• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Neither of these guys are going to be Ben McLemore or Stanley Johnson where they wash out of the league in four years. That's a bust to me. A disappointment like Marvin isn't a bust to me. Maybe you have a different view of what bust is compared to me.

I could see a trajectory like Stanley Johnson who's a guy that had all the athletic tools too.

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

McLemore is still in the league and having a pretty good season for the Rockets.

The Kings didn't draft him 6 or whatever years ago for him to eek out a halfway decent season for some other team.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam does help as does Hunter and Kev even if it's not a lot.

Well they haven’t yet so until they do or one wants to step up then I keep selecting the best talent available and let them battle. At this point, I can’t call any of them winners or guys that play “winning” basketball 🏀 until they actually start winning. Nobody gets a pass. Earn your keep brotha, don’t be a deadbeat tagalong waiting to get labeled n $hit.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This year is this year. If you look at his overall career, would you say he's been a bust? Same for Stanley Johnson 

You said he washed out of the league after 4 years. I was just correcting you.

I consider him and Marvin to be busts. Marvin was better, but he was the 2nd pick and had higher expectations.

Edited by High5

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

EFG% of 47.3 doesn't tell me he can shoot.

A 47.3% efg% isn’t that bad.  Could be better but for a teenage shooting guard it isn’t terrible.

Allen Iverson efg% 45.2%

Steve Smith 47.6%
Kobe Bryant 48.2%

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

A 47.3% efg% isn’t that bad.  Could be better but for a teenage shooting guard it isn’t terrible.

This is a guy that is a great athlete who gets many of his points from dunks...If this were the only flaw..maybe but it ain't.  Dude doesn't care about winning.  Doesn't care about playing defense with low BBIQ.  I would consider him outside the top 6 but not #1.  Ball either.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is a guy that is a great athlete who gets many point from dunks...If this were the only flaw..maybe but it ain't.  Dude doesn't care about winning.  Doesn't care about playing defense with low BBIQ.  I would consider him outside the top 6 but not #1.  Ball either.

There isn’t a traditional #1 pick this year.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sell if we get it!

You can always sell it.  What is the price you can get?  That is the key question.  Price is lower in a year without a clear star and goes down further depending on where our pick falls.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

You can always sell it.  What is the price you can get?  That is the key question.  Price is lower in a year without a clear star and goes down further depending on where our pick falls.

Hopefully we don't win the lottery then

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Reddish was the 10th pick not the 1st pick plus people are still trying to replace Reddish with Edwards.

What the....!!!

how... just how in the hell did you determine that??!!!

no one in here is trying to replace reddish with Edwards 😂 

if anything most will probably  be replacing Edwards with hunter and moving reddish to the 3 if they could have it their way. Either way we are in a positionless era of just guards and forwards. So it don’t matter where a player like reddish plays because he literally can be a 2 or 3...he’s talented with enough potential to hold down either spot.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Well they haven’t yet so until they do or one wants to step up then I keep selecting the best talent available and let them battle. At this point, I can’t call any of them winners or guys that play “winning” basketball 🏀 until they actually start winning. Nobody gets a pass. Earn your keep brotha, don’t be a deadbeat tagalong waiting to get labeled n $hit.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ant ain't helping anymore than those three next year. I doubt he will be close.

8 hours ago, High5 said:

You said he washed out of the league after 4 years. I was just correcting you.

I consider him and Marvin to be busts. Marvin was better, but he was the 2nd pick and had higher expectations.

Marvin is not a bust to me. Just a pure disappointment for what was available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

That would be extremely stupid.  Even Cam's biggest fan admits that his best position is 2 guard.

Going into next season cam will be the 2...hunter will be the 3...regardless of who’s drafted no ones arguing that or shouldn’t be.
Any chance of any rookie we draft this offseason starting will come by injury only. Other then that most of these opinions of who’s starting are or should be future talk only based on how things pan out for this team.

and it’s not extremely stupid looking into the future to see a lineup of trae, Edwards, cam, Collins, capela! ...Will it happen now? No...is it possible in the future if we were to draft Edwards ? Absolutely!

If say all the players on the team reach their highest potential. Cam, Edwards both would be 2-way star  players offensively and defensively. All the potential is there with those two. Trae would be an offensive HOF point guard at his highest potential.  Collins/hunter highest potential TO ME would be a all star reserve talent ...that’s no knock on them that’s just how I see it.

on a talent level and if everyone were to reach their highest potential...Edwards wouldn’t seat trae or cam in my opinion but he absolutely can put hunter to the bench if he along with everyone reached their ceiling. Edwards has more potential and is more gifted than hunter. That of course doesn’t mean he’s for sure going to be a better player. Everyone has to prove their worth no matter how high or low their potential is.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JTB said:

Going into next season cam will be the 2...hunter will be the 3...regardless of who’s drafted no ones arguing that or shouldn’t be.
Any chance of any rookie we draft this offseason starting will come by injury only. Other then that most of these opinions of who’s starting are or should be future talk only based on how things pan out for this team.

and it’s not extremely stupid looking into the future to see a lineup of trae, Edwards, cam, Collins, capela! ...Will it happen now? No...is it possible in the future if we were to draft Edwards ? Absolutely!

If say all the players on the team reach their highest potential. Cam, Edwards both would be 2-way star  players offensively and defensively. All the potential is there with those two. Trae would be an offensive HOF point guard at his highest potential.  Collins/hunter highest potential TO ME would be a all star reserve talent ...that’s no knock on them that’s just how I see it.

on a talent level and if everyone were to reach their highest potential...Edwards wouldn’t seat trae or cam in my opinion but he absolutely can put hunter to the bench if he along with everyone reached their ceiling. Edwards has more potential and is more gifted than hunter. That of course doesn’t mean he’s for sure going to be a better player. Everyone has to prove their worth no matter how high or low their potential is.

Keep overrating Edwards.  He doesn't have a winning profile as a player while Hunter does.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Ant ain't helping anymore than those three next year. I doubt he will be close.

Not really the point I was addressing but ok. Just grab BPA and here we go on the burst bubble thing, Toppin ain’t helpin more than John Collins. :er:

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not really the point I was addressing but ok. Just grab BPA and here we go on the burst bubble thing, Toppin ain’t helpin more than John Collins. :er:

There is a massive difference between a stud like John Collins and some up and coming players like Kevin, Hunter, and Reddish. Unless we getting Zion, no one should produce as much as John right now as a rookie.

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is a massive difference between a stud like John Collins and some up and coming players like Kevin, Hunter, and Reddish. Unless we getting Zion, no one should produce as much as John right now as a rookie.

Huh 🤔? Yes I know this but for a while I was worried you didn’t with the Toppin talk.