• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Peo is ranting about Supes having Okoro as the SF in the lineup with Hunter off the bench. That's not happening next season.

Cam starting over Kevin isnt happening yet either imo..LP loves Huerter...

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We gonna miss bad in FA. Weak class and all of the key impact players or key guys who can help or the underrated gems are either returning or going to teams who can offer a lot more PT. It's gonna be the trade market for us. 

We better not...I cant take losing much longer..if Schlenk doesn't bring in some competent vets with the most cap space its going to be very disappointing...

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Yeah I can see it playing out like that and that’s unfortunate. I hope we don’t lose in trades either and by that I mean if we do get the first pick and plan on trading  it I Hope Schlenk isn’t planning to trade it just for the hell of it!

Sometimes I like the idea of getting the first pick to trade it and gain more assets then sometimes it scares me away because I feel like damn what if Edwards or LaMelo really turn out to be good ! What if they have a surprise year right out the gates?! We’d be kicking ourselves 

Im taking whichever player we like better...Im getting tired of " the "future assets" thing... We have more than enough picks..A couple of 1sts already in 2022 hopefully..Now if we can get our guy AND add picks, or use the pick to trade back up to get a pg(like Supes said) that fine..As long as we dont trade down past my top 8 and end up with a dud with that 1st pick..lol. 

Edited by terrell

40 minutes ago, terrell said:

We better not...I cant take losing much longer..if Schlenk doesn't bring in some competent vets with the most cap space its going to be very disappointing...

I hope he does but it's not exactly his fault if he doesn't via FA. The market is barren and the players who can help are wanted and seeking PT or starting/core situation which we lack. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope he does but it's not exactly his fault if he doesn't via FA. The market is barren and the players who can help are wanted and seeking PT or starting/core situation which we lack. 

Can we At least make some offers? I wouldnt mind a vet like Malik Beasley as the starting 2 next season..Nothing wrong with bringing the young guys off the bench. Trae is ready to win NOW..And not just Beasley in particular. But there are a few players out there that Id start over the young fellas at this point..Another losing season and no FA is coming here in 2021..

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Cam starting over Kevin isnt happening yet either imo..LP loves Huerter...

Really ? I like huerter but trae need some defense around him just as bad as 2nd playmaker however one can argue that they are both equally  critical things we need a lot more of . I get huerter is the better playmaker between him and cam right now but cam is literally the best perimeter defender on this team right now. That alone should get cam the nod in my opinion with how bad the defense has been as a whole .... cam shooting also improved greatly as the season went on this past year so I think his impact overall this next season will be completely different.

Meanwhile huerter to me looks like the same identical player from year 1. Huerter can really shoot it and he proved that year 1 and he hustles which is great . Has the right attitude and I really love the kids approach to the game but I’m seeing just a role player at best with KH that could probably have multiple seasons where he’s in the 40% range on 3s and personally because this team lacks playmaking outside of trae  and since trae is still very raw on off ball movement...I’d rather huerter is the secondary playmaker with the bench or sharing the duties of being the playmaker on the second unit with a vet or rookie point.

trae to me don’t need a full time secondary playmaker in the starting lineup he just need the IQs & awareness of Cam, Hunter, JC to take big step forward offensively. Furthermore while secondary playmaking gets a lot of talk these days it could also be beneficial to have just another starter that can create his own shot or get his own shot off vs the defense besides trae....just saying that could also be huge help to where so many double teams won’t come traes way 

38 minutes ago, JTB said:

Really ? I like huerter but trae need some defense around him just as bad as 2nd playmaker however one can argue that they are both equally  critical things we need a lot more of . I get huerter is the better playmaker between him and cam right now but cam is literally the best perimeter defender on this team right now. That alone should get cam the nod in my opinion with how bad the defense has been as a whole .... cam shooting also improved greatly as the season went on this past year so I think his impact overall this next season will be completely different.

