• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok but when you did you expressed how he could step in and replace JC. 

Yes, and I was wrong. No rookie will fill in for Collins, not even rookie Zion. The question is, do I think he will be better, hell yeah I do. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Keep overrating Edwards.  He doesn't have a winning profile as a player while Hunter does.

I agree. People sleep on Hunter, and the versatility he brings..He just does without flare..We already have our splash player...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

I need more tape on Wiseman. I’m 95% sure I don’t love him but for some stupid reason I can see coming back to this post and seeing myself be wrong, but only 5%, but a weird vibe 5% like it’s almost gonna happen.

He reminds me of another player I was wrong about a bit. When Blake came out of Oklahoma in 2009 and was touted to be the first overall pick, I thought he would be a complete bust. Like not a star and not put up stats like he has in his career. I just thought his body was too rugged for the game and the style wouldn’t work, I was wrong. However, he hasn’t been a winning type of player.

I dunno, it could go either way, Wiseman is definitely my absolute wildcard, ok 5% 😆 

None of this players have star potential in my opinion outside if Edwards or Wiseman and even those 2 are not a sure thing, they have s lot of questionmarks. 

Anyway there are some players that most likely will be solid contributors like Ball, Okongwu and Haliburton. After those Toppin, Okoro and Advidja have even more questionmarks but should be also solid contributors. Not interested on Hayes or Vassell. Atlanta should chose between those 8

1 Wiseman

2 Edwards

3 Okongwu

4-5 Haliburton and Ball

6-8 Deni, Toppin, Okoro

Do not expect sny of these players to help on winning next year but I think should be solid additions to our young core. My preferences are Okongwu and Haliburton due to how they fit with Atlanta.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I need more tape on Wiseman. I’m 95% sure I don’t love him but for some stupid reason I can see coming back to this post and seeing myself be wrong, but only 5%, but a weird vibe 5% like it’s almost gonna happen.

He reminds me of another player I was wrong about a bit. When Blake came out of Oklahoma in 2009 and was touted to be the first overall pick, I thought he would be a complete bust. Like not a star and not put up stats like he has in his career. I just thought his body was too rugged for the game and the style wouldn’t work, I was wrong. However, he hasn’t been a winning type of player.

I dunno, it could go either way, Wiseman is definitely my absolute wildcard, ok 5% 😆 

Hes gonna struggle on defense early on too just like Toppin imo..Poor footwork, slow footed etc...

Edited by terrell

7 hours ago, terrell said:

I agree. People sleep on Hunter, and the versatility he brings..He just does without flare..We already have our splash player...lol

I’m not sleeping on hunter. Hunter is a good player that’s still learning and growing like the rest of the young core. There’s no hate on hunter , I’m glad he’s a hawk .

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

I’m not sleeping on hunter. Hunter is a good player that’s still learning and growing like the rest of the young core. There’s no hate on hunter , I’m glad he’s a hawk .

Oh I was just sayin in general..

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

Oh I was just sayin in general..

Gotcha

but just clarifying what I wrote earlier not directly to you or anyone ...just because I say Edwards for example in my opinion has more upside potential than hunter certainly doesn’t mean it’s going to pan out that way at the next level . I don’t care who the prospect is and how confident or not that a team, scout, media, fans may be for that prospect they all have to prove it at the next level. 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Gotcha

but just clarifying what I wrote earlier not directly to you or anyone ...just because I say Edwards for example in my opinion has more upside potential than hunter certainly doesn’t mean it’s going to pan out that way at the next level . I don’t care who the prospect is and how confident or not that a team, scout, media, fans may be for that prospect they all have to prove it at the next level. 

What's Edwards ceiling in your opinion? Ive seen everything from Dion Waiters to Olidipo to Donovan Mitchell to Dwayne Wade...lol. Now hes not Waiters mentally thats for sure..lol.. I could see Olidipo. Mitchell idk about that..but its possible in a few years.. Comparing him to WAde is just unfair tbh.....

• Premium Member

Fifth-Best Landing Spot: Atlanta Hawks

One one hand, LaMelo Ball would help take pressure off Trae Young, who is leading the league in time of possession this season. Opponents would have to deal with defending two of the game's elite passers and playmakers on the floor at the same time. 

But this pairing would require both players needing to adjust, particularly LaMelo. At least Young shot 50.6 percent out of spot-ups and 41.4 percent off screens on limited reps. Ball isn't the shooter that Young is. For LaMelo, playing off the ball means playing away from his strengths.

The Hawks could still run enough actions using Ball to create and set up teammates, specifically John Collins and Clint Capela, high-percentage finishing targets who'd receive even more easy-basket opportunities if the Hawks took the 19-year-old ball-handler.

Atlanta's offensive upside could be huge behind Ball, Young and Collins with shot-makers Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter and De'Andre Hunter filling in gaps.

On the downside, the Hawks ranked No. 28 in defense, with Young checking in No. 513 out of 513 NBA players in defensive real plus-minus. A Young-Ball backcourt would have difficulty containing dribble penetration, though Capela should improve the team's rim protection.

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

Will Bruno have a better career than Bol Bol? I thought we were trading up for Bol when we took Bruno is why I ask...lol...

So many GM's have egg on their face when it comes to Bol . . . including ours.  He was a projected lottery pick for most of the year leading up to the draft, before all of those negative reports started coming out about him.

You almost always have to err on the side of talent, instead of trying to draft just a "solid" player.

More and more, I'm leaning toward the Hawks wanting to draft Lamelo, despite my want for a guy like Wiseman.  The upside of Lamelo is almost too good to pass up.

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So many GM's have egg on their face when it comes to Bol . . . including ours.  He was a projected lottery pick for most of the year leading up to the draft, before all of those negative reports started coming out about him.

You almost always have to err on the side of talent, instead of trying to draft just a "solid" player.

More and more, I'm leaning toward the Hawks wanting to draft Lamelo, despite my want for a guy like Wiseman.  The upside of Lamelo is almost too good to pass up.

It depends on if he can stay healthy. Otherwise he looks like a steal in the 2nd..