Let's Talk Draft Picks


Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member
On 4/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, bleachkit said:

This draft is light on shooting. Who do you like?

Later first round would like the SF kid from Louisville. A couple of seconds and/or a kid from overseas to get him should work ok. Have watched him some. Nwora can shoot period. Is fine with contact, has a midrange, has the three ball and pretty good at the line. So if things do fall a certain way say Toppin (or your other higher pick choice) and a SF that can shoot here. Other possibilities of course but this kid Nwora can score and can develop behind Hunter and hopefully a rotation FA. More athletic guys are available earlier than Nwora such as Precious from Memphis but would probably take a much stronger move to get him. Anyway, this cat I have seen.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My new Big board update. Tier 3.5: Decent Role player potential with All-Star possibilities down the road. I do see these guys as Day 1 contributors to a degree. 1t. LaMelo Ball - Low floor

This is one of those drafts where i'm glad we got some experts figuring it out.  I mean I got us Trae, it's time for Travis to do some work.

Horford >> Toppin   (In before Supes)

Posted Images

23 hours ago, bleachkit said:

This draft is light on shooting. Who do you like?

Very light. One of the worse in awhile. That said, you got potential shooting and a lot of 3/D types as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Thought some of you would enjoy listening to some extended discussion on top prospects:

Edwards -->

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3yvZZux9fFDWGqGvhH2uRu?si=T7PnNAenQ0C1OKMnVRPggA

Wiseman -->

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0lbROPQDjHVGCw7WeP5M8V?si=6mBrEsBKSueEShSVKFCFLQ

Mental note to return here if we end up picking one of these guys...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Thought some of you would enjoy listening to some extended discussion on top prospects:

Edwards -->

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3yvZZux9fFDWGqGvhH2uRu?si=T7PnNAenQ0C1OKMnVRPggA

Wiseman -->

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0lbROPQDjHVGCw7WeP5M8V?si=6mBrEsBKSueEShSVKFCFLQ

I am afraid I will not get my target of Wiseman and will be unsatisfied with anyone else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang.

 

 

How would that affect college players who may want to withdraw and return to college?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How would that affect college players who may want to withdraw and return to college?

Not sure. This whole thing is a cluster.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree with you. I initially liked him as a basketball 🏀 baller type, then I thought, why do we need a straight up one on one guy who is at time a volume shooter. I honestly would have a tough call if we got the first pick. I would probably go Wiseman at 1 at the moment or trade out.

I no longer really even want him.  Give me Haliburton or Hayes later in the lotto.  Or please trade out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I no longer really even want him.  Give me Haliburton or Hayes later in the lotto.  Or please trade out.

Ya those two dudes seem solid. I need to watch more tape on them but like them both and my favorite is Okoro. Okongwu and Okoro actually if we get around the 4-7 pick. Otherwise I’d good with trading  down or out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually I hate Edwards as a prospect but if we drafted him, there is no way he would start over Reddish.

I didn’t say he should start over Reddish. That list was in no order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree with you. I initially liked him as a basketball 🏀 baller type, then I thought, why do we need a straight up one on one guy who is at time a volume shooter. I honestly would have a tough call if we got the first pick. I would probably go Wiseman at 1 at the moment or trade out.

You never know! When the offense breaks down or doesn’t run smoothly that’s when you need a guy like this who can get his own shot off. Not that we don’t have that in trae but doesn’t hurt to have two or eventually three (including Cam)

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

I no longer really even want him.  Give me Haliburton or Hayes later in the lotto.  Or please trade out.

Edwards has a lot of skills to be a 18 year old guard. Not sure why you both have soured on him....This young mans potential is through the roof. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Edwards and Ball are the guys.  This team needs someone else who can get their own shot, besides Trae.

 

Ball can't shoot or get his own shot.  He is reckless with the ball and plays no defense.  I would throw up if Ball was the selection unless they were picking later in the lottery

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Ball can't shoot or get his own shot.  He is reckless with the ball and plays no defense.  I would throw up if Ball was the selection unless they were picking later in the lottery

These are the exact same things you were saying about Cam last year. I mean Ball and Edwards are literally the two youngest players in this draft with advanced skillsets for their age.  Ball can get to the rim, he has good handles, and great vision.  His top end potential is a 6'7" Trae Young.  Sign me up for that.  His middle ground is still a solid point guard or two guard.  He has tons to work on, but no one is a finished product at 18.

