• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Anyone we draft will most likely be a backup.   No team has ever won a championship with Just five players. You need to be deep. 

That's true, but really PG is the ONLY position we are guaranteed set at now and in the future. If we draft a PG, they are a only ever going to be a backup while they here.

Any other position we draft will be a backup this year,  but if they are good enough could be a potential starter down the road. No one is locked in to a specific position like Trae is.

We can either draft a guaranteed backup, or a potential starter.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

That's true, but really PG is the ONLY position we are guaranteed set at now and in the future. If we draft a PG, they are a only ever going to be a backup while they here.

Any other position we draft will be a backup this year,  but if they are good enough could be a potential starter down the road. No one is locked in to a specific position like Trae is.

We can either draft a guaranteed backup, or a potential starter.

Yeah this is how I feel also.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Atlanta Hawks: Buying

According to ESPN's Tim Bontemps, the Hawks are among the teams most expect will be active in trade talks with their pick. I'm buying Atlanta's willingness to make a move, given the front office's recent track record of draft-day swapping and the team's interest in moving up the standings.

The Hawks will presumably try to acquire a veteran or an immediate contributor like Spencer Dinwiddie or Buddy Hield, players who may be available. The alternative would be trying to package their young wings and forwards like De'Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish and Kevin Huerter to move up for a scorer like Anthony Edwards, though this admittedly sounds unrealistic.

Regardless, I suspect the Hawks will try to move from the No. 6 spot.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2909528-2020-nba-draft-buying-or-selling-latest-rumors.amp.html

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like Travis is going to quietly try to move up for Deni or Edwards.   Edwards maybe wishful thinking on my part but i could see him making a deal to get Deni.

And its going to be Deni so expect Ant fans to go bananas. lol

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like Travis is going to quietly try to move up for Deni or Edwards.   Edwards maybe wishful thinking on my part but i could see him making a deal to get Deni.

My concern with Edwards is he needs the ball, and he needs shots, that's his game. With Trae, JC, Cam taking a lot of shots, it's just hard to see that as a good fit. 

• Like 1