the lottery who can't shoot.  Defense wins and it helps if you can shoot also.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

2 of the worse defenders in the lottery who can't shoot.  Defense wins and it helps if you can shoot also.

Edwards can probably shoot, but he's streaky and will go ice cold sometimes. He can hit really tough shots when he's on though. Ball probably cant shoot too great, but he's a crafty scorer. 

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I think's it more that he takes bad shots than that he can't shoot. 

What's the difference?  You are what your numbers say you are.  And this is a EFG of a ultra athletic guy who finishes around the rim at a high rate.

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What's the difference?  You are what your numbers say you are.  And this is a EFG of a ultra athletic guy who finishes around the rim at a high rate.

It's kinda like when we drafted Reddish. You're betting on upside, you already know the freshman numbers aren't great.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's kinda like when we drafted Reddish. You're betting on upside, you already know the freshman numbers aren't great.

Reddish was the 10th pick not the 1st pick plus people are still trying to replace Reddish with Edwards.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

If I’m at pick 1 or 2 I take Edwards or Ball, if I drop down to 5-8 I take Gwu, who by the way is a very good defender.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Saying he has "no" bust potential is ludicrous.  It's more accurate to say he has multiple avenues to be a contributor due to his size and athleticism. 

However, that's been the case for many guys who have busted.

Neither of these guys are going to be Ben McLemore or Stanley Johnson where they wash out of the league in four years. That's a bust to me. A disappointment like Marvin isn't a bust to me. Maybe you have a different view of what bust is compared to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t believe this to be true. In fact, I like the Trae/Ant 🐜 backcourt. Edwards can take a TON of pressure off Trae more than Huerter or Cam did or even do now.

Edwards attacks the hoop and is an attacking type of live body who searches for his offense very aggressively, which forces the defense to act or react, this causing Trae to run off the ball 🏀 and present a threat while Edwards also presents a threat.

Huerter goes East/west with his dribbles and is never 💯 committed to gettin to his desired space on the floor. Cam was getting there towards the end of last season but was very passive initially as well.

We need another guy with Trae’s balls 🥜 on the floor who isn’t afraid of the big moment even as a rookie. I’d be more than happy to pair Edwards with Trae in the backcourt. We have to assimilate as much talent as we can. This is probably our last shot at a lottery pick (hopefully) in a loooooooong time.

We can’t say we approach with BPA strategy in the draft if we don’t actually do it when it comes down to it. I’m taking Edwards or Ball over Wiseman for sure. Probably 1/2 2/1 in that order for me right now for us.

Y'all that like Ant see him higher than I do and i think i see him highly but I don't think he's close to being helpful to winning Basketball. Cam does help as does Hunter and Kev even if it's not a lot. Ant is a talent grab at this stage

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Neither of these guys are going to be Ben McLemore or Stanley Johnson where they wash out of the league in four years. That's a bust to me. A disappointment like Marvin isn't a bust to me. Maybe you have a different view of what bust is compared to me.

McLemore is still in the league and having a pretty good season for the Rockets.

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

McLemore is still in the league and having a pretty good season for the Rockets.

This year is this year. If you look at his overall career, would you say he's been a bust? Same for Stanley Johnson