• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, tier 2 prospect compared to a tier 3.5 prospect. 

Lavar is not a coddler, I can't cosign that 2nd statement at all. 

Maybe Lavar isn't, but they have been surrounded by sycophants and hangers on. And Lavar will be publicly calling for a trade if he's unhappy with the minutes and/or situation. Lavar is mostly out of the spotlight now, so that's probably not important. But for better or worse, being a team first guy is not assured with him. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta is at #4. Most expect Toppin, Edwards and Ball to be gone by this point. 

😄 One of these things is not like the other.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would you want Okoro at the 3? Isn't he like 6'6"? And why is there so little regard for Hunter on this MB

There's little regard for Hunter on all boards, to be honest.  Folks are way down on him.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's little regard for Hunter on all boards, to be honest.  Folks are way down on him.

Didn't the guy shoot over 35% from 3 his rookie season? Isn't he still 6'8" with a 7'2" wing span?  What's to be down about?  He didn't set the world on fire his rookie season?  I think it had something to do with our style of play.  You know...that Llyod Pierce make shift offense of Trae go and create some offense offense. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

His offense was about what I expected. I thought he would more impactful on defense though, he actually struggled a bit at times. 

His 1 on1 defense wasn't bad.  But the entire team was bad at defense.  Lloyd Pierce himself admitted that he has yet to implement a defensive scheme for this team for some unknown reason

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe Lavar isn't, but they have been surrounded by sycophants and hangers on. And Lavar will be publicly calling for a trade if he's unhappy with the minutes and/or situation. Lavar is mostly out of the spotlight now, so that's probably not important. But for better or worse, being a team first guy is not assured with him. 

I think you may be misunderstanding the Ball family a bit.  They all work hard and both have gotten markedly better as players.

That said, I do share your concern about being team-first.  It's a legitimate question to ask what Ball will do when he can't just up and leave a team.  I don't think he's been on the same team (maybe not even the same league) two season in a row.

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't the guy shoot over 35% from 3 his rookie season? Isn't he still 6'8" with a 7'2" wing span?  What's to be down about?  He didn't set the world on fire his rookie season?  I think it had something to do with our style of play.  You know...that Llyod Pierce make shift offense of Trae go and create some offense offense. 

Well, you're not yelling at me.  I was never high on him in the first place.  But many people thought he'd be closer to a Kawhi-type.  I always saw him as a Battier-type so his rookie year was pretty much as expected. Anyone looking for him to be a top-end player should be disappointed.

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Somebody please educate me and help me understand why Issac Okoro is a better small forward than De'Andre Hunter in the NBA.  @NBASupes@Spud2nique Somebody...Anybody

I don't know if he'll be better or not - considering how much Okoro improved in one year, it can't be ruled out that he'll be better than Hunter - but having multiple big wings is not a bad thing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Somebody please educate me and help me understand why Issac Okoro is a better small forward than De'Andre Hunter in the NBA.  @NBASupes@Spud2nique Somebody...Anybody

He's not better right now much less close but he has superior defensive potential and he's a better perimeter defender right now atm. Offensively, he's not close to Hunter but his offensive potential is expected to be nearly as impactful due to his movement skills, athleticism, BBIQ, first step and explosiveness. 

Overall, I have doubts about him getting a lot of tick in the rotation year 1 but his potential makes him the prospect I like the most for the Hawks as well.

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Jermaine Jackson is not a coddler as well. These are straight up workers. Trae and Melo have a lot in common 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Well, you're not yelling at me.  I was never high on him in the first place.  But many people thought he'd be closer to a Kawhi-type.  I always saw him as a Battier-type so his rookie year was pretty much as expected. Anyone looking for him to be a top-end player should be disappointed.

I don't know if he'll be better or not - considering how much Okoro improved in one year, it can't be ruled out that he'll be better than Hunter - but having multiple big wings is not a bad thing.

I think Peo is ranting about Supes having Okoro as the SF in the lineup with Hunter off the bench. That's not happening next season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Okoro around the 5 and later range literally matches what the purse of the org is right now. If you literally look at 5 to 9, this is the order. 

Many think Atlanta including myself will skip drafting a PG outside of Ball as they are targeting one for the move up. Atlanta is at #4. Most expect Toppin, Edwards and Ball to be gone by this point. This is 

This is their board for us if we land #1-4 overall.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Clearly not. I was talking long term like three years from now

Exactly but Peo is mad at the fact that hunter in the long run is probably the odd man out based on highest potential among these players.

Right now of course hunter is still a starter. The starting lineup is set in my opinion with cam surely winning the 2 guard spot. Hunter will be at the 3. But say we draft and keep Edwards...it’s possible in my opinion that Edwards moves into the starting lineup purely off of talent the next season even if he isn’t necessarily the best fit.

Just now, JTB said:

Exactly but Peo is mad at the fact that hunter in the long run is probably the odd man out based on highest potential among these players.

Right now of course hunter is still a starter. The starting lineup is set in my opinion with cam surely winning the 2 guard spot. Hunter will be at the 3. But say we draft and keep Edwards...it’s possible in my opinion that Edwards moves into the starting lineup purely off of talent the next season even if he isn’t necessarily the best fit.

There is zero percent chance LP would put Edwards in the starting lineup next year. Same for Okoro