• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we had Kawhi Leonard, we would play Kawhi at SF as well.  George has been interchangable and effective at both positions for his career.  Cam brings that kind of value as well and will increasingly as he gets stronger.  

The Clippers traded for him to play 2 guard

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hunter's versatility against larger players is why he will end up playing some PF and Cam won't end up playing any PF.  

Hunter won't end up playing power forward.  Hunter can guard power forward now if there is a forced switch in game.  Cam cannot do that.  He is better at switching on to point guards on the perimeter.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you put more weight on their pre-rookie season projections than their actual rookie production?  That would be a strange hill to make your stand on.

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Clippers traded for him to play 2 guard

Again, they already had Kawhi.  Are you seriously arguing that George isn't one of the best SFs in the league when he plays there?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Because I am ready for the team to play defense and win more games than they lose!

Cam at the 3 and Hunter at the 4 will be our best lineup at times. You want everything to be one way all the time, but that's not how it works. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Sample size!😇

A projection has a sample size of nothing.

You want to double down and say you think the projections they release before next season will remain unchanged?  Reddish played 58 games and Hunter 63.

Hunter should be a much better rebounder but he wasn't.  He needs to improve that.  For them to be equal when Hunter was playing more SF/PF with better rebounding opportunities than Cam did at SG/SF is not great for Hunter.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Again, they already had Kawhi.  Are you seriously arguing that George isn't one of the best SFs in the league when he plays there?

If a per of 20 is one of the best sure but there are better...Like Leonard, Lebron, Durant who are much better!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Cam at the 3 and Hunter at the 4 will be our best lineup at times. You want everything to be one way all the time, but that's not how it works. 

Until it works I'm sticking with what my eyes tell me.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If a per of 20 is one of the best sure but there are better...Like Leonard, Lebron, Durant who are much better!

He isn't the best.  No argument there.  He is one of the best.  George was a 6x All-Star playing primarily SF.  He made 1st team All-NBA Defense at SF (and 4x All-NBA Defense).  He was 5x All-NBA at SF, including a 1st team selection.  He finished #3 in the MVP voting playing SF.  

So yeah, I'm going to say one of the best even if he isn't as good as LeBron James.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

He isn't the best.  No argument there.  He is one of the best.  George was a 6x All-Star playing primarily SF.  He made 1st team All-NBA Defense at SF (and 4x All-NBA Defense).  He was 5x All-NBA at SF, including a 1st team selection.  He finished #3 in the MVP voting playing SF. 

He is a good defender so I'll give him that but he is soft as butter on offense!  I think 53% of his shot this year were 3 pointers!  Trae Young drove to the basket more than him at 180lbs! LOL!

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

You want to double down and say you think the projections they release before next season will remain unchanged? 

I'm going to go back and ask this again.  If you believe the projections are going to significantly change before Cam and Hunter play another game (which I do), then why would you trot them out like they are the best evidence of something?  Everyone knows that projections are tough to do for rookies and they frequently shift radically after their first year because the pre-rookie season projections are based on unreliable college numbers and the actual NBA production gets weighted much more heavily along with other factors like age, etc. that go into these numbers.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He is a good defender so I'll give him that but he is soft as butter on offense!  I think 53% of his shot this year were 3 pointers!  Trae Young drove to the basket more than him at 180lbs! LOL!

This was the most efficient scoring season of his career.  He was way more productive on his 3's than on his shots inside the arc.  That is to be expected when you shoot 41.2% from range on a high volume.  

Kawhi is the better driver of the two for sure which I'm sure factored into him taking his career high % of shots from 3pt range just like we'll see JC around the basket less often next season when Capela is in the game and taking up that space.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Until it works I'm sticking with what my eyes tell me.

Our most used lineup had them at those positions and it had a positive +/-. That's impressive considering how extremely inexperienced that lineup was. They should be even more successful in the future. 

• Like 1