• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

34 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ant man wants to be here!!!

I’m mad 😡 he said he wanted to play with Warriors, sad 😞 he said Knicks, and happy 😃 with us. He’s good friends with Trae and Cam. From Atlanta and as Marcobird said WANTS TO BE HERE! 

Trae/🐜/Cam/Hunt/Collins/Capela/Huerter, it’s a nice 7 right there. Magnificent 7! 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m mad 😡 he said he wanted to play with Warriors, sad 😞 he said Knicks, and happy 😃 with us. He’s good friends with Trae and Cam. From Atlanta and as Marcobird said WANTS TO BE HERE! 

Trae/🐜/Cam/Hunt/Collins/Capela/Huerter, it’s a nice 7 right there. Magnificent 7! 

Listen to the entire interview. You're going to like it. He said he thinks KD is the greatest player ever (uh no), but hated that he teamed up with the warriors. If you're really great player, you should be able to get your team the championship.  He said that he doesn't believe in super teams and would never want to play for one. 

I like this kid.  Although, if we draft him in Atlanta.  We might have our own super team.  :).

Also, check out how he's literally drooling over Taylor Brooks at 4:05 in the video.  I can't figure out how to post the image.  It's too funny.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

He said that he doesn't believe in super teams and would never want to play for one. 

For his sake I hope he doesn’t end up in Detroit or NY. He could be Iverson in those cities, in ours, he would have to play a different role.

Damn, I’m torn a bit. I love the kid, the star ⭐️ potential, but don’t absolutely love the on court fit. I hope I’m wrong, we get him and he brings his city 🌃 a championship.

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I"m just not seeing passing on Edwards if we have the chance.   He's got an NBA frame, you can tell he'll be a really good 3 point shooter in the pros, he can get his shot off easily and can drive.   I don't think his floor is as low as people think and we can't afford to pass on that potential on the hometown guy.  Let's get him.

And one more thing. D O G 🐕 alph not Alf.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I didn’t see him saying he was a stellar defensive player last year but that he could be when locked in and that in the pro game this would be more important. He had the tools but many athletes have no interest in actually playing D.  The fact that he focused on his potential defensively was at least a positive sign he recognizes how important this is to his potential value.  Unlike Zach Lavine or someone like that who has the gifts but zero interest.

Ah, the age old "I woulda played defense but .... you know."   That ol' Jabari Parker-ism.

I've never seen a player go from the level of complete disinterest (which is what Edwards was at UGA) to a plus defender.  Yet people think Edwards will do just that.  I'm dubious on that one.  If you tell me he can become passable, I guess I could buy that.

48 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Listen to the entire interview.

Marco I just listened to the whole thing. Interesting dude and a lot of sexual tension all around between everyone including myself. 😐 

At the 13:38 mark he talks about teaming with Trae. 🥳 

@kg01 This kid will D up, he’s not just talking smack. He’s Iverson and Wade, question is, do we need that. God he’s good though. Solid handles, nice pull up game, he has a really good feel. 

He talks about Michael Vick and how he’s the best QB of all time. Not sure about that but Edwards is gonna be electric. How coachable is 🐜, can his mentality of a dominant player in his mind allow him to flourish in winning team basketball 🏀

He sparkles ✨ though. Damn. I kinda want him bad. 😀 I’m a marketers dream  😂 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, the age old "I woulda played defense but .... you know."   That ol' Jabari Parker-ism.

I've never seen a player go from the level of complete disinterest (which is what Edwards was at UGA) to a plus defender.  Yet people think Edwards will do just that.  I'm dubious on that one.  If you tell me he can become passable, I guess I could buy that.

Ben Simmons was pretty bad and disinterested at the college level.  He's much improved as an NBA defender.

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ben Simmons was pretty bad and disinterested at the college level.  He's much improved as an NBA defender.

bbiq was never a question for Simmons.

I feel compelled to say, despite my international smear campaign, I'm not as down on the guy as it may seem.  I just think there a major flaws there that need to be hammered out.  I don't think y'all are acknowledging that as much as I think you should.  That's all.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I feel compelled to say, despite my international smear campaign, I'm not as down on the guy as it may seem.  I just think there a major flaws there that need to be hammered out.  I don't think y'all are acknowledging that as much as I think you should.  That's all.

I like the tools and see some skills but think he is probably two years away.  A team like the Hawks only drafts him as a long-term play.  Kind of like a less extreme version of Jermaine O'Neal when drafted by Portland (less extreme because I think he is closer than Jermaine was straight out of HS).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You said a level of disinterest to competent defender.  That's exactly what Ben Simmons exhibited and Anthony Edwards does too. 

My post absolutely addresses his flaws from the disinterest to the shot selection.   He has tons to work, but given his age and improvements he's made in the past four years, I'm very bullish on him.  

I'm not saying he's a perfect prospect, I just think it's too much talent to give up in the current state of the rebuild. 

Btw, I'm not trying to change your mind on Edwards at all.  Just explaining what I personally like about him.  I see the flaws and all, as with Cam and still want the Hawks to draft him. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He said "man that would be a dream come true", when asked about Atlanta.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Listen to the entire interview. You're going to like it. He said he thinks KD is the greatest player ever (uh no), but hated that he teamed up with the warriors. If you're really great player, you should be able to get your team the championship.  He said that he doesn't believe in super teams and would never want to play for one. 

I like this kid.  Although, if we draft him in Atlanta.  We might have our own super team.  :).

Also, check out how he's literally drooling over Taylor Brooks at 4:05 in the video.  I can't figure out how to post the image.  It's too funny.

Have you seen Taylor Rooks? lol

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Marco I just listened to the whole thing. Interesting dude and a lot of sexual tension all around between everyone including myself. 😐 

At the 13:38 mark he talks about teaming with Trae. 🥳 

@kg01 This kid will D up, he’s not just talking smack. He’s Iverson and Wade, question is, do we need that. God he’s good though. Solid handles, nice pull up game, he has a really good feel. 

He talks about Michael Vick and how he’s the best QB of all time. Not sure about that but Edwards is gonna be electric. How coachable is 🐜, can his mentality of a dominant player in his mind allow him to flourish in winning team basketball 🏀

He sparkles ✨ though. Damn. I kinda want him bad. 😀 I’m a marketers dream  😂 

If you grew up in Atlanta while Vick was a Falcon, you'd think he was the GOAT too. The stats tell a different story, but every week it looked like Vick was doing something on a different level.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

He said "man that would be a dream come true", when asked about Atlanta.......

Yes Zir! 😃 💗 it! Bring 🏀 Vick home 🏠 Oh, keep him here. Dude stayed in Georgia during college. Sounds like a Nique situation. 😊 

Just now, nathan2331 said:

If you grew up in Atlanta while Vick was a Falcon, you'd think he was the GOAT too. The stats tell a different story, but every week it looked like Vick was doing something on a different level.

Ya I remember Vick was electric. I rooted for him to always rip up the Niners for sure. 😂 Bad boy. 🐜 got that alpha.