Same goes for Edwards.  Just don't do a complete 180 if we draft these players and act like you didn't want them on the team like you did with Cam Reddish.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

These are the exact same things you were saying about Cam last year.

Never said that Cam couldn't get his own shot, play defense or was reckless with the ball.  You're making that up.  My concerns with Cam were totally different which showcased themselves early in the season.  I continue to reject the notion of drafting Barrett more than Cam for the same reason I have my reservations about Ball.  Ball Hogs that can't shoot limits the teams that they are playing on and Mello is that kind of player so no thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Never said that Cam couldn't get his own shot, play defense or was reckless with the ball.  You're making that up.  My concerns with Cam were totally different which showcased themselves early in the season.  I continue to reject the notion of drafting Barrett more than Cam for the same reason I have my reservations about Ball.  Ball Hogs that can't shoot limits the teams that they are playing on and Mello is that kind of player so no thank you

You literally screamed at the top of your lungs that Cam couldn't get his shot or shoot and was turnover proned.  Everytime someone said something positive you were like he shot 36% from the field and 33% from three.  If you want me to go to the draft thread from last year and quote you, I will because I have all damn day because of the quaratine.  

No you didn't say Cam couldn't play defense, stop being so obtuse because you know I was saying your general thoughts on Cam Reddish weren't positive and now you're like you won't trade him.  Look past the stats and look at the skillsets of these young guys.  Sometimes the best player in college with beautiful stats, will not even make a rotation in the NBA because college and the NBA are different games. 

I'm not saying you're opinion is wrong by far, because we all like who we like, but you at least should man up and say when you're wrong about certain things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You literally screamed at the top of your lungs that Cam couldn't get his shot or shoot and was turnover proned.  Everytime someone said something positive you were like he shot 36% from the field and 33% from three.  If you want me to go to the draft thread from last year and quote you, I will because I have all damn day because of the quaratine.  

No you didn't say Cam couldn't play defense, stop being so obtuse because you know I was saying your general thoughts on Cam Reddish weren't positive and now you're like you won't trade him. 

Yes I said that he could not shoot but he was still on my draft board just not ahead of other players.  I can show you my draft board if you want to see it.  Barrett was not on my Draft board at all and Melo most likely won't be on my draft board.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yes I said that he could not shoot but he was still on my draft board just not ahead of other players.  I can show you my draft board if you want to see it.  Barrett was not on my Draft board at all and Melo most likely won't be on my draft board.

Okay, just be prepared to admit you were wrong is all I'm saying.  Like I'll happily admit if I'm wrong about Melo and Edwards. 

People simple don't like Melo because of his dad and haven't paid attention to the gigantic improvements in his game. His vision alone is draft worthy and he has defensive potential when engaged.  It's all about his attitude though. If he is a hard worker and wants to be the best, he'll be way better than Lonzo who is a solid NBA starter.

It's not the UGA bias with Edwards for me btw.  I just see the perfect skillset next to Trae.  He will be able to guard 1 -3 three easily. If you add that defense with Cam and Hunter that's a great addition to what we need. On top of the ability to get his own shot and having good vision.  He made some advanced reads throughout the season, but is lacking in consistency there. He's young and raw. He doesn't have an ego and from all reports is a hard worker.  That's the type of guy with "potential" that the Hawks would want. Plus he's from ATL and the story would just write itself.

Edit: Just realized this is the Ask Supes thread and not the draft thread... @lethalweapon3 or @AHF please feel  free to move my comments to the draft thread.  I hate taking threads off topic.

Edited by marco102
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

 

Okay, just be prepared to admit you were wrong is all I'm saying.  Like I'll happily admit if I'm wrong about Melo and Edwards. 

People simple don't like Melo because of his dad and haven't paid attention to the gigantic improvements in his game. His vision alone is draft worthy and he has defensive potential when engaged.  It's all about his attitude though. If he is a hard worker and wants to be the best, he'll be way better than Lonzo who is a solid NBA starter.

It's not the UGA bias with Edwards for me btw.  I just see the perfect skillset next to Trae.  He will be able to guard 1 -3 three easily. If you add that defense with Cam and Hunter that's a great addition to what we need. On top of the ability to get his own shot and having good vision.  He made some advanced reads throughout the season, but is lacking in consistency there. He's young and raw. He doesn't have an ego and from all reports is a hard worker.  That's the type of guy with "potential" that the Hawks would want. Plus he's from ATL and the story would just write itself.

Is there a chance that these players become stars?  Certainly but both have a ton of red flags.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.