Meanwhile huerter to me looks like the same identical player from year 1. Huerter can really shoot it and he proved that year 1 and he hustles which is great . Has the right attitude and I really love the kids approach to the game but I’m seeing just a role player at best with KH that could probably have multiple seasons where he’s in the 40% range on 3s and personally because this team lacks playmaking outside of trae  and since trae is still very raw on off ball movement...I’d rather huerter is the secondary playmaker with the bench or sharing the duties of being the playmaker on the second unit with a vet or rookie point.

trae to me don’t need a full time secondary playmaker in the starting lineup he just need the IQs & awareness of Cam, Hunter, JC to take big step forward offensively. Furthermore while secondary playmaking gets a lot of talk these days it could also be beneficial to have just another starter that can create his own shot or get his own shot off vs the defense besides trae....just saying that could also be huge help to where so many double teams won’t come traes way 

I agree..I think Cam should start..But idk man. We shall see..Its not gonna really matter anyway. They'll both get their minutes...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't agree...Reddish can play the 3 on a losing team for sure just like Carter can play the 4 on a losing team but I certainly don't think Cam is best utilized at the 3

Peo explain why ....because in this era the 2 and 3 are damn near the exact same thing. Even more importantly Under LP system the 2/3 and 4/5 is very very similar in what duties that are being asked on the floor especially the 4 & 5. The 2 is being asked to be secondary playmaker however but if that happens to come from the 3 ....regardless of what wingman outside of Trae can perform that duty, the system would still flourish.

LP system is truly designed around Trae and the only true need is that there’s a size difference between these positions for matchup reasons for example since 2s are generally smaller than 3s, a 3 would need to be a bigger version of the 2. Ideally since we need a secondary ball handler/playmaker though the 2 is asked to do this.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JTB said:

Peo explain why ....because in this era the 2 and 3 are damn near the exact same thing. Even more importantly Under LP system the 2/3 and 4/5 is very very similar in what duties that are being asked on the floor especially the 4 & 5. The 2 is being asked to be secondary playmaker however but if that happens to come from the 3 ....regardless of what wingman outside of Trae can perform that duty, the system would still flourish.

LP system is truly designed around Trae and the only true need is that there’s a size difference between these positions for matchup reasons for example since 2s are generally smaller than 3s, a 3 would need to be a bigger version of the 2. Ideally since we need a secondary ball handler/playmaker though the 2 is asked to do this.

There is a difference defensively.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cam will continue playing the 2 and the 3. Hunter will continue playing the 3 and the 4. Why so many arguments over their positions? 

Because I am ready for the team to play defense and win more games than they lose!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is a difference defensively.

Agreed but why would anyone think Cam isn't capable of playing SF defensively?  6'8'' is like the mold setting size for the position.  I guarantee Cam will be playing minutes at SF this season.  You don't have to match him up there against Tobias Harris or something but there are a ton of perimeter oriented SFs (i.e., the majority of them) and he could be very effective in those matchups.

Paul George

6'8'' 220 lb at age 30

Cam Reddish

6'8'' 208lb at age 20

George is the comp for me for what Reddish can become defensively.

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because I am ready for the team to play defense and win more games than they lose!

Cam is arguably the best defender on the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agreed but why would anyone think Cam isn't capable of playing SF defensively?  6'8'' is like the mold setting size for the position.  I guarantee Cam will be playing minutes at SF this season.  You don't have to match him up there against Tobias Harris or something but there are a ton of perimeter oriented SFs (i.e., the majority of them) and he could be very effective in those matchups.

Paul George

6'8'' 220 lb at age 30

Cam Reddish

6'8'' 208lb at age 20

Cam is arguably the best defender on the team.

Cam is great on the perimeter against guards but would get murdered down low against bigger players especially is he gets switched onto a power forward or center.  Hunter can hold his own against both forward positions and against some centers.  Plus your 3 had to rebound and Cam is a below average rebounder for a small forward. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Paul George

6'8'' 220 lb at age 30

Cam Reddish

6'8'' 208lb at age 20

Paul George starts at the 2 guard position for the Clippers

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Paul George starts at the 2 guard position for the Clippers

If we had Kawhi Leonard, we would play Kawhi at SF as well.  George has been interchangable and effective at both positions for his career.  Cam brings that kind of value as well and will increasingly as he gets stronger.  

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cam is great on the perimeter against guards but would get murdered down low against bigger players especially is he gets switched onto a power forward or center.  Hunter can hold his own against both forward positions and against some centers.  Plus your 3 had to rebound and Cam is a below average rebounder for a small forward. 

Hunter 5.1 rp36, 7.6% TRB%

Reddish 5.0 rp36, 7.5% TRB%

Hunter's versatility against larger players is why he will end up playing some PF and Cam won't end up playing any PF.  

Personally, I want to see Huerter off the bench and Cam/Hunter starting but I think there is a real possibility that LD will continue to start Huerter which leaves either Hunter or Cam as possibilities for starting at the 3.  Cam is the more natural guy to come off the bench since he can slot in at either SG or SF.  The downside to that is that I think he may well be the best player of the 3.

• Like